Thread: Hi everyone!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi everyone!

I'm new to Mazda and have recently purchased a 2018 Mazda GS with Skyactiv. Coming from 2012 STi Sedan so I'm pretty happy to be saving lots of gas lol.

Sorry if this isn't the right section for this, but do you all get holes drilled for rust proofing? I normally do, but the dealer told me it would void the 7 year unlimited km perforation warranty.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hi everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by cbssti View Post
    I'm new to Mazda and have recently purchased a 2018 Mazda GS with Skyactiv. Coming from 2012 STi Sedan so I'm pretty happy to be saving lots of gas lol.

Sorry if this isn't the right section for this, but do you all get holes drilled for rust proofing? I normally do, but the dealer told me it would void the 7 year unlimited km perforation warranty.
    Haven't heard of the drilling=voiding previously, but it does make some sense, you are introducing new potential points of entry for rust to form. On the flip side, whoever does the rust proofing should provide you with a warranty. Other options would be to ask the rust proofing company to not drill new holes, or to use a different type of provider that does not drill holes at all.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I normally go to Krown Lakeshore but yeah.. it's a bit of a catch 22 because not drilling holes keeps 7 year warranty but at the same time moisture still does get trapped inside the panels where normally drilling holes allows the rust proofing to easily creep into.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@cbssti The dealer is full of shit. Drilling will not void your warranty. They may try to sell you theirs instead, its a scare tactic.

I along with many others here have Krowned their cars and my warranty was never voided, plus if you Krown it, it'll not rust period.

_3

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post
    @cbssti The dealer is full of shit. Drilling will not void your warranty. They may try to sell you theirs instead, its a scare tactic.

I along with many others here have Krowned their cars and my warranty was never voided, plus if you Krown it, it'll not rust period.

_3
    Are you sure ? Policy might have changed when the rust warranty changed.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    Are you sure ? Policy might have changed when the rust warranty changed.
    As far as I know it hasn't changed, and I've read the New Mazda Warranty page completely, (I'll explain why I did after). Anyways it only covers perforation which will almost never occur within the time period, or very rarely, and if a new vehicle is Krowned 'yearly' they have their own warranty which covers any perforation 100%, with no limitations of years or mileage. My '05 still carries the full Krown warranty even after 12 years, and aslong as I keep bringing her in every year.

The reason I read the new warranty and this may be good info for any late Gen owners, was because a workmate having a paint staining running down from the side mirrors, and seems to be common with the latest generation 3. Well the staining is covered, as it is due to poor manufacturer design, and is covered for the 7 years unlimited mileage. Maybe they fixed the issue in this latest year I don't know.

_3
    Last edited by Flagrum_3; 01-23-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome cbssti