Thread: question for my fellow speed owners in tri city area!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default question for my fellow speed owners in tri city area!

just straight forward and to the point

I purchased my car from forbes mazda few months ago and although it's fairly still stock for the most part, (intake, inlet, hpfp,accessport) Im just wondering with the dealerships we have (forbes and kieswetter) if they are mod friendly, I plan to take it it for its first oil change and don't want any issues with my ext warranty! I always see speed3s out front waiting for service that look modded at forbes, just trying to get some advice from here first!

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: question for my fellow speed owners in tri city area!

2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 643 Posts
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I serviced my what became a fully bolted MS3 at Forbes from the time I bought it there until my warranty was up...never once had a single problem with any mods causing issues with getting warranty service. Jeff who runs the service department is quite chill and cool about it all. Of course, if you tune your car, they're not going to cover engine issues or if you lower suspension they're not going to cover things like struts or sway bars but that's true of any dealership.
    @DLYDRVN services at Kieswetter and I think he's said they've always treated him well but I've always preferred Forbes.

- 2021 Porsche Macan GTS -
    - 2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport -
    - 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Black Mica - SOLD -

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response! I want to take the car in and get the transmission inspected, still not fond of all the whirring noises it makes.

Ride
    13 Tig 12MS3 88CRXSi
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trance|ghost View Post
    just straight forward and to the point

I purchased my car from forbes mazda few months ago and although it's fairly still stock for the most part, (intake, inlet, hpfp,accessport) Im just wondering with the dealerships we have (forbes and kieswetter) if they are mod friendly, I plan to take it it for its first oil change and don't want any issues with my ext warranty! I always see speed3s out front waiting for service that look modded at forbes, just trying to get some advice from here first!

thanks
    I took the MS3 in with a P0172 and they didn't even blink an eye!!!
    Last edited by Bully Dog Racing; 05-19-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trance|ghost View Post
    Thanks for the response! I want to take the car in and get the transmission inspected, still not fond of all the whirring noises it makes.

if you have an engine mount upgrade, the noises from the transmission will resonate through out the car replicating these "whirring" noises. When you press the clutch, it should quiet down. Happens on my car all the time
    1991 Nissan Pathfinder - trade in, 2005 Mazda 3 GX ty grey - Write off, 2010 Mazda 3 GT E sedan CWP- trade in, 2010 Speed 3 w/tech CWP - Up for sale (soon), 2007 Mazda 3 GS silver- motor swapped in to 2009 MS3 CWP that had blown engine, 2002 BMW 330ci silver- new winter ride, 2005 BMW M3- new toy

Ride
    Speed or S/O's 3 2.Slow
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McGuyver_3 View Post
    if you have an engine mount upgrade, the noises from the transmission will resonate through out the car replicating these "whirring" noises. When you press the clutch, it should quiet down. Happens on my car all the time
    Same here. I never thought that my timing chain would be so noisy after I put the mount on the passenger side, but HOLY was it loud. Haha.

-Reddie

Current: 2012 Mazdaspeed3 Tech CWP
    Mods to Date:
    Custom Halo headlights, DRL delete, Kenwood DNX890HD, Kenwood KFC-3009 x2(12"), Kenwood 1800Watt Amp, LED interior lights, LED switchbacks, LED fogs.
    Previous:2012 Mazda 3 Sky-GS in CWP, 2012 16W Mazda 3 GT Hatch SOLD, 2010 CWP Mazda 3 GT Hatchback SOLD, 2009 Metropolitan Grey Mazda 3 GT Hatch SOLD, 2007 Carbon Grey Mica Mazda 3 GS Hatch SOLD

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to believe this and yes I do have the inserts for the rmm... but my transmission is def making not normal sounds... spent way to many hours on youtube watching other owners and speed3s with zero noises similar to mine present.

Im just hoping the transmission takes a crap before the warranty expires, I know the dealership won't do anything with it as its not physically broken, just makes a bunch of whirring/humming/groaning noises at certain rpms etc.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its also not the typical first gear whine, I know they all do that....

Ride
    2009 Speed3, Yoz. Mazda2
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As far as dealerships go, Forbes seems to be pretty good about things. I don't personally have an issue with Keiswetter, however I have a very long (and expensive) relationship with that dealership and the service department, so they might look the other way with me more than others. They're not unfair in their dealings tho so I wouldn't have hesitations recommending them.
    Performance COBB AP v3 (345whp/360wtq) - CS Puppy Power Turbo - HTP 3" Widepath - Turbosmart BPV - CS TMIC - Cobb 3-Port - Teflon TIG - CS Catch Can - Autotech Internals - UR 3" Turboback Exhaust - ACT 6-Puck Ceramic Clutch Kit - Filled TMM - CPe RMM - JBR Short shifter - CS Short Shift Plate - Shifter Bushings - CS Front Big Brake Callipers - StopTech Sport 309 Pads - CS FSB - CS RSB - Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers - CS Mid-Brace - Defi Gauges - CS Steering Wheel - FAST Underground 18x8 - BFG gForce Sport comp2 235/45r18
    Sound & Appearance Kenwood eXcelon DNX893s - JL C3-570 - JL 10W6v2 sub - JL XD400/4 - JL XD600/1 - Kinetik 600 Power Cell - 2AWG Big 3 - Redline Boots - CS LED Fogs - CS Lic. Plate Kit

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the response, over the past few weeks I've been spotting a few mazdaspeed 3s in the forbes parking lot!

who ownes the crazy blue one with the huge fender flares? also there was cwp genpu that was sitting there for a few days as well...