Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry 2013 Mazda 3 Nav Stereo

Hello,

I have a 2013 GS-SKY, and I want to replace the stock CD player with the touch screen / nav unit that came with the GT and Mazdaspeed 3. My stock stereo has 3 ports, one for power/etc, one for other speakers/accessories, and the antenna port.

The nav unit I bought it from a Mazdaspeed 3, same year. It has the same power port, but the accessory port is longer and thinner. The antenna is the same.

When I installed it, I only get radio and CD, and sound from the front left and right speakers. The nav, bluetooth, and USB, plus steering controls all don't work at all.

Does anyone have a sense of whether or not this is a lost cause?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2013 Mazda 3 Nav Stereo

I should say that since the connector was not the same, I wasn't able to plug it into the new unit. But it's odd to me that the nav button and bluetooth etc, doesn't work at all.

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2013 Mazda 3 Nav Stereo

The head unit is a stand alone. The second connector you seek is different. The 13 was a 1 year production run with a touch screen nav. The BT unit itself is completely different as it also encorporates the USB controls. The nav runs off of a separate control unit as well. You need a particular card reader and the maps on ad card. This reader is installed in the Center console. You need a dash harness to mate all the connectors together. How do I know all this? I pieced one together and installed one. It's damn expensive (even with buying parts from a wrecker) and finding parts for it was super hard. Not a lot of cars came equipped with it. The dash harness is also not easy to find as not a lot of wreckers dismantle cars to this degree.
    Oh and the steering controls a wire needs to be re routed

P.S. I suggest you use a search function. This has been discussed before

And for the audio output, you should have it on all 4 speakers. That did not change pin configuration in the main connector. The car I put it in had the oem bose. Which the 13 nav system came with. I doubt that has anything to do with it. You may have a bad head unit or a problem with your speakers.
    Last edited by McGuyver_3; 05-12-2017 at 09:32 PM.
    1991 Nissan Pathfinder - trade in, 2005 Mazda 3 GX ty grey - Write off, 2010 Mazda 3 GT E sedan CWP- trade in, 2010 Speed 3 w/tech CWP - Up for sale (soon), 2007 Mazda 3 GS silver- motor swapped in to 2009 MS3 CWP that had blown engine, 2002 BMW 330ci silver- new winter ride, 2005 BMW M3- new toy