From the recent cold snap around the GTA, I noticed the tacometer was looking a bit off, the best way I can explain it is like Glass Shattered or a spider web type look by the Gear Indicator.

I called it in, it was under warranty, and they said it could easily be replaced. Everything was good. I took it in, and they called me to pick it up within a few hours.

The thing is, the apparent "New" part looks pretty much the same, albeit the same spider effect is there but it is not the same as the one I had.

Oh, and, apparently the Odometer model I had isn't capable of transferring the information over to the new model. So I went from reading 123,00KMs + to 11KMs.

This is kind of a multi part question.
  1. Is this even legal? They didn't seem to think it was a big deal (other than if I were to sell it later on). I wasn't planning on selling the car, with how much I drive I'll probably run it into the ground.
  2. Does anyone else experience this look as well?
  3. I've seen online that there are Odometer correction devices that could help me get it back to where it should be. Has anyone had experience with them?

Here is a picture of what the effect looks like: https://ibb.co/fOLzqx

Any assistance would be great. Thanks!