Thread: Does the nut and bolt on the positive battery terminal have a washer?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does the nut and bolt on the positive battery terminal have a washer?

I recently replaced my battery in my 2009 Mazda 3 and am not sure whether there was a washer that goes with nut and bolt that tighten the positive clamp. The positive clamp came out while I was driving today. Fortunately, I was not on the highway. When I installed the battery, the top of the clamp and the top of the positive terminal came to the same level, leaving a gap between the bottom of the clamp and bottom of the terminal. Should I loosen up the clamp and push it until it hit the bottom of the terminal? I cannot remember how it was before. Appreciate if you can check your Mazda 3 and let me know whether there is a washer that goes with the nut and bolt that tighten the positive clamp and whether top of the positive terminal and top of the positive clamp are on the same horizontal level.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Does the nut and bolt on the positive battery terminal have a washer?

Shouldn't matter how far up or down(horizontal) on the positive post as long as it makes contact and is tightened so that it does not move or come loose.

I don't recall there being a washer on the clamp.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Does the nut and bolt on the positive battery terminal have a washer?

I checked my 2006 and there is indeed a square washer that goes with the nut on the positive clamp. My terminals are placed all the way down, but then again, batteries may differ?