Thread: Where should I go for a hood paint job?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where should I go for a hood paint job?

Hi everyone if any one has read my other post about me ruining hood, guess what a runied it some more. The link to that post is below. I decided to attempt to vinyl wrap the hood, but the clear did not hold up guess it did bond to the paint and every time I tried to reposition the vinyl clear came of with it. I dont blame the vinyl it was really good, it Vivivd and people swear by that stuff, but my diy paint job didnt hold up for vinyl wrap installation. The car now looks far worse and 70% of the clearcoat I applied has peeled off. I looks like one those car where the clear coat is has faded.

Now I think I just going to get the hood repaint, I dont need a really good paint job, I just want it to look kinda decent. It would be great if it lasts like 3-4 year, after that I dont really care. Even 2 year with not problems is good enough for me. Considering the car is worth only about 2k, why waste money on a perfect paint job.

The thing is I dont know where to go, my first guess was macco. I supose they would charge 100-200 dollars to do a one stage paint job but I dont know if that worth it, dont they do $300 paint jobs on the whole car, are they going to even out the surface those, the surface is no longer level with peeling clearcoat. Form what I have read if I decided to prep the surface my self I could save some money, but I wouldnt me able to get there warrenty, which would be good if the paint start peeling after a year.

Ideally I would like to have two stage paint jobs (paint/clear), where they would smooth out the surface, but that might be to expensive. Plus I need a place that could somewhat match my white pearl, can shops do that for an afforable price I know pearls are somewhat tricky, but its white it shouldnt be that bad right. I dont know where I should go, I dont really want to pay anymore 300 dollars to paint my hood, anymore then that its just not worth it. I anyone know of good afforable place let me know.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...at-should-I-do

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Where should I go for a hood paint job?

Forgot to mention, im in mississauga so im looking for a place nearby.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Where should I go for a hood paint job?

Auto Magicians is a TM3 sponsor in Mississauga and can help you out.
    http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/fo...Auto-Magicians
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

4. The Following User Says Thank You to S.F.W. For This Useful Post:

syasar (09-21-2017)