Thread: Toyota's new 2.5l engine

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Toyota's new 2.5l engine

Toyota just announced their new Camry but what I found interesting is the new 2.5L specs. The engine on the right of the chart is for the Hybrid. The standard engine on the left outputs 205hp/185lbft with a 13:1 compression ratio. Toyota hasn't announce mileage but they say it will be best in class. Mazda needs to get moving on Skyactive II.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Toyota's new 2.5l engine

The detailed specs for the engine in the Camry have been announced. Along with the jump in performance. the EPA rating is 15% higher than the EPA in the similar sized Mazda6 (26/35/29).

"Peak horsepower is estimated at 206hp at 6,600 rpm with torque estimated at 186 lb.-ft. at 5,000 rpm. Fuel economy is rated at an EPA-estimate of 29 mpg city/41 mpg highway/34 mpg combined."

And it looks like Toyota has finally added some feedback to their steering.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/06/21/2...-drive-review/

"Behind the wheel, the 2018 Camry is almost reminiscent of a Mazda, with precise and consistently weighted steering, tidy body control, and a lower, driver-focused seating position that puts the controls where they feel most natural. And you don't even need to buy the supposedly sportier SE trim level to get that. Indeed, the gap between the SE and the former puffball LE trim level (ditto the ritzier XSE and XLE) has shrunk to the point where it's fairly difficult to tell the difference in normal driving."

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man this xv70 Camry looks awesome! From what I can tell, the main differences between the SE and XSE are cosmetic with XSE only model with two-tone, red interior, and standard 19" rims. Not sure if the choice of engine determines number of exhausts lol, some have quad dual exhaust, others just dual on one side. Overall, I was surprised; this actually looks fun to drive, who woulda thought? Car looks like it's about to sell like hotcakes once out. If Mazda follows suit with those options like red interior, sports trim (since no Mazdaspeed model, maybe offer Mazdaspeed accessories?), quad exhausts (I know lol but who doesn't like more exhaust tips), two-tone colour schemes and other goodies, the 6 would be a winner imo! Not to mention sportier ride with the 6!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dope3 View Post
    Man this xv70 Camry looks awesome! From what I can tell, the main differences between the SE and XSE are cosmetic with XSE only model with two-tone, red interior, and standard 19" rims. Not sure if the choice of engine determines number of exhausts lol, some have quad dual exhaust, others just dual on one side. Overall, I was surprised; this actually looks fun to drive, who woulda thought? Car looks like it's about to sell like hotcakes once out. If Mazda follows suit with those options like red interior, sports trim (since no Mazdaspeed model, maybe offer Mazdaspeed accessories?), quad exhausts (I know lol but who doesn't like more exhaust tips), two-tone colour schemes and other goodies, the 6 would be a winner imo! Not to mention sportier ride with the 6!
    only the v6 get the quad tips

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SkyActivR View Post
    only the v6 get the quad tips
    It is specific to the XSE model (both V6 and 2.5L).

http://www.tflcar.com/2017/06/driven...essions-video/

"Opt for the dual exhaust on the 4-cylinder XSE and you’ll bump up to 206 at 6,600 rpm and 186 lb-ft of torque at 5,000 rpm. Power is excellent and, discounting the small bump in power, the quad exhaust sounds pretty beefy."

http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases...sheet.download

XSE (in addition to or in place of standard L, LE, and SE features)
     LED headlights with smoke tint and fully integrated LED DRLs with auto on/off feature
     LED taillights with smoke tint
     Gloss black front grille with sport mesh insert
     Color-keyed heated outside mirrors with turn signal and blind spot warning indicator
     Color-keyed outside door handles with touch sensor lock/unlock feature
     19-inch black machined-finish alloy wheels and P235/40R19 tires
    Dual exhaust with quad chrome tips
     Panoramic glass roof with power tilt/slide moonroof (V6 only)
    Last edited by hoodlum; 06-28-2017 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just reading about this! So slight performance gain with the quad exhaust is the only performance upgrade, the rest cosmetic, albeit attractive ones (love the red interior, gloss black look, smoke, and 19" rims). I saw pics with the XLE having a single exhaust as opposed to dual. I'm assuming the dual exhaust is an option on that trim as well, unless the single exhaust is the 2.5 4cyl hybrid.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dope3 View Post
    I was just reading about this! So slight performance gain with the quad exhaust is the only performance upgrade, the rest cosmetic, albeit attractive ones (love the red interior, gloss black look, smoke, and 19" rims). I saw pics with the XLE having a single exhaust as opposed to dual. I'm assuming the dual exhaust is an option on that trim as well, unless the single exhaust is the 2.5 4cyl hybrid.
    It must have been the Hybrid.

XLE (In addition to or in place of standard L, LE, SE and XSE features)
     LED headlights with fully integrated LED DRLs with auto on/off feature
     LED taillights
     Bright metallic front grille
     18-inch chrome machined-finish alloy wheels and P235/45R18 tires