Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Fuel system flush good idea or bad?

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    hamilton
    Age
    24
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Fuel system flush good idea or bad?

    has anyone tried doing a fuel system flush? I drive a 2011 mazda 3 2.0 . I think I have a water in my gas tank as im noticing sputtering on highways , poor acceleration and lag on rpm .
    IG: @justmazduh

  2. #2
    Sr Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,950
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 321 Times in 229 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fuel system flush good idea or bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by dan_mz3 View Post
    has anyone tried doing a fuel system flush? I drive a 2011 mazda 3 2.0 . I think I have a water in my gas tank as im noticing sputtering on highways , poor acceleration and lag on rpm .
    ive done mine. about every 50k or so. then from time to time add some fuel cleaner in and or seafoam into the tank or run a few tanks of 94 though and or by it self or with a cleaner. 155k on the car and shes running beaut.

    also have you done the plugs? could have carbon build up at the throttle body and plate so check that can clean that up with some throttle body cleaner. also could need a rpm reset. ( cant remember how to do it but it resets the position of the throttle body)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmmorden View Post
    Costco = good cheap solution
    Just go to automotive and ask to see their nuts
    It's like a buck a nut

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    hamilton
    Age
    24
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fuel system flush good idea or bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Booter22 View Post
    ive done mine. about every 50k or so. then from time to time add some fuel cleaner in and or seafoam into the tank or run a few tanks of 94 though and or by it self or with a cleaner. 155k on the car and shes running beaut.

    also have you done the plugs? could have carbon build up at the throttle body and plate so check that can clean that up with some throttle body cleaner. also could need a rpm reset. ( cant remember how to do it but it resets the position of the throttle body)
    How much did u have to pay for a flush? Do dealer just use a additive or they really perform it by using an actual machine?

  4. #4
    Sr Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,950
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 321 Times in 229 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fuel system flush good idea or bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by dan_mz3 View Post
    How much did u have to pay for a flush? Do dealer just use a additive or they really perform it by using an actual machine?
    there is a machine for it. i work at a dealer so paying is not really something we do much of. haha but usually to customers our flush through the throttle body is $110 + hst and we have one coming out for direct injections as well right into the fuel rail

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    hamilton
    Age
    24
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fuel system flush good idea or bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Booter22 View Post
    there is a machine for it. i work at a dealer so paying is not really something we do much of. haha but usually to customers our flush through the throttle body is $110 + hst and we have one coming out for direct injections as well right into the fuel rail
    where do you work at?

  6. #6
    Sr Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,950
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 321 Times in 229 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fuel system flush good idea or bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by dan_mz3 View Post
    where do you work at?
    hyundai in brampton. used to work for budds mazda. if you wanted to go to a mazda dealer closer. call budds. ask for katie. tell her john sent you. ask for the flush they offer. it used to be the same system and product we had here as well

  7. #7
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fuel system flush good idea or bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Booter22 View Post
    hyundai in brampton. used to work for budds mazda. if you wanted to go to a mazda dealer closer. call budds. ask for katie. tell her john sent you. ask for the flush they offer. it used to be the same system and product we had here as well
    There is nothing better that cleaning your fuel system or engine than a hot fluid flush....almost like new

  8. #8
    Sr Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,950
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 321 Times in 229 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fuel system flush good idea or bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by G ~ MINI View Post
    There is nothing better that cleaning your fuel system or engine than a hot fluid flush....almost like new
    dude your all about bringing up old post.. jeeze another 2017 classic!

  9. #9
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fuel system flush good idea or bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Booter22 View Post
    dude your all about bringing up old post.. jeeze another 2017 classic!
    LOLOL

    Im thinking spring ...summer rubber.... and getting the whole car ready to Rev it up !!
    Winter is the best time ... ..add additives, Flush & repeat...and pound out that shit out thats stuck in there...

