Thread: 2017 Mazda 3 6 MT Installed Starter and TPMS and Parking Brake malfunction Light On.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2017 Mazda 3 6 MT Installed Starter and TPMS and Parking Brake malfunction Light On.

So I don't really know which model, maybe the 6200 starter but I had it installed and it required the battery to be disconnected. I plug it in, I try the starter and it seems to work. It's wired so that you use the original fob and press the lock button x3 to turn off and start your car. The TPMS and Parking Brake Function are on. They're both solid and the TPMS reset button doesn't seem to work. Also, my auto power window button doesn't work so I have to manually hold it down. Not my biggest issue but what could it be?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2017 Mazda 3 6 MT Installed Starter and TPMS and Parking Brake malfunction Light

Not sure about the main issues but for the auto power window, to reset it, you just need to manually power the window all the way down then power it all the way up. This should restore the auto function.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2017 Mazda 3 6 MT Installed Starter and TPMS and Parking Brake malfunction Light

Quote Originally Posted by distr0 View Post
    Not sure about the main issues but for the auto power window, to reset it, you just need to manually power the window all the way down then power it all the way up. This should restore the auto function.
    Yeah that worked. Thanks a lot! One problem checked off.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found out that only when the system is active will my lights turn on. If I don't ready the system or activate it, they all turn off and back to normal. The guy said he didn't install a diode. Do you think the power going both ways will trigger the lights? Is it possible?

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's entirely possible that power is being supplied to the lights via his mod. If he already mentioned off the bat that he didn't install a diode to block parisitic current flow, then chances are it should be done.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morganc View Post
    It's entirely possible that power is being supplied to the lights via his mod. If he already mentioned off the bat that he didn't install a diode to block parisitic current flow, then chances are it should be done.
    The little amount of current is enough just to trigger the light on the dash but not enough to cause an actual malfunction? So it's like turning on the indicator for no reason?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gost View Post
    The little amount of current is enough just to trigger the light on the dash but not enough to cause an actual malfunction? So it's like turning on the indicator for no reason?

The brake warning light indicates that the computer thinks the parking brake is set. Your parking brake has a switch that tells the computer the brake is set, and the the computer turns the light on. If the remote start sends a "parking brake set signal" to the computer via a current leak, the light will go on. If your installer didn't take the effort to use diodes I wouldn't trust any of his work, and would get someone else to double check it. Diodes are about 3 cents each and it only takes an extra minute or two to install them, so there is no excuse to not use them.
    2008 Carbon Gray GT Sedan 5 Speed

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Noisy Crow For This Useful Post:

Gost (01-31-2018)