Thread: Valve cover gasket

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Valve cover gasket

A week ago or so, my wife called me in the morning to tell me that the oil pressure warning light came up on the dashboard. She also said that car doesn't start anymore. WTF happend was my first thought, the oil was replaced a week before this, did I forgot something? Can't be after one week, right. Anyway, she left the car in Sobyes parking lot, and walk to work since was close enough. After that call, I couldn't concentrate on anything, what the hell is happening. During my lunch break, I went there to check,I have opened the hood, looked under the car, tailpipe, engine bay, no signs of oil or burned oil anywhere.i was afraid to crank it up, but I did it and it starts without any problems, no low oil warning light. WTF. Engine runs smooth, no noise or anything. I'm taking the car to her work place and asked her what exactly happened. She explained again seeing the oil warning light, pulled over in parking lot, shut off the engine, but she was listening music on battery, with a subwoofer in the trunk and probably loud enough to make the car not to start. But why the low oil warning light? I used Mobile1 extended mileage one, I have used it before... Yesterday, I went to do some tune up to her car,to clean few sensors, throttle body, air filter, check spark plugs...uups, one spark plug has oil on the well, scary... This car is annoying, so many problems with it. I went online and check what that means: valve cover gasket is bad. Sure enough, checked the cover all around and saw some oil around the back where exaust manifold is. Everything makes sense now, oil in spark plug well, loosing pressure and little oil loss that I noticed at the last oil change. Yes, valve cover gasket it is. Pretty easy to change I understand, questions for you guys is what I need to get it done, do I need gasket silicone, special tools....and where to get the part , Mazda dealer , RockAuto, Amazon... Thanks.

Sent from my Moto G4+ using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LiviuTincu; 11-26-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Valve cover gasket

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Valve cover gasket

Now I have a gasket laying around , if someone needs it.

Sent from my Moto G4+ using Tapatalk