  10. #10
    Sr Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,950
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 321 Times in 229 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fuel system flush good idea or bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by G ~ MINI View Post
    LOLOL

    Im thinking spring ...summer rubber.... and getting the whole car ready to Rev it up !!
    Winter is the best time ... ..add additives, Flush & repeat...and pound out that shit out thats stuck in there...
    shouldnt wait until spring get it a good rev once a week if you can. my car usually hits red line if not more then once a week for sure tuesday on my drive home, and still going strong at almost 200k

  11. #11
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fuel system flush good idea or bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Booter22 View Post
    shouldnt wait until spring get it a good rev once a week if you can. my car usually hits red line if not more then once a week for sure tuesday on my drive home, and still going strong at almost 200k
    I shall try to rev it to the red line a weekly crusade

    Before my next oil change ...
    Doing a SeaFoam motor treatment (got 2 cans)
    This stuff is supposed to work in the fuel tank to help clean injectors, intake valves chambers, lube upper cylinders.
    In the crankcase oil to liquefy harmful residues & deposits...and push the gunk through the exhaust.
    After all that is done ,,,
    Swapping out old Catalytic Converters for new high flow cats and Camshafts to stage 1.5 .
    Looking forward to the warmer weather and some new rubber...
    https://www.hankooktire.com/global/t...-rs4-z232.html
    Last edited by G ~ MINI; 02-07-2019 at 04:33 PM.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to G ~ MINI For This Useful Post:

    Booter22 (02-08-2019)

  13. #12
    Uncle Ben
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,010
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 96 Times in 83 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fuel system flush good idea or bad?

    I wouldn’t waste my time with sea foam. 4 important things to keep cars running top notch, drive your car long distances(avoid start stop scenarios and short trips) Give your car a regular beating (redline/high RPM’s) use good quality gas(not saying 91/94 if it doesn’t call for it, may actually get decreased mileage because it cannot burn the fuel properly) and I think the most important is stick to a good maintenance schedule. (If the manufacturer recommends 1 year or 12k interval... do it at 5 or 6k km or 3-4 months. ESPECIALLY if it’s a short trip car) That’s all you need. Have done this in all my cars. I also don’t believe in “taking it easy” on break in period. I just sold my speed (owned it since day 1) with about 160k km on it to a friend and forum member. He’s happy with it. Take pride in your car and it will last
    1991 Nissan Pathfinder - trade in, 2005 Mazda 3 GX ty grey - Write off, 2010 Mazda 3 GT E sedan CWP- trade in, 2010 Speed 3 w/tech CWP - Up for sale (soon), 2007 Mazda 3 GS silver- motor swapped in to 2009 MS3 CWP that had blown engine, 2002 BMW 330ci silver- new winter ride, 2005 BMW M3- new toy

  14. #13
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fuel system flush good idea or bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by McGuyver_3 View Post
    I wouldn’t waste my time with sea foam. 4 important things to keep cars running top notch, drive your car long distances(avoid start stop scenarios and short trips) Give your car a regular beating (redline/high RPM’s) use good quality gas(not saying 91/94 if it doesn’t call for it, may actually get decreased mileage because it cannot burn the fuel properly) and I think the most important is stick to a good maintenance schedule. (If the manufacturer recommends 1 year or 12k interval... do it at 5 or 6k km or 3-4 months. ESPECIALLY if it’s a short trip car) That’s all you need. Have done this in all my cars. I also don’t believe in “taking it easy” on break in period. I just sold my speed (owned it since day 1) with about 160k km on it to a friend and forum member. He’s happy with it. Take pride in your car and it will last

    Totally agree on all that.
    I have been following all manufacturers recommends and on a shorter interval usually before it needs it
    because i have been doing alot miles ...all long trips. In the end..i noticed a difference when on a Lucas fuel additive
    and i was not on it. And when i was ethanol 10% and when no ethanol (91 gas).

Similar Threads

  1. TERRA CLEAN FUEL INJECTOR FLUSH
    By 416GXM3 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2016, 11:51 PM
  2. An engine flush good or bad?
    By kimy27 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 10:42 PM
  3. Why cheap DIY HID isn't always a good idea...
    By gotak in forum Lighting, Electrical & Security
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-17-2013, 01:09 PM
  4. Fuel Injector Flush
    By hen in forum Mazda3 General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 11:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •