Thread: Fuel system flush good idea or bad?

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fuel system flush good idea or bad?

has anyone tried doing a fuel system flush? I drive a 2011 mazda 3 2.0 . I think I have a water in my gas tank as im noticing sputtering on highways , poor acceleration and lag on rpm .
    IG: @justmazduh

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fuel system flush good idea or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_mz3 View Post
    has anyone tried doing a fuel system flush? I drive a 2011 mazda 3 2.0 . I think I have a water in my gas tank as im noticing sputtering on highways , poor acceleration and lag on rpm .
    ive done mine. about every 50k or so. then from time to time add some fuel cleaner in and or seafoam into the tank or run a few tanks of 94 though and or by it self or with a cleaner. 155k on the car and shes running beaut.

also have you done the plugs? could have carbon build up at the throttle body and plate so check that can clean that up with some throttle body cleaner. also could need a rpm reset. ( cant remember how to do it but it resets the position of the throttle body)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmmorden View Post
    Costco = good cheap solution
    Just go to automotive and ask to see their nuts
    It's like a buck a nut

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Booter22 View Post
    ive done mine. about every 50k or so. then from time to time add some fuel cleaner in and or seafoam into the tank or run a few tanks of 94 though and or by it self or with a cleaner. 155k on the car and shes running beaut.

also have you done the plugs? could have carbon build up at the throttle body and plate so check that can clean that up with some throttle body cleaner. also could need a rpm reset. ( cant remember how to do it but it resets the position of the throttle body)
    How much did u have to pay for a flush? Do dealer just use a additive or they really perform it by using an actual machine?

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much did u have to pay for a flush? Do dealer just use a additive or they really perform it by using an actual machine?
    there is a machine for it. i work at a dealer so paying is not really something we do much of. haha but usually to customers our flush through the throttle body is $110 + hst and we have one coming out for direct injections as well right into the fuel rail

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Booter22 View Post
    there is a machine for it. i work at a dealer so paying is not really something we do much of. haha but usually to customers our flush through the throttle body is $110 + hst and we have one coming out for direct injections as well right into the fuel rail
    where do you work at?

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where do you work at?
    hyundai in brampton. used to work for budds mazda. if you wanted to go to a mazda dealer closer. call budds. ask for katie. tell her john sent you. ask for the flush they offer. it used to be the same system and product we had here as well

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn’t waste my time with sea foam. 4 important things to keep cars running top notch, drive your car long distances(avoid start stop scenarios and short trips) Give your car a regular beating (redline/high RPM’s) use good quality gas(not saying 91/94 if it doesn’t call for it, may actually get decreased mileage because it cannot burn the fuel properly) and I think the most important is stick to a good maintenance schedule. (If the manufacturer recommends 1 year or 12k interval... do it at 5 or 6k km or 3-4 months. ESPECIALLY if it’s a short trip car) That’s all you need. Have done this in all my cars. I also don’t believe in “taking it easy” on break in period. I just sold my speed (owned it since day 1) with about 160k km on it to a friend and forum member. He’s happy with it. Take pride in your car and it will last
    1991 Nissan Pathfinder - trade in, 2005 Mazda 3 GX ty grey - Write off, 2010 Mazda 3 GT E sedan CWP- trade in, 2010 Speed 3 w/tech CWP - Up for sale (soon), 2007 Mazda 3 GS silver- motor swapped in to 2009 MS3 CWP that had blown engine, 2002 BMW 330ci silver- new winter ride, 2005 BMW M3- new toy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McGuyver_3 View Post
    I wouldn’t waste my time with sea foam. 4 important things to keep cars running top notch, drive your car long distances(avoid start stop scenarios and short trips) Give your car a regular beating (redline/high RPM’s) use good quality gas(not saying 91/94 if it doesn’t call for it, may actually get decreased mileage because it cannot burn the fuel properly) and I think the most important is stick to a good maintenance schedule. (If the manufacturer recommends 1 year or 12k interval... do it at 5 or 6k km or 3-4 months. ESPECIALLY if it’s a short trip car) That’s all you need. Have done this in all my cars. I also don’t believe in “taking it easy” on break in period. I just sold my speed (owned it since day 1) with about 160k km on it to a friend and forum member. He’s happy with it. Take pride in your car and it will last

Totally agree on all that.
    I have been following all manufacturers recommends and on a shorter interval usually before it needs it
    because i have been doing alot miles ...all long trips. In the end..i noticed a difference when on a Lucas fuel additive
    and i was not on it. And when i was ethanol 10% and when no ethanol (91 gas).