Thread: Versatune over AP

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Versatune over AP

Is anyone running versatune?
    I'm in the market for an AP but seeing as Cobb is forcing people to take a course in order to get their new software, it sort of put me off from going that route. Or maybe I'm missing some information regarding that.
    Versatune seems like a good replacement aside from not having displayed info like the V3 has.

Thoughts..? Suggestions..?

I'm not looking to go crazy power. I just wanted to do a few mods and have the car tuned properly for them.
    2005 Mazda 3 hatch

2006 MS6

Ride
    ZX-6R
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Versatune over AP

I've had an AP V3 and I now have VersaTune (3 years now). They are similar, but I think most are more comfortable with Cobb due to them being first to market and the community has created lots of help for it. However, VersaTune is still updating their product and listening to their customers (excellent support), but Cobb is in maintenance mode (no new features). Once I got use to VT, I honestly prefer it over the Cobb AP. However, don't forget that both have a learning curve, so you'll need to spend a bunch of time reading with either. Bottom line, VT and Cobb will both do the same thing and it comes down to personal preference.
    2011 MAZDASPEED3 Hypnotic Tuned - Rob
    CPE HPFP - CPE Catted Downpipe - CPE Catback Exhaust - 3" ETS TMIC - Cobb RMM - AEM Boost Gauge & Vent Pod - CANBus Triple - Corksport BPV - Corksport hood strut - Corksport RSB - Corksport Short Shifter - HTP 3.5" Intake - Damond TMM - Damond Vented CC - Vented Oil Cap - Tokay v2 Seals - GTX3067R - Damond PCV Plate - Built Engine (Manley Rods, 88mm Supertech 4032 Piston) -

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Polish_Eagle For This Useful Post:

pwdunmore (03-21-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Versatune over AP

Quote Originally Posted by Polish_Eagle View Post
    I've had an AP V3 and I now have VersaTune (3 years now). They are similar, but I think most are more comfortable with Cobb due to them being first to market and the community has created lots of help for it. However, VersaTune is still updating their product and listening to their customers (excellent support), but Cobb is in maintenance mode (no new features). Once I got use to VT, I honestly prefer it over the Cobb AP. However, don't forget that both have a learning curve, so you'll need to spend a bunch of time reading with either. Bottom line, VT and Cobb will both do the same thing and it comes down to personal preference.
    What he said.