Thread: Any problems with the manual 3rd gen 3 ?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Any problems with the manual 3rd gen 3 ?

As the title says ? I've seen a couple of posts saying that the manual has a couple of problems going into gear and the car being a couple thousand kms new.
    Also which is faster the automatic or manual ?? I love driving manual but I drove my friends auto and the sport mode with the paddles felt great , a little slow on the upshift but the downshifts are crisp

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Any problems with the manual 3rd gen 3 ?

I've had my 2014 gen 3 for 2-3 months now with 100k on it and I can't say that I've had any big issues related to putting it into gear. Once and a while I have to go into second then first because it won't fully go into first but I've had this with any manual car I've driven/owned. Not sure which one is faster but really it's a Mazda 3. Don't get me wrong I love the car but get the one that you enjoy driving and that small difference from manual to auto won't matter.

(spoiler .. get the manual for driving enjoyment).

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point , thanks !

(spoiler .. get the manual for driving enjoyment).[/QUOTE]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not seen these posts you are talking about but from my experience (and the wife telling me) here's what we have. These are her cars but i drove the 2015 more then her when we first got it as she needed to learn to drive standard. (FYI she wont go back to auto now haha)

Had a 2015 GS manual that had issues not going into gear sometimes. we tried to figure out if it was the cold/heat/certain way of stopping/etc.. And nothing was a common thing. it just randomly happened here and there. The dealer was supposed to replace some synchros but we never got around to it and the car was written off due to an accident.

We replaced that one with a 2017 GS and that one currently has less then 2000kms and the same thing happens every once in a while.

From my experience, you go into second and then back to first and you're good (this was the 2015), but my wife says sometimes she couldn't get it into second either. Also, this never happened with my 2004 manual GT in the 10 years i owned it (died at 328000kms).

Also note that this happened when taking off from a red light after putting it in neutral while stopped. never from when taking off from parked

I also vote for the manual as its just more fun and you can control the car a lot more.
    2004 mazda 3 GT Sedan Indigo Blue.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a 2008 Mazda 3 GT (manual) that I drove for 3 years. Put 87000 kms on it before trading it in.

Got myself a 2017 Mazda 3 GT (manual) and I haven't had the noted issues. Once in a while I have to slip the transmission into the second gear and then into first but for 99.99% of the times the car is fun to drive.

Manual is fun. But get what you would like the most to drive as it is your money at the end of the day.