Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: fender roll for 18x8.5 +44 and 18x9.5 +28 or +40 wheels!

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    hamilton
    Age
    23
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default fender roll for 18x8.5 +44 and 18x9.5 +28 or +40 wheels!

    hey guys I was just wondering as im not too sure about the fitment for my 2011 mazda 3 as ive been getting different answers from people i know so Im too confused now. So this summer I am planning on going 2.0 drop front and 1.75 rear. Also I am planning to go for 18x8.5+40 or 44 offset mounted on 225 40 18 tires for a Safer mod but they say going 18x9.5 below + 28 to 40 offset is more stance and putting it on a 225 40 18 tires as I am avoiding too much stretch on the tires due to bad experience about it. so for that fitment do I need to get my fenders rolled or just rear fender, also putting a 18x9.5 rims on a 225 40 18 is it gonna be too stretch or slighty stretched like barely noticeable or any disadvantage about this fitment. So basically i might go for stance this summer. Lastly do i need an alignment for this Any ideas that you can share. please let me know Thank you!
    IG: @justmazduh

  2. #2
    #DipItRealGood FD22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Etobicoke/Michigan
    Posts
    10,629
    Thanks
    508
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,413 Posts
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: fender roll for 18x8.5 +44 and 18x9.5 +28 or +40 wheels!

    You mention both 8.5 and 9.5 widths. Assuming it's the 9.5 you're going with, and 225/40/18 you're wanting to put on, then yes you will need a roll depending on how much camber you're willing to run. I would also advise an alignment once you've got your setup all sorted out.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    hamilton
    Age
    23
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: fender roll for 18x8.5 +44 and 18x9.5 +28 or +40 wheels!

    Quote Originally Posted by FD22 View Post
    You mention both 8.5 and 9.5 widths. Assuming it's the 9.5 you're going with, and 225/40/18 you're wanting to put on, then yes you will need a roll depending on how much camber you're willing to run. I would also advise an alignment once you've got your setup all sorted out.
    oh thanks for mentioning about the camber, I forgot to ask that too. so I needed to do a negative camber on it. lol . I dont want any negative camber tho I know going stance requires that but would it be required to do a negative camber on 18x9.5 does the offset matter or no lol sorry but its my first time going for stance

  4. #4
    #DipItRealGood FD22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Etobicoke/Michigan
    Posts
    10,629
    Thanks
    508
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,413 Posts
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: fender roll for 18x8.5 +44 and 18x9.5 +28 or +40 wheels!

    Quote Originally Posted by dan_mz3 View Post
    oh thanks for mentioning about the camber, I forgot to ask that too. so I needed to do a negative camber on it. lol . I dont want any negative camber tho I know going stance requires that but would it be required to do a negative camber on 18x9.5 does the offset matter or no lol sorry but its my first time going for stance
    Yes, some amount of negative camber is required. And yes, offset does matter. Have a stroll through the thread below to see what kind of similar setups people have ran with your car, and you'll get an idea of what's required.

    http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...it-quot-thread!

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    hamilton
    Age
    23
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: fender roll for 18x8.5 +44 and 18x9.5 +28 or +40 wheels!

    Quote Originally Posted by FD22 View Post
    Yes, some amount of negative camber is required. And yes, offset does matter. Have a stroll through the thread below to see what kind of similar setups people have ran with your car, and you'll get an idea of what's required.

    http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...it-quot-thread!
    Oh nice. Thanks for the response. I will probably just stick to prokits 1.5 front 1.3 rear. or 1.5 all around works tho? And ill just probably get a 18x8.75+35 on 225 40 18 to avoid camber and rolling lol

  6. #6
    #DipItRealGood FD22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Etobicoke/Michigan
    Posts
    10,629
    Thanks
    508
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,413 Posts
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: fender roll for 18x8.5 +44 and 18x9.5 +28 or +40 wheels!

    Quote Originally Posted by dan_mz3 View Post
    Oh nice. Thanks for the response. I will probably just stick to prokits 1.5 front 1.3 rear. or 1.5 all around works tho? And ill just probably get a 18x8.75+35 on 225 40 18 to avoid camber and rolling lol
    Prokits should be uniform drop all around. That height shouldn't give you much issue with those specs. Good luck!

  7. #7
    Sponsor - GTA Retrofits
    Hyperion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,826
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 536 Posts
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: fender roll for 18x8.5 +44 and 18x9.5 +28 or +40 wheels!

    Going to need adjustable camber on the front to not look silly with 8.75 and a 225 on the front.
    Modifications? I've forgotten more than I remember. Click here for the list.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    hamilton
    Age
    23
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: fender roll for 18x8.5 +44 and 18x9.5 +28 or +40 wheels!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Going to need adjustable camber on the front to not look silly with 8.75 and a 225 on the front.
    what do you mean by adjustable camber? lol sorry but first time lowering it . so does going staggered work tho ? like 215/40/18 fronts then 225/40/18? would that be good?

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    hamilton
    Age
    23
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: fender roll for 18x8.5 +44 and 18x9.5 +28 or +40 wheels!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Going to need adjustable camber on the front to not look silly with 8.75 and a 225 on the front.
    What do you mean by adjustable camber? sorry, but first time lowering it . So does going staggered work tho ? like 215/40/18 fronts then 225/40/18 rear on a 18x8.75+35 or 38 offset ? would that be good? I just really dont want to to do any negative camber and because my budget would not be enough since I am going to purchase new suspension and new wheels. that would be around $3.5k so im trying to save some bucks ..

  10. #10
    Sponsor - GTA Retrofits
    Hyperion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,826
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 536 Posts
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: fender roll for 18x8.5 +44 and 18x9.5 +28 or +40 wheels!


Similar Threads

  1. Klutch SL5 Wheels 18x9.5 et 20
    By MissJaeeee in forum Wheels & Tires
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-08-2014, 12:59 PM
  2. Fender roll with some paint chipping
    By Punkrockjohn in forum Exterior Styling & Appearance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-06-2013, 12:13 PM
  3. Where to fender roll ?
    By MistaChin in forum Wheels & Tires
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 12:54 PM
  4. Fender Roll
    By Broli in forum Exterior Styling & Appearance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 06:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •