Thread: Sound system upgrade

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Sound system upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by gabbygenier View Post
    it sucks! haha. Wife's 2017 GS 3 non bose definitely needs an upgrade. even the truck (2017 silverado) had actually descent sound stock compared to the 3.
    That is not what I want to hear, clearly Mazda doesn't care about sound in this car.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Ride
    Vixxxen
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiviuTincu View Post
    That is not what I want to hear, clearly Mazda doesn't care about sound in this car.

More like they want you top upgrade. I've got a 3rd gen with the Bose system and it's great.
    My Parents bought me more Hot Wheels than Barbies when I was little...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience you will never find an OEM sound system that's good, doesn't matter what manufacturer. You simply can't get the sound comparable to a custom built aftermarket system. Ofcourse it depends on the person, but as a audiophile a Oem system will never do.

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post
    In my experience you will never find an OEM sound system that's good, doesn't matter what manufacturer. You simply can't get the sound comparable to a custom built aftermarket system. Ofcourse it depends on the person, but as a audiophile a Oem system will never do.

_3
    Then is not worth it to have"premium" sound system . When it comes with other stuff, is probably worth it, but just alone is not, I suppose.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then is not worth it to have"premium" sound system . When it comes with other stuff, is probably worth it, but just alone is not, I suppose.

Exactly, I would never make a buying decision based on the audio system offered, as they all suck. Now if the choice of vehicle comes standard with the premium system then I would choose to rip it out and put a real system in, but that's just me.

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by natspriceless View Post
    More like they want you top upgrade. I've got a 3rd gen with the Bose system and it's great.
    Probably right. But IMO Bose is overpriced garbage lol. they have an excellent marketing department like many other manufacturers of overpriced stuff. COUGH Apple COUGH

I don't think it's that they don't care. It's more of a factor that most ppl don't care about the audio too much. but like Flagrum said, some of us are audiophiles and actually care about it.

_3
    Exactly this. The truck is better then the 3 but in no way compares to any aftermarket stereo that i can add to it.
    2004 mazda 3 GT Sedan Indigo Blue.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what are the options for "audiophile" like experience?

Last edited by LiviuTincu; 11-23-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably right. But IMO Bose is overpriced garbage lol. they have an excellent marketing department like many other manufacturers of overpriced stuff. COUGH Apple COUGH

This is not Bose fault , it's Mazda's . Bose can do much better I think , it's just how much Mazda is willing to spend on this , and the result is their cars . For Bose is profitable to just produce crap because the car manufacturers are asking for it . For me as an example , I can't afford to pay 3x more (I don't want to spend that much money) in like Focal speakers for let's say 20% "audiophile" experience over Infinity Kappa. I am trying to get the balance between good sound @ good price . My car is worth it $5000 maybe and to spend $1000 on speakers it's just stupid .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@LiviuTincu - You are not considering the fact you can take the system with you with your next car purchase. When I finally get rid of my 3 I'll take the system with me, and if possible put it in my next car purchase or sell some components if not.

You can also purchase high end stuff through kajiji as mentioned by others in the other thread...

Some things to ponder anyways.

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@LiviuTincu - You are not considering the fact you can take the system with you with your next car purchase. When I finally get rid of my 3 I'll take the system with me, and if possible put it in my next car purchase or sell some components if not.

You can also purchase high end stuff through kajiji as mentioned by others in the other thread...

Some things to ponder anyways.

_3
    Yes, that is true, you can always install it in the next car, 100% in my case. The stuff I have now was bought at good deals, is not worth sell it with the car , unless the buyer is willing to pay for my work too.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The odds of the person you are selling the car to next wanting your system are very low. And if you trade it in, you may as well take it out and sell it for extra since the dealer probably won't even want in the car.

Like Flagrum said, take it to the next car. The only thing that you probably won't take, specially if you buy a brand new car, is the deck. In my case, the new mazda 3 has its own thing that is a pain to change to aftermarket unless you go with an android system from a crappy Chinese company. And the truck has a surprisingly really good deck that's integrated with a lot of features of the truck. so even with the decks I had in my old car and the one in my wife's old car (05 mazda 3) I sold them both.

Kijiji is awesome if you're patient. same as ebay like i mentioned above.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The odds of the person you are selling the car to next wanting your system are very low. And if you trade it in, you may as well take it out and sell it for extra since the dealer probably won't even want in the car.

Like Flagrum said, take it to the next car. The only thing that you probably won't take, specially if you buy a brand new car, is the deck. In my case, the new mazda 3 has its own thing that is a pain to change to aftermarket unless you go with an android system from a crappy Chinese company. And the truck has a surprisingly really good deck that's integrated with a lot of features of the truck. so even with the decks I had in my old car and the one in my wife's old car (05 mazda 3) I sold them both.

