Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

  1. #1
    Newbie Teh_baje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Just read an article stating that Mazda will begin a recall in March for gen 2 Mazda 3 and Mazda 2 because the seat lifter brackets can crack and the break during operation causing the back of the seat to fall flat. The article says the US but I assume Canada will be included also. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up if your seat is making a strange noise while adjusting, the brackets could already be broken.

    http://www.motor1.com/news/136089/ma...3-seat-recall/


    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Member sarujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    1,244
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 71 Times in 53 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    It finally arrived officially here in Canada on Transport Canada Recall # 2017073

    http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/...rchResult&pg=0


    On certain vehicles, the push nuts and/or the lifter link which adjusts the height of the driver seat could be of insufficient strength and could become broken or detach from the seat frame. If this occurs, the seat height and inclination position would change rapidly, which could increase the risk of a crash causing injury and/or damage to property. Correction: Dealers will inspect the condition of the driver's seat lifter link. If no cracks are detected, a reinforcement bracket will be added to the lifter links, and the number of push nuts will be increased to two per seat lifter link. If any cracks are detected, dealers will replace the entire seat adjuster unit with a modified part.

    Mazda 2 - 2011
    Mazda 3 2010 - 2011


    2010 Sport 2.0L 5MT

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    hamilton
    Age
    22
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_baje View Post
    Just read an article stating that Mazda will begin a recall in March for gen 2 Mazda 3 and Mazda 2 because the seat lifter brackets can crack and the break during operation causing the back of the seat to fall flat. The article says the US but I assume Canada will be included also. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up if your seat is making a strange noise while adjusting, the brackets could already be broken.

    http://www.motor1.com/news/136089/ma...3-seat-recall/


    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    which seat are you referring to? drivers or passenger seat?
    IG: @justmazduh

  4. #4
    Newbie Teh_baje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Quote Originally Posted by dan_mz3 View Post
    which seat are you referring to? drivers or passenger seat?
    Driver's seat, but only with seats with manual lifters (the little plastic handle). Cars with power seats are unaffected.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Jr Member Flunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    34
    Ride
    2016 Camaro 2LT V6
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Oh super, another one. Although I doubt mine is very worn. I just set it to the lowest setting when I bought the car and never adjusted it.
    2016 Camaro 2LT V6
    2010 Mazda 3 Sport GX => Sold

  6. #6
    Jr Member Captain Mazda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    28
    Ride
    Giant Defy 2
    Posts
    746
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 262 Times in 164 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Yeah same here, although I'm kinda pissed at Budds' for not mentioning anything considering I just did my 5-yr service there last week. Gonna fire off an email to their techs.

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Newmarket
    Age
    22
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    No way, how would I be able to check if my car is affected by this recall? (I am new, sorry)

  8. #8
    Newbie Teh_baje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek195 View Post
    No way, how would I be able to check if my car is affected by this recall? (I am new, sorry)
    https://www.mazda.ca/en/owners/recalls/ put in your Vin and any recalls will come up for your vehicle but since the recall is new it may not be in the system yet. Plus you will get a letter from transport canada.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Jr Member genericmoniker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    440
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Just when I was getting older and starting to like the rocking chair in my 2....
    -2011 Mazda 2 GS
    -1988 Mazda RX7 Turbo 2

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Newmarket
    Age
    22
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_baje View Post
    https://www.mazda.ca/en/owners/recalls/ put in your Vin and any recalls will come up for your vehicle but since the recall is new it may not be in the system yet. Plus you will get a letter from transport canada.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the information, I put my VIN in the website you linked me. It said I have no recalls yet (like you said probably cause it's new).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Newbie Teh_baje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek195 View Post
    Thank you for the information, I put my VIN in the website you linked me. It said I have no recalls yet (like you said probably cause it's new).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Np, same thing happened to me when the recall for the rear hatch lifters. I got a letter​ from transport canada about a month later informing me of the recall. I tried the site again and then the info came up.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh_baje For This Useful Post:

    Derek195 (03-20-2017)

  13. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Newmarket
    Age
    22
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_baje View Post
    Np, same thing happened to me when the recall for the rear hatch lifters. I got a letter​ from transport canada about a month later informing me of the recall. I tried the site again and then the info came up.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    No way, I haven't even gotten a letter about that either....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #13
    Newbie Teh_baje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek195 View Post
    No way, I haven't even gotten a letter about that either....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It will come, actually you will get 2. The 1st one informing you of the recall and a 2nd telling you that your car is ready to be repaired and to make an appointment at a dealership.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh_baje For This Useful Post:

    Derek195 (03-20-2017)

  16. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Newmarket
    Age
    22
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_baje View Post
    It will come, actually you will get 2. The 1st one informing you of the recall and a 2nd telling you that your car is ready to be repaired and to make an appointment at a dealership.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Oh I hope these letters do come... thank you for all your help @Teh_baje!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #15
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    East GTA
    Posts
    434
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Called in to make an appointment to get this done :

    Maple Mazda (near work) - told me that they would need the car for 2-3 days and that I would not get a courtesy car. I'd have to pay for a rental

    Ajax Mazda (near home) - told me that they would need the car for 3 hours to do the repair. If they needed to order parts then may need the car a few days in which case they would provide me with a rental

    Guess where I'm going ?

