Thread: Markham Mazda

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Markham Mazda

So I went in for my 16,000KM service today. After spending much time deciding which dealership I was going to try out, I decided to go to Markham Mazda. And to be quiet frank, the service there was absolutely brutal! I mean I made an appointment and all so that I would be in and out. They had me waiting an hour and thirty minutes until my car was finished.

When it was ready, my car was dirty, oil marks all over the hood of my car, on the door handles and even on my engine protector. Nothing was whipped clean nor did I receive a car wash coupon or anything of that nature! Compared to Morningside Mazda for my 8,000KM Service, it was done in 40 minutes without appointment, the car was cleaned, washed, waxed and detailed.

A huge problem that I had with my Mazda 3 thus far, the problem was neither fixed nor attempted to be fixed nor even looked at. When my car was ready, I had asked the person handling the customers, what was checked with my car. He just simply handed the order sheet to me without explaining what the mechanic (Ken) did to it or what he looked at. So first thing I asked him, did the mechanic check my brakes, because they always made squeaking noises as I braking. He said he yes, no noise at all found, and I also asked him if the mechanic knew why my braking pedal made a rustling noise when I applied pressure on the pedal. He said he didn’t find any noise. So at this point I knew I was already getting jerked around. Instead of asking him and getting jerked around I asked if he could bring out the mechanic and I would ask him a few questions. The mechanic came out and I lead him outside towards my car so I could show him what the matter was.

I took him for a ride around the block, on HWY 7 to McCowen onto Bullock and back to Markham Mazda, the brakes didn\'t squeak but the brake pedal did. And as we were driving along, every time it sounded I pointed it out. He said, \"Oh I didn’t notice it.\" And I\'m like you obviously didn\'t test drive it. As we got back to the dealership, his remedy towards the problem was to look at the pedal itself like a touch and feel it thing.

He said he didn\'t know what the problem was and didn\'t know how to fix it, and at this point I’m about to lose it. So he goes over to another Mazda 3 on the lot, and tries to push the brake pedal, and tired telling me it’s the same thing, that the noise is standard. And I\'m like, \"I didn\'t hear it.\" \"I\'ll do it again for you,\" he says. \"Oh it doesn\'t do it anymore.\" At this point, I called him out, and told him you’re a liar and I would like to speak to your manager. So I walk back into the dealership, ask the customer service guy at Service for his manager. Unfortunately the manager was away and only works Monday to Friday 9-5. So I obtained his business card and will follow up with this matter on Monday morning. I also left the Manager a note noting my concerns about the shit service I received and how unprofessional the staff at Markham Mazda was. I also left him my business card relating to the law firm where I worked at and for him to call me first thing Monday Morning. I will defiantly keep everyone that reads this post posted as to what happens next and how they will fix my breaks from squeaking and my break pedal. And too add to this situation I paid 95 dollars for my 16,000KM which was in its mind ludicrous!

Over all rating Markham Mazda thus far, 0 out of 10 stars. I would recommend no one go there. Instead I would recommend going to Morningside Mazda for your service check ups no doubt! Next Service for 24,000KM will be checking out Avante Mazda on Yonge and Major MacKenzie but I don\'t know after this experience today, I may just stick to the bread and butter at Morningside Mazda.
    Claudio P. Moreira, LIC # M09000119
    The Mortgage Centre
    416.276.6882 cell
    905.652.0148 fax

moreira.c@mortgagecentre.com
    http://www.AskClaudio.com

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'Markham Mazda\'

make sure when u write to him.. u write brake not break or you\'ll look st00pid..

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this dealership is shady from the top down. reading what happened to wtom, i wouldn\'t be surprised with their \"quality\" service.

keep us posted gino. dealerships like this need to be brought down

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gino, why oh why did you go there out of all dealerships?!?!?!

Searched for \"Markham Mazda\";
    http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/search.php?perpage=20&sortby=dateline&sort =DESC&q=%22markham+mazda%22&qauthor=&f orums%5B%5D=all&match=all&matchmessage=1&a mp;action=display

Quite a few extremely negative comments regarding their non-sales related service. Sure they were all nice and extremely patient during the selling process... after that, it was a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde comparison.

I took my car into Avante TO this past Friday to hopefully have them fix my fuel pump problem. No go as I returned since they didn\'t have a \"ring lock\" in stock to complete the fuel pump replacement. No probs. So they\'ll call me next week to update me on the status. I walk out to my car and as I get closer, I noticed it was cleaner than what I remember in the morning dropping it off? So they only did a quick clean of the car even though no actual service was performed? Holy crap... Thank You Avante Mazda Toronto!!!!

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are the dealerships suppose to clean your car?? Markham Mazda never cleans the cars after service...i want to know if other dealers actually clean the car for just doing a oil change...
    2010 SWP Subaru Impreza WRX STI (DAILY) Journal
    2002 Sand Mica Mazda Protege ES (SOLD)

TOprotege Events Photographer
    International Allstars Canadian Division Photographer
    EastSide

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know Avante Toronto always asks me if I have time for a wash, which I think is fantastic. Sometimes I\'ve been in a rush and can\'t wait, and other times I can and get the car back clean.

Note: The wash they give is not the best wash in the world (streaks on windows, etc.), but if your car was nasty before, then it\'s an improvement for sure.

Ride
    Subaru BRZ
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I\'ll make sure the chamois they use is a new one.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be great :p

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morningside used to wash my truck when I took it in for service. I don\'t know if they still do it or not. I don\'t trust them enough to go back....

A few members here have had good things to say about them, maybe they have finally gotten in some decent personnel. arc
    Chris- Scarborough/Pickering border

Titanium GS sedan, Auto, Air, Power Package. Now driven by by my aunt, still going strong after 9 1/2 years.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

I\'ll make sure the chamois they use is a new one.
    ...bringing my 3 there on monday...

...I\'ll be checking!

:p

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, me too.....I\'m taking my 6 in tomorrow morning, and this time my car is really, really filthy!

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o shizzle, ima have to take me 3 to markham mazda... hmmm any ideas what i should do... they already booked me in for an appointment :p :hoho arc :zzz
    Audi A3 2.0T - Koni Coilover's

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call them and cancel it, then call Avante and book one there

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by PSIVIC

Call them and cancel it, then call Avante and book one there
    werd...go to Avante...Markham will leave your hood dirty!

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do they leave on the hood neways? brake fluid? i heard that stuff kills ur paint