Kijiji is awesome if you're patient. same as ebay like i mentioned above.
    That's the reason for LC2i , if is too much integration in the new deck I have to use it instead of loosing features. I'm just afraid not to fry something due 8v vs 5v thing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 740 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is not Bose fault , it's Mazda's . Bose can do much better I think , it's just how much Mazda is willing to spend on this , and the result is their cars . For Bose is profitable to just produce crap because the car manufacturers are asking for it . For me as an example , I can't afford to pay 3x more (I don't want to spend that much money) in like Focal speakers for let's say 20% "audiophile" experience over Infinity Kappa. I am trying to get the balance between good sound @ good price . My car is worth it $5000 maybe and to spend $1000 on speakers it's just stupid .
    The Bose systems put into these cars aren't for people like myself or Gab or Ron etc. They are decent stock systems with a little more oomf then then stock speakers that come in GX and GS. And you know what they are? Cardboard speakers that sound like shit after too long.

Now when it comes to myself and the trial and error and different setups I've gone through in my car, the amount spent is not far off what i paid for the car back in 2007. I learned long ago that you gotta spend money for quality. Now I'm not saying go and spend upwards of 1k ore more on door speakers, but if your wanting quality that will last, your gonna wanna spend more then 129.99 on a set of kappas. I found my focal Ps 165s for 275 off kijiji, and my RE XXX 6.5cs brand new off eBay for 460 all said and done. Not to mention the 700 for the 13 and everything else.

Is car audio cheap? Not a hope in hell. But if you want to have a real crisp and loud setup your going to want to spend the money.

But if your after a decent sound and nothing crazy, spending under 1k for everything (speakers, sub/amp, deck etc) is easily done. It's just what one person thinks is pointless is one persons passion in life. And I'm not even close to done lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They say I'm an addict but I don't have a problem with alcohol or drugs. I'm an addict because I can't live without bass. Car audio is my addiction. And it will never change.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaimie08mazda3 View Post
    The Bose systems put into these cars aren't for people like myself or Gab or Ron etc. They are decent stock systems with a little more oomf then then stock speakers that come in GX and GS. And you know what they are? Cardboard speakers that sound like shit after too long.

Now when it comes to myself and the trial and error and different setups I've gone through in my car, the amount spent is not far off what i paid for the car back in 2007. I learned long ago that you gotta spend money for quality. Now I'm not saying go and spend upwards of 1k ore more on door speakers, but if your wanting quality that will last, your gonna wanna spend more then 129.99 on a set of kappas. I found my focal Ps 165s for 275 off kijiji, and my RE XXX 6.5cs brand new off eBay for 460 all said and done. Not to mention the 700 for the 13 and everything else.

Is car audio cheap? Not a hope in hell. But if you want to have a real crisp and loud setup your going to want to spend the money.

But if your after a decent sound and nothing crazy, spending under 1k for everything (speakers, sub/amp, deck etc) is easily done. It's just what one person thinks is pointless is one persons passion in life. And I'm not even close to done lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I might try Focal one day, who knows. As for the price you can get them for today, nope, I don't think I will. They could be magical, hell no I'm going to pay 3-4 hundred bucks for it. All comes to how much you are going to spend on this. Same as for me Kappa is enough and you say Focal is ok, there are other guys that may think Focal is not enough for their expectations. We can talk about it years, this is how it is. I was curious to know where the good sound system starts, what's minimum to have to achieve that.

Sent from my Moto G4+ using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See for example Bentley audio upgrade is $8000 and is not considered the best by some, vs Range Rover sport sound system upgrade ranked 1 with$3200 . Just an example to understand what I am after.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 923 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See for example Bentley audio upgrade is $8000 and is not considered the best by some, vs Range Rover sport sound system upgrade ranked 1 with$3200 . Just an example to understand what I am after.

Anybody that can afford a Bentley - can afford $8,000 for the upgrade.

I dumped $5 grand into my old VW. Sold the system for $3,500 and gave the car with it for free LOL

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Default User View Post
    Anybody that can afford a Bentley - can afford $8,000 for the upgrade.

I dumped $5 grand into my old VW. Sold the system for $3,500 and gave the car with it for free LOL
    I found some good deal on Amazon.de , it shows Postage & packing but doesn't say duty, custom or any other fee. Those will be extra, right?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bit the bullet and bought Focal PS165 . Have to wait 2-4 weeks .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bit the bullet and bought Focal PS165 . Have to wait 2-4 weeks .

Will have to take a listen at a meet. Very curious.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    Will have to take a listen at a meet. Very curious.
    I hope is worth it to replace Kappas

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question: is my amplifier powerful enough at 70W RMS for Focal PS165 which are 80W ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's here

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got it

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question: is my amplifier powerful enough at 70W RMS for Focal PS165 which are 80W ?

Do you have the full specs for your amp? Otherwise I'd say your underpowered for those new speakers for proper sound and reliability.

Your PS165V1 show a rating of 80 Wrms, the rule I've always followed is your amp should be rated atleast 10-15% higher per channel Wrms, as most amps will distort by the time they reach their rated Wrms and that would not be good for your speakers.

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have the full specs for your amp? Otherwise I'd say your underpowered for those new speakers for proper sound and reliability.

Your PS165V1 show a rating of 80 Wrms, the rule I've always followed is your amp should be rated atleast 10-15% higher per channel Wrms, as most amps will distort by the time they reach their rated Wrms and that would not be good for your speakers.

_3
    Bridged it's 175W . Sony xm-1004n , I have nothing in between

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast