Thread: Artic Coating

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Artic Coating

Appointment booked!! Friday, can't wait. If your interested Check my boy in Vaughn.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Sponsor - GTA Retrofits
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,089 Times in 541 Posts
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Artic Coating

This post tells us nothing.
    Modifications? I've forgotten more than I remember. Click here for the list.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hyperion For This Useful Post:

GinZa (03-13-2018),Kiewan (03-14-2018),MikeSafari (04-04-2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry had to get address. His name is John at Detailnplasti. Address is 180 Winges Rd #12, Woodbridge, ON L4L 9L9

Will post before and after pics on Sunday. If seriously interested let me know and I'll tell him your coming by.

Hope that helps.
    Website is http://www.detailnplasti.ca/

Sponsor - GTA Retrofits
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,089 Times in 541 Posts
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nope. Still tells me nothing. Don't know tf it is.
    Post sounds more like an ad.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is Artic Coating ?
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Wheels.ca article may shed some light: https://www.wheels.ca/news/the-new-w...in-the-winter/

<TL;DR version>: Similar to the ceramic coating we hear a lot about.

Brad.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aftermath.....

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GinZa For This Useful Post:

Jackal (03-19-2018),Kiewan (03-21-2018),natspriceless (03-20-2018)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to hear from people who've had this (or a similar higher-end ceramic coating) for a couple of years or more, and get their opinions on longevity. While they always look awesome right out of the shop, I'm just not seeing enough data on long-term value to justify the $1500+ cost. If your car looks this amazing two years from now, with average driving and routine washing, I'd be all over this.

Brad.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$1500 too much for my blood..... I have Ceramic Pro from Hamza though

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lazycro For This Useful Post:

S.F.W. (03-27-2018)

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lazycro View Post
    $1500 too much for my blood..... I have Ceramic Pro from Hamza though
    but isnt even that expensive? i mean for the cost of the "protection" you could buy the polishers and wax and stuff yourself and do it. i apply on both cars a yearly 2 part sealer and i think its 50 bucks and i get both cars and the bike done. i personally really wanted it done but like others have said how does this hold up in 2-3-5 years? does it ever need to be reapplied? life time against fade? just.. i dunno sounds like the fru fru stuff sold by dealers business office just too good to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmmorden View Post
    Costco = good cheap solution
    Just go to automotive and ask to see their nuts
    It's like a buck a nut

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will find out. I will post an update with videos on the yearly anniversary

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Booter22 View Post
    but isnt even that expensive? i mean for the cost of the "protection" you could buy the polishers and wax and stuff yourself and do it. i apply on both cars a yearly 2 part sealer and i think its 50 bucks and i get both cars and the bike done. i personally really wanted it done but like others have said how does this hold up in 2-3-5 years? does it ever need to be reapplied? life