Thread: Diagnosing Wobbling Steering Wheel - Anyone Near Mississauga?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Diagnosing Wobbling Steering Wheel - Anyone Near Mississauga?

This is perhaps a strange sounding request, but I've been a lurker for a while.

I have a 2007 Mazda3 Sport GT (2.3L engine) whose two major problems are steering wobble and interior frost during the winter. For the former, I was wondering if anyone near Square 1 area would be willing to let me "borrow" their 17" or 16" tires for an hour or so. Basically, at highway speeds, my steering wheel shakes even though I've changed rotors/pads and my LCAs. I'd like to eliminate my tires and rims as an issue since it happens with both sets. I'm convinced its my CV halfshafts, but I need a set of two good condition tires to try out. I assure that I will not brake quickly or cause damage to them, but this issue is eating me alive. The car passes all mechanic inspection tests, so both my mechanic and I are at a loss. Two sizes will fit on my car: 205/50R17 or 205/55R16. Any help is greatly appreciated!

For the latter, I think it may be a leak in my HVAC system.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Diagnosing Wobbling Steering Wheel - Anyone Near Mississauga?

Quote Originally Posted by TimeGlass View Post
    This is perhaps a strange sounding request, but I've been a lurker for a while.

I have a 2007 Mazda3 Sport GT (2.3L engine) whose two major problems are steering wobble and interior frost during the winter. For the former, I was wondering if anyone near Square 1 area would be willing to let me "borrow" their 17" or 16" tires for an hour or so. Basically, at highway speeds, my steering wheel shakes even though I've changed rotors/pads and my LCAs. I'd like to eliminate my tires and rims as an issue since it happens with both sets. I'm convinced its my CV halfshafts, but I need a set of two good condition tires to try out. I assure that I will not brake quickly or cause damage to them, but this issue is eating me alive. The car passes all mechanic inspection tests, so both my mechanic and I are at a loss. Two sizes will fit on my car: 205/50R17 or 205/55R16. Any help is greatly appreciated!

For the latter, I think it may be a leak in my HVAC system.
    Did you try getting tires balanced lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup! Current tires were balanced at the beginning of this year, but the problem is still there. It goes away for a bit, then comes back with a vengeance, hence this strange request. Plus, it happens on both sets of my winters and my all seasons, so I'm at a loss.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

were road force balancing of the wheels done? sometimes standard dynamic wheels won't be enough, but that's rare on a car
    the interior frosting, is a known issue... there's a TSB to fix this... it involves dropping the headliner and adding insulation (also works as sound proofing), and also replacing the passenger side cowl panel
    2005 Mazda3 SP23 hatchback (auto)
    2016 Mazda3 Sport GT (auto)