just bought another Mazda3 Sport GT (base) in snowflake white (I already have 2014 GT in black)

I bought my current one from Jeff (great experience), bought new one from Mazda of Richmond Hill as it was closer to me and I went there first with the idea that I will just leave and go further to Jeff as I knew exactly what I wanted and willing to pay and if they didn't agree, then I'll walk.

They have typical setup where sales consultant goes to sales/finance manager to "approve" a price but require a CC deposit before they are willing to talk price (I agreed knowing I could walk and they had to refund me but with a bit of hassle) but this is shady in this day and age IMO

They tried to distort price (deliberate or not?) by dealing in biweekly payment amounts for the lease and won't do monthly (say for only $10 more a payment etc). I said I wanted to deal with purchase price of car and discounts/incentives. Of course they try to roll in the "discount" amount including all incentives whereas I broke it down btwn mazda incentives and discount I wanted.

agreed on price/discount and off to the finance manager! and woops!! they "forgot" the upgrade to mazda discount and added it back in after i noticed it (by adding up all the incentives/discount amt)

I wanted lease protection as car is for my girlfriend who is not careful and has scrapped mirrors and curbed rims and they said yes the lease protection will cover it and add it on for $10 a payment which I agreed, gave me pamphlet and went home. Saw that the lease protection was from FCPP and didn't cover scratches if it's to the paint or bumpers and didn't cover curb rash!

sent email saying it wasn't what we were told we were getting and they agreed to take it off but offered the mazda appearance protection package instead which covers everything i asked for will cost more (extra $16 a payment for 48 months). Said I'll think about with intention to decline as it's too expensive when buyback is only $10k

In October, leasecash increased and I emailed asking for my lease to reflect that and they agreed. emailed saying car was here a month later and i let them know i've decided not to get the lease protection.

time to pick up car after a month. They "forgot" we had wanted to not move forward with the mazda wear protection and included it for $1555. I said I didn't want it, tried to persuade me to get it and I said no. Went to amend the agreement and then came back and said if they gave me back $300 would I take it or give him a number...I said I'll take it if he gave me $450 back to be added to balance of $1000 deposit we left. agreed.

Numbers below

MSRP was 25,200 with $850 leaseback cash when I signed the deal in september but took a month to arrive and the leaseback cash increased to $1200.

so $25,200 MSRP with following discounts/incentives for a 48mth 0% lease
$1200 lease cash
$425 upgrade to mazda
$500 first time buyer
$1500 discount from dealer
no admin fee but had lease admin fee of $150 (which is on mazda site) plus like $75 for registration etc

plus $500 grad discount (told to follow up in 6-8weeks later as they submit transcript to mazda who needs to approve it?)

tldr; paying $159 biweekly inc tax for a base 2018 M3 sport GT with gold Mazda wear protection.

overall was a decent experience (sales rep was great, but he's just a rep with no power and the sale tactics was from the finance manager who was friendly enough but always in a rush). They are willing to give decent deals, but overall I much prefer straight to the point and transparent process with someone like Jeff.