A couple years ago, my wife and i bought our first mazda 3 GT. We love the car. My youngest daughter learned to drive in the car and liked it so much, she bought one for her first car.

It's a 2005 sedan. We bought it from a friend for a decent price. It needed some work hence the cheap price. I am a truck & transport mechanic and cars are pretty much no different.

We set about going over it and fixing various things like innoperative power windows, power steering, AC etc. When all that was done, it was time to address the rusted out rocker panels. Unhooked the battery, cut out all thet old rust and welded in new pannels. So after all the body and paint was complete, it was time to take it and have the the Saftey Inspection done.

I hooked up the battery and the alarm started going off. I jumped in the car and put the key in the ignition and turned the car on. The security lights are flashing, the horn is going and the car will not only not start, but it will not shift into neutral either.

I find the horn fuse and pulled it do we don't tick if the neighbors. I put a battery charger on it thinking it was run down. Nope. I tried all kinds of things. I spent about 3 days checking the internet for solutions. Nothing worked. Finally i bit the bullet and had it towed to our local dealer.

They asked for our 2nd key (don't have one) and key fob. They provided a 2nd key and programmed both to the car. They said a wire broke off in the key fob and that's why it didn't work (Never used it either).

So $100 later they assure me its golden and should be ok from here on out.
Winter came and 1 really cold day the car refused to start and she ran the battery down. We knew the battery wasn't the greatest so i picked up a new one from Napa. I swapped out the battery and the same thing happened from when we did body work. Horn, security lights on dash flashing and no start. Tow to dealer again. Program it.... again. Another bill to pay. I tried to reason with them thday it should not have happened the first time let alone three 2nd time. I have never come across this in all the years I've been working on cars or trucks. They could not give me an answer as to why it happened. I figure there is a small battery or capacitor in the car to hold memory for things like this and its failed. But i have no idea where to look and have found no evidence of this anywhere. Has anybody had this tale of woe happen before?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk