Thread: First Post Help Plz!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default First Post Help Plz!

First off I'd like to say hi to everyone! I'm hoping I can find some insite from you guys/gals here. (this isn't what I wanted the first post to be but so be it)

I just signed up for the page on behalf of my girl, she loves her 2007 Mazda 3 GT hatch, but is having some issues with her transmission.

The good ol AT light is on (P0753, Shift solenoid A)) and her engine light is on (P0131/4 02 Sensor low ouput)

O2 sensor stuff I can deal with and have changed many in my lifetime wrenching on cars.

The transmission shift solenoid one, well comes with a couple noticeable problems and I want to know what my first steps should be.
    When in park the car starts and runs fine, the AT light is on though unless I reset the code using my OBD2 scanner, but if you shift to reverse or drive, you can feel the transmission quite fiercely go into each mode with a bit of a clunk. We haven't driven the car since the light has come on in case this can be repaired before blowing up the transmission.

Something tells me this isn't just a solenoid.

Any insite/advice is welcomed. There are a few tcm's and transmissions around for sale if it has to come down to it as well.

Thanks for any input!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: First Post Help Plz!

Welcome to TM3! Good to hear you haven't been driving the car since this issue. It's not good for the transmission for you to be shifting it back and forth with the AT light on and noticeable jerks/clunks.

I had a 'U' code on mine and since had my TCM rebuilt here in Toronto and I would recommend that over buying online or purchasing used. I've considered all options before and getting it rebuilt was the best choice.

To test, try switching around the solenoids and see if that triggers other issues. If it starts to work after you switch it up, then I would say it's a solenoid issue. Watch this video to give you some insight of what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e89tsk3gVfU

Try that out and let us know what happens. If it still does NOT work, I say get the TCM rebuilt.

I'm sure the experts in our TM3 fam will chime in soon! Cheers brother

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rezurexun For This Useful Post:

2freedom (03-03-2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea it sounds like the TCM issue with the hard shifts. Did you get any U code from your OBD2?

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...control+module

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, thanks for the reply, I haven't been home all week so I haven't had a change to say thanks.

I'll watch the video now, and I've got all the tools to swap the solenoids tomorrow.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, U codes, only starting with a P

My girl had to move the car the other day, only a few hundred meters. The AT light was off but it still from park to drive quite hard.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I swapped the transmission solenoids this evening, she shifted beautifully for a few minutes, but then started acting the same.

I'm officially thinking the tcm now.

Rezurexun where did you get your tcm rebuilt??

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you considered doing a fluid swap first? It's cheap to do and fluid is the backbone of A/T operation.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2freedom View Post
    Well I swapped the transmission solenoids this evening, she shifted beautifully for a few minutes, but then started acting the same.

I'm officially thinking the tcm now.

Rezurexun where did you get your tcm rebuilt??
    I looked high and low for a weeks and found this local shop that did an amazing job on my TCM. I literally got it back looking brand new and it worked perfectly. I can PM you his info if you need it. Just let me know

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rezurexun For This Useful Post:

2freedom (03-12-2018)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys/gals, first off huge thanks.

I ended up getting the tcm rebuilt in vaughan, they were a bit of a pain in the ass to deal with, but everything is working great. I re-installed everything and now mounted the tcm computer up by the brake lines so it has proper airflow.
    After I went for a 30 min test drive and the transmission was working perfectly. The engine light didn't come back either so we are looking good.
    The transmission fluid was a good reddish colour, but I will do a fluid/filter change when it warms up in the summer.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 2freedom For This Useful Post:

natspriceless (03-16-2018)