Thread: Feeling like a new user again!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Feeling like a new user again!

Can't remember the last time I posted here but I had to share. Recently sold my 2007 Mazda 3 GT Sport and bought a 2017 Mazda 3 GT Sport, so I'm feeling like a newb again. My 2007 served me well over the last 10 yrs and now I'm excited to get a few "personalizations" for the new car.

I'm looking for the following, any suggestions?
    - floor liners
    - cargo tray
    - DIY to improve lighting in the trunk

I'm also looking for additional storage in the cabin and the trunk. The additional cubby holes that were in the 2007 are no longer in the 2017 model, even the storage tray in the trunk is gone. Not everything fits or is conveniently accessible in the glove box or the armrest compartment so I'm looking for suggestions to increase storage for things like change/tokens, garage door opener, etc that are hidden from eyesight.

If anyone purchased anything to increase cabin storage, I'd definitely like to know as well.

Ride
    Vixxxen
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Feeling line a new user again!

Quote Originally Posted by BerryPride View Post
    Can't remember the last time I posted here but I had to share. Recently sold my 2007 Mazda 3 GT Sport and bought a 2017 Mazda 3 GT Sport, so I'm feeling like a newb again. My 2007 served me well over the last 10 yrs and now I'm excited to get a few "personalizations" for the new car.

I'm looking for the following, any suggestions?
    - floor liners
    - cargo tray
    - DIY to improve lighting in the trunk

I'm also looking for additional storage in the cabin and the trunk. The additional cubby holes that were in the 2007 are no longer in the 2017 model, even the storage tray in the trunk is gone. Not everything fits or is conveniently accessible in the glove box or the armrest compartment so I'm looking for suggestions to increase storage for things like change/tokens, garage door opener, etc that are hidden from eyesight.

If anyone purchased anything to increase cabin storage, I'd definitely like to know as well.
    Congrats on the new purchase!!

I highly recommend the storage tray for the trunk....part number BJE3-V1-300. I'm not sure if there is a different part number for the '17 but I figured it was a good jumping off point

There is a picture of it in the first post of the following thread http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...ghlight=kontra
    My Parents bought me more Hot Wheels than Barbies when I was little...

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Feeling line a new user again!

Floor liners: OEM or 3D Maxpider are a good compromise between comfortable feel and winter protection. For max protection, if you're in construction or something, you'll be better served with the rigid durability of WeatherTechs.

Cargo tray: OEM has been great for me. Never had one in a car before this one. Instantly got one for the CX-5 too when we got the car because of how happy I've been with it in the 3. I carry around a lot of boxes / computer equipment from time to time and this thing has stopped any sliding around and it's easy to clean.

I've just thrown LED bulbs in the interior. Not sure if it's made trunk light any better but it's whiter... I too feel you here.

Do you have the homelink mirror you can program for garage door? If not I used to keep mine in the armrest tray hidden. Or if you don't use the sunglasses holder in the roof liner you can put it in there. I also keep a change purse in the arm rest tray for easy drive-thru access.

If you keep your owner's manual in your car put it in with the spare for that rare future reference instead of taking up the space in the glove box.