Thread: Body control module.....smh

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Body control module.....smh

Ok rant beginning, I bought a 2018 gt sport last year it has appx 17000km. Was driving the other day and my wipers stopped working. Hmm. So I checked all the basics. It would still shoot out w/s washer but no movement. It was raining that night and I was in Markham. I live in Etobicoke. So had to tow it to dealership, leave it at 0100am. This was 2 Thursdays ago...... there is no part in North America and it is on back order.
    Damn ran out of breath. Earliest is mid Feb if I'm lucky WTFH.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Body control module.....smh

Did you get the extended warranty? If so, a rental is covered. If not, maybe speak with the service manager. A month is a long time without a car.

MAP saved me on three occasions. For the first time in my life, I came out ahead on an extended warranty.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbbwood For This Useful Post:

Jeff-TheBiz (01-23-2018)

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GinZa View Post
    Ok rant beginning, I bought a 2018 gt sport last year it has appx 17000km. Was driving the other day and my wipers stopped working. Hmm. So I checked all the basics. It would still shoot out w/s washer but no movement. It was raining that night and I was in Markham. I live in Etobicoke. So had to tow it to dealership, leave it at 0100am. This was 2 Thursdays ago...... there is no part in North America and it is on back order.
    Damn ran out of breath. Earliest is mid Feb if I'm lucky WTFH.

as said speak to the service manager about a loaner or replacement car. they can sometimes send in to ask even if your not covered for a car if the car has a long back order date. if nothing call mazda 1-800 customer care number and tell them the situation. on a brand new car thats not a good thing to wait so long without wheels im sure they will help
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmmorden View Post
    Costco = good cheap solution
    Just go to automotive and ask to see their nuts
    It's like a buck a nut

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a rental a 2017 Kia optima. (Garbage.... and rental cars don't come with winter tires..)
    Have talked to mazda Canada and they said they are trying to find the exact car to try it's BCM. Mazda says it will work but tech at mazda doesn't think it will

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh stop crying. It's very common for parts to be backorder. Especially if they are prone to failure, 1 off case or a brand new car and parts are not readily available. No rentals have winters (at least on that I've ever had) in the 2nd gen parts can be swapped but vin numbers have to be changed. Not sure how complex the 3rd gen is. European cars have been like this for years. If you know a 3rd party source with European vehicles generally any module can be swapped.
    1991 Nissan Pathfinder - trade in, 2005 Mazda 3 GX ty grey - Write off, 2010 Mazda 3 GT E sedan CWP- trade in, 2010 Speed 3 w/tech CWP - Up for sale (soon), 2007 Mazda 3 GS silver- motor swapped in to 2009 MS3 CWP that had blown engine, 2002 BMW 330ci silver- new winter ride, 2005 BMW M3- new toy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3rd week in February at the earliest. Mazda has changed the BCM due to number of failures and that's when the part will be finished. In the future the dealers will hold stock of this new part.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GinZa View Post
    3rd week in February at the earliest. Mazda has changed the BCM due to number of failures and that's when the part will be finished. In the future the dealers will hold stock of this new part.

lol no they wont. they are just telling you that. for the 1 in 1000 cars that may have it fail the dealers wont carry it in stock. mazda canada will have more in stock though im sure.