Thread: Curbed my 3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Curbed my 3

Long time viewer first time caller, sucks that my first post has to be about this.

I pulled into a parking spot too close and rubbed the most outer tips of my bumper against the curb and now it has a bunch of these rock dents from the concrete.
    Luckily It could've been worse but can't stop thinking about the damage. Any tips on what to do?

Photos of the damage (Camera sucks) - http://imgur.com/jQUjahy http://imgur.com/8Cd9Tc3

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Curbed my 3

sucks. nothing you really can do unless you take it to a body shop. but at a point so low in the car. dont bother spending the money. unless the car is brand brand new then maybe. but still. cant buff them out. think it would look like shit if you use touch up. im sure the body shop would want to fill it and paint the whole bumper. so your looking 500- 1000 or so. yea just leave it. or find an aftermarket lip to put on that might cover it for $150
    Last edited by Booter22; 05-08-2017 at 07:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmmorden View Post
    Costco = good cheap solution
    Just go to automotive and ask to see their nuts
    It's like a buck a nut

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The front of the car is deceptively low, especially against taller than normal curbs. I did it in my Gen 2 as well on a curb that I didn't realize stuck out in the middle of the spot to go around a column.

I felt the pain like you, but as posted above it's in a barely visible location and won't rust on the plastic bumper. I would sit on it for a few weeks and you'll likely get over it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by studum View Post
    The front of the car is deceptively low, especially against taller than normal curbs. I did it in my Gen 2 as well on a curb that I didn't realize stuck out in the middle of the spot to go around a column.

I felt the pain like you, but as posted above it's in a barely visible location and won't rust on the plastic bumper. I would sit on it for a few weeks and you'll likely get over it.
    Did it affect your resale value? It is a low km car (79k - 2011) Should I not bother looking for a replacement at wreckers?
    I've gotten over it but it is visible when you are just looking down at it as it somehow hit the top on the right side.

Also its begun to rust/paint bubble near the lip of the passenger door, anything I can do to slow/stop it?

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It did not affect my resale value - getting demolished by a GMC 2500 killed my resale value lol.

Personally, I'd leave it - but it's your car and your call. You can always get it repaired later before resale if you're worried about it at that time but that is really not a huge amount of damage. And like I said rust will not be an issue here. If it were on a panel or something I'd say get it fixed and sealed back up to prevent rust.

This strikes me as the type of damage that only really you will notice. 9/10 people won't see it when looking at the car. Any diminished value, if any, won't be any more than getting it fixed.

Ride
    Vixxxen
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this your first car or is the car new to you? I know how crappy it feels when you just get something and not long after it gets damaged. Try not to be too hard on yourself for the snafu, we all have those moments.

Personally I'd leave it. It's an area that can get damaged from just regular everyday driving so dishing out the money to fix it now may end up being a waste of money.
    My Parents bought me more Hot Wheels than Barbies when I was little...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could put an aftermarket lip on it............
    2008 Carbon Gray GT Sedan 5 Speed

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not trying to be a hater but it's a Mazda 3, everyone is going to have some paint blemishes, it doesn't look that bad in the photos. I doubt it will affect the re sale value.

P.S the first paint scratch is always the hardest to get over 😀

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by natspriceless View Post
    Is this your first car or is the car new to you? I know how crappy it feels when you just get something and not long after it gets damaged. Try not to be too hard on yourself for the snafu, we all have those moments.

Personally I'd leave it. It's an area that can get damaged from just regular everyday driving so dishing out the money to fix it now may end up being a waste of money.
    Haha it's actually someone elses, they are just out of the country for a long period of time so I've been using it in rotation.