Thread: Weird Transmission Issue ??

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Weird Transmission Issue ??

Just purchased a 2010 Mazda 3 2.5 L? The ATX fluid looked overfilled BUT nice and red !! The previous owner had the transmission flushed at Gyro Mazda 3500Kms ago !! Weird right ? You would think the dealership would put in the proper amount ??? OK .... I have to take some tranny fluid out SO I decided to empty the contents of the pan and put back 3 liters of Mazda V ATF....I did this with my 2010 M6 and it was at the perfect ATF fluid level !! I drained what was in there, added 3 liters AND it still looks overfilled !! The fluid actually looks the same level when COLD as when it's warmed up !! WHAT's going on ?? It shifts great through all gears, NO slipping, No CEL's...Works like a new tranny !! l even tried using the TipTronic through all the gears and it operates fine !! Any input ?? Clogged Trans Filter maybe from the flush ?? I'm stumped !! I'm thinking of dropping the Pan next ??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Weird Transmission Issue ??

Did you remove the pan or just remove the drain plug? If you just removed the plug, then 3L would have come out as that's how much comes out based on the service manual, meaning that you filled it back up with the same amount that just came out lmao

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milan96 View Post
    Did you remove the pan or just remove the drain plug? If you just removed the plug, then 3L would have come out as that's how much comes out based on the service manual, meaning that you filled it back up with the same amount that just came out lmao
    LMAO ?? What's so funny ?? I just removed the drain plug and replaced with 3 Liters of ATF fluid like I did in my 2010 M6 2.5 L 5 speed-Transmission ? My M6 tranny is at a perfect level now ! I actually added another 400ml to my M6 Tranny after the 3 liters replacement to top it off !! In this 2010 M3, how much fluid came out and how much it was over-filled by previous service person, I don't know? I just discarded the oil I removed without measurement !! All I know is the ATF fluid shows WAY over the 65* mark when it is Cold and the ATF level looks the same after I warm up the vehicle to operating temperature ! I'm thinking something got clogged when Gyro did this Tranny Flush ?? Is that possible ? Am I missing something here ? You would think if there were problems, it would be slipping OR audibly making a strange noise and/or giving me some indication of abnormality through CEL's BUT It's not ! Everything is shifting normal like a new tranny! I'm stumped !!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda Lew View Post
    LMAO ?? What's so funny ?? I just removed the drain plug and replaced with 3 Liters of ATF fluid like I did in my 2010 M6 2.5 L 5 speed-Transmission ? My M6 tranny is at a perfect level now ! I actually added another 400ml to my M6 Tranny after the 3 liters replacement to top it off !! In this 2010 M3, how much fluid came out and how much it was over-filled by previous service person, I don't know? I just discarded the oil I removed without measurement !! All I know is the ATF fluid shows WAY over the 65* mark when it is Cold and the ATF level looks the same after I warm up the vehicle to operating temperature ! I'm thinking something got clogged when Gyro did this Tranny Flush ?? Is that possible ? Am I missing something here ? You would think if there were problems, it would be slipping OR audibly making a strange noise and/or giving me some indication of abnormality through CEL's BUT It's not ! Everything is shifting normal like a new tranny! I'm stumped !!
    My point was that if the transmission was overfilled and you proceeded to drain and refill it with the same amount that came out, it will still be overfilled. Between the minimum and Max line on the fluid dipstick is about half a quart or so, so if I were you I would drain it again and fill it with less than 3L, check the level again and adjust until correct. Also, make sure you check the fluid on completely Level ground

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Milan96 For This Useful Post:

shift8 (04-15-2017)

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's fine, then just leave it. If you drained and put 3L back in, then you've done all you can do. A clogged filter wouldn't necessarily give you any difference in reading (if it were clogged to that point then the tranny would be scrap by now due to inadequate fluid pressure). Just drive!