Thread: Airport Mazda of Toronto Service Appointment

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Airport Mazda of Toronto Service Appointment

Hey guys, just called them for a service appointment... I let them know my coolant is low (might've to flush it), power steering fluid is over max, and I may have a fuel leak (I noticed a small puddle by the gas tank when I inspected the vehicle this weekend). Mine is a 2010 Mazda3 2.5 GT
    This is my first time going into dealership for service; lady was nice over the phone, and took everything down and said they'll book me in for a multi-point inspection to check what's wrong with my car (I told them I go by my maintenance schedule from the owner's manual)... She said the oil change includes the inspection at $74.95 + tax, and the coolant flush is around $150. Are these prices reasonable? I'm used to $40 to $60 oil changes only, but then again, they're including an inspection. Anyone have good/bad experience with these guys? How's the service pricing-wise? Do they upsell stuff? Thanks.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Airport Mazda of Toronto Service Appointment

That's about a typical oil change price when it includes the inspection.

You shouldn't be losing coolant. Define "low". Just a bit low in the overflow reservoir, or do you have to keep topping up to keep the rad itself full? You may be looking at a leak (ie. head gasket). That'll cost. A flush won't solve a leak, and may make it worse.

A gas leak is also real bad. That'll be your priority, because I've seen vehicles with fuel leaks seized & towed under fire safety laws.

I wouldn't worry about the power steering fluid. At some point it was slightly overfilled. If it bothers you, siphon a bit out.

I can't speak to this particular dealer. Good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bpsmicro For This Useful Post:

dope3 (01-22-2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. Yea, it turns out it wasn't all that bad, the inspection made up for it. I guess that's why they charged $70 for oil change (they brought it down to $70 which includes inspection, filter change, fluid top up, wipers, tire pressure, etc.)

My coolant was just low in the reservoir (lower than the min line), I never had to top it up. I was worried there may be a leak somewhere, but they said no leaks... They did not have to flush it at all; they said the coolant was clean and just low, they just topped it off.

Apparently they checked the underbody and fuel tank too and could not see any leaks, great news. Like you mentioned, that was by far my main concern... Glad everything was fine for that.

Yea, I was not too worried about the power steering fluid, but it turns out they flushed that one actually... They said it was too thick and the colour was purple? So they just flushed out the system and added ATF fluid (based on the invoice).

Brake/clutch fluid was ok at max, so they did not touch that.

They also inspected my drive belt and that needed replacement (I asked to show me the condition and it was in fact kinda frayed)... So they replaced that too.

When I got the car, I did notice better revving and less jerky movements especially in first gear (the new belt maybe?) and better heat (coolant topped off I assume)

All in all, I was expecting coolant flush, remove some power steering fluid, gas leak, and I left with topped coolant, power steering fluid flush, no gas leak, and new belt... All for $450, not bad imo... Service was good, but kinda slow lol, would recommend this dealer

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as it pains me to say so as a amateur mechanic/DIYer myself, sometimes a trip to the dealer or a trusted specialty mechanic is worth the extra money you're going to throw at them. Glad it worked out for you (especially the gas leak, because those are rarely a cheap fix).

Brad.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bpsmicro For This Useful Post:

dope3 (01-26-2018)