  18. #16
    Moderator natspriceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Maple, ON
    Age
    33
    Ride
    Vixxxen
    Posts
    869
    Thanks
    800
    Thanked 390 Times in 209 Posts
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mazdaagain View Post
    Called in to make an appointment to get this done :

    Maple Mazda (near work) - told me that they would need the car for 2-3 days and that I would not get a courtesy car. I'd have to pay for a rental

    Ajax Mazda (near home) - told me that they would need the car for 3 hours to do the repair. If they needed to order parts then may need the car a few days in which case they would provide me with a rental

    Guess where I'm going ?
    Something odd is going on at Maple Mazda that I am going to look into. I had a strange encounter when I was there last week dealing with someone who I don't usually deal with.

    I will say this though - Mazda of Brampton actually told a friend of mine the same thing as Maple told you. I hate lumping those 2 dealerships together but the behaviour is currently the same on this issue and I'm curious why.
    My Parents bought me more Hot Wheels than Barbies when I was little...

  19. #17
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    847
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 205 Times in 117 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Let me try and help out here.

    All cars will have to be inspected.

    There are 2 different types of seat base.

    If no crack is found they will install a reinforcement kit.

    There are only parts for the one seat type right now. (In July there will be parts for the other type) Any dealer with a brain will have the brackets in stock to fix the type 1 seat.

    If your car needs a seat base the dealer has to submit a claim to Mazda head office to authorize a new seat base.

    As far as I know there are no seat base available.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Johns 08 3 GT For This Useful Post:

    S.F.W. (06-09-2017)

  21. #18
    Noob
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Quick update for anyone with the power driver's seat.

    We have the same issue with the seat detaching from the rails/mounting points. Somehow Mazda did not recall any of the power seat models. The defective pressure washers and weak welds are on both the power and non power seat. Shame on Mazda for not recalling both.

    In Canada, no Mazdaspeed3 will be covered by this recall. In the US, the MS3 2010-2011 is included in the recall because they had different trim packages available. In Canada, 2010-2011 MS3 only came one way, fully loaded with tech package (power seat, etc...).

    My 2010 driver's seat broke where it attaches to the seat frame and absolutely is a safety hazard. What would have happened if I got into an accident and my seat let go? Not good.

    Best way to get the power seat added to the recall is to fill out a safety complaint with Transport Canada.

    I'm going to have to pay for this out of pocket and hope that we are able to get our cars added to the recall at a later date.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mazda3blog For This Useful Post:

    Teh_baje (06-13-2017)

  23. #19
    Newbie Teh_baje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda3blog View Post
    Quick update for anyone with the power driver's seat.

    We have the same issue with the seat detaching from the rails/mounting points. Somehow Mazda did not recall any of the power seat models. The defective pressure washers and weak welds are on both the power and non power seat. Shame on Mazda for not recalling both.

    In Canada, no Mazdaspeed3 will be covered by this recall. In the US, the MS3 2010-2011 is included in the recall because they had different trim packages available. In Canada, 2010-2011 MS3 only came one way, fully loaded with tech package (power seat, etc...).

    My 2010 driver's seat broke where it attaches to the seat frame and absolutely is a safety hazard. What would have happened if I got into an accident and my seat let go? Not good.

    Best way to get the power seat added to the recall is to fill out a safety complaint with Transport Canada.

    I'm going to have to pay for this out of pocket and hope that we are able to get our cars added to the recall at a later date.
    Come to think of it my seat has a little movement. It's slight but noticable, I'll be filling out the form too. Thanks for the info.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  24. #20
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    East GTA
    Posts
    434
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Took my car in for the recall. I know that my seat was broken because it would collapse in certain positions. Car was in for 4 hours and they completed both recalls. Seat feels much more secure and firm now.

  25. #21
    Member sarujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    1,244
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 71 Times in 53 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New recall for 2010-11 Mazda 3, MS3 and Mazda 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Johns 08 3 GT View Post
    Let me try and help out here.

    All cars will have to be inspected.

    There are 2 different types of seat base.

    If no crack is found they will install a reinforcement kit.

    There are only parts for the one seat type right now. (In July there will be parts for the other type) Any dealer with a brain will have the brackets in stock to fix the type 1 seat.

    If your car needs a seat base the dealer has to submit a claim to Mazda head office to authorize a new seat base.

    As far as I know there are no seat base available.
    401 Dixie inspected my seat this week and apparently mine is Type 2 (2010 Sport GX) with parts on order so I have to wait and return for another visit.

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 Mazda 3 Recall
    By kdravis in forum Known Issues, Technical Service Bulletins (TSB's), & Recalls
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 08:37 PM
  2. Mazda Recall -- Wandering spiders lead Mazda to recall 50,000 cars
    By GTA Fine Cars Inc. in forum Mazda3 General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 11:39 PM
  3. Mazda Canada Issues RECALL for Mazda 3's/Mazda 5's (2007-2009)
    By TokyoKiller in forum Known Issues, Technical Service Bulletins (TSB's), & Recalls
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 08:41 AM
  4. Mazda RX-8 Recall
    By TheProfessor in forum Other Cars
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 05:31 PM
  5. mazda 3 recall
    By aabase in forum Mazda3 General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-27-2004, 06:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •