Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mazda of Brampton 2017 Edition

Hello everyone,

So I purchased a used 2014 Mazda 3 GS and well haven't received it yet.
    So the transaction was pretty much done as of July 15th and I was told that the car should be ready by the 20th of July according to the manager.
    The reason why it's taking awhile is because the needs fixing and there's a crack/dents at the front bumper and well as part of the agreement they have to replace the front bumper.
    So I have my car that im trading in and already called insurance about my new car and so and so and so as of Friday the 21st I cannot use my car any longer. Also I work in Niagara Region and traveled back to brampton on thursday and with the needs of a vehicle to drive to work on friday the 21st. However as I was traveling back I was told that the car did not arrive yet because apparently it had to be sent to Collision Center or something like that. Later thursday afternoon I was like w.e. and i was told come back tomorrow blah blah blah... I have a meeting for work the next day so I cannot skip it and so i decided to commute. and commute back to possibly get my car. I was told on my way home that the vehicle isn't ready yet and it should be ready for monday and of course I can't call my Insurance company because they aren't open on Weekends.

As of right now they did offer a car loaner which I could've used for friday to get to my meeting
    but at this point I'm disgruntled and upset, as a customer first time buying a car i feel very belittled.

My question to the forum readers. Should i even bother talking to the manager and perhaps work some sort of compensation or service because as a first time buyer this is absurd.
    If I'm in the wrong I hope someone can shed a light on me as to why.

My take on this is if you set a deadline you have to meet deadlines right? perhaps maybe instead of giving me an exact date they could've given me something like 5-7 business days or something so I can keep my car until it is ready. Now I get it i got a loaner but if they tell me its ready by monday ( as they did) and I go back to them and it isn't there then clearly they dont have any respect for my time and business with me.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda of Brampton 2017 Edition

Welcome to buying a car. Especially a used one which needs fixed...

Unfortunately it's par for the course. I, and many others, have been through worse. Some dealers are excellent, some are not, and sometimes sh*t happens - even at the excellent dealers. They've already offered you a loaner to put you in some wheels which was a solid on their part. I don't think you'll get anything else in lieu of if you've turned that down. You can try, but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't and wouldn't get too worked up over it either. Try and be patient, at this point they want to get the car to you as much as you want to have it.

In future deals you may want to double check and re-confirm if cancelling insurance is an issue. There's no harm in waiting until a day or two before to cancel if the dealer says everything is still on schedule at that point.

The body shop likely got backed up or the sales guy over promised on how quickly it could get in / get done.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by studum View Post
    Welcome to buying a car. Especially a used one which needs fixed...

Unfortunately it's par for the course. I, and many others, have been through worse. Some dealers are excellent, some are not, and sometimes sh*t happens - even at the excellent dealers. They've already offered you a loaner to put you in some wheels which was a solid on their part. I don't think you'll get anything else in lieu of if you've turned that down. You can try, but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't and wouldn't get too worked up over it either. Try and be patient, at this point they want to get the car to you as much as you want to have it.

In future deals you may want to double check and re-confirm if cancelling insurance is an issue. There's no harm in waiting until a day or two before to cancel if the dealer says everything is still on schedule at that point.

The body shop likely got backed up or the sales guy over promised on how quickly it could get in / get done.

See that's the thing everything is on schedule I'm the one travelling back and forth and then I feel that this coming monday (which i was told it'll be done on that day) it's going to happen again... and again.. Frustrating ? yeah most def.
    Cancelling ? its more like transferring i guess. Changing plate no. and talking to my insurance and the manager at mazda so that the transition is quick but doesn't help when the manager and dealer is on vacation ( forget to mention that) as well. honestly It just frustrating that i live in a different city like give me a break and try to be more assertive. Keep in mind they gave the date not me, So of course I'm hoping it is done by that time. One day i get it sure its a set back but now its going to be a friday saturday sunday and who knows perhaps even monday. In all honesty I would probably not be all worked up over this if they said come back in 7-10 business days am i wrong to think this? like don't say a specific time and date and not go through with it. Sometimes people are assertive that it'll be done on the deadline and obviously leads to disappointments and not meeting expectations that to me is a bad impression.

with that said
    Thanks anyways for a honest (non troll) reply, I do appreciate your input on my situation.

Ride
    Vixxxen
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Funkybulletz View Post
    See that's the thing everything is on schedule I'm the one travelling back and forth and then I feel that this coming monday (which i was told it'll be done on that day) it's going to happen again... and again.. Frustrating ? yeah most def.
    Cancelling ? its more like transferring i guess. Changing plate no. and talking to my insurance and the manager at mazda so that the transition is quick but doesn't help when the manager and dealer is on vacation ( forget to mention that) as well. honestly It just frustrating that i live in a different city like give me a break and try to be more assertive. Keep in mind they gave the date not me, So of course I'm hoping it is done by that time. One day i get it sure its a set back but now its going to be a friday saturday sunday and who knows perhaps even monday. In all honesty I would probably not be all worked up over this if they said come back in 7-10 business days am i wrong to think this? like don't say a specific time and date and not go through with it. Sometimes people are assertive that it'll be done on the deadline and obviously leads to disappointments and not meeting expectations that to me is a bad impression.

with that said
    Thanks anyways for a honest (non troll) reply, I do appreciate your input on my situation.
    I'm sorry to hear you are frustrated. May I ask why you chose to deal with Mazda of Brampton?
    My Parents bought me more Hot Wheels than Barbies when I was little...

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by natspriceless View Post
    I'm sorry to hear you are frustrated. May I ask why you chose to deal with Mazda of Brampton?
    because my dad's been with the same dealership and my sister did too, and now I joined the bandwagon

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the headsup, i am fairly close to that dealership

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forgot to say, but their parts department has been helpful to me thou

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have any more feedback on these guys? Looking at a pre-owned car there - hoping they are legit / have quality inventory...
    2018 3 GT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stefanb View Post
    Anyone have any more feedback on these guys? Looking at a pre-owned car there - hoping they are legit / have quality inventory...
    I have dealt with them for all of my service needs. No issues so far.
    I also refer to Sam one of their car salesmen, if my emails and calls do not get returned promptly. He knows I won't be looking at another new Mazda for at least another year or so, but he helps me with the service department when I need it. He is a good guy to deal with. And bluntly honest.

Ride
    Vixxxen
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stefanb View Post
    Go on to their website and confirm the price of the pre-owned before singing anything because unfortunately they can't be trusted to be honest. I have had this happen; they tried to charge $2,000 more than the car was actually listed for and then failed to complete any of the promised repairs prior to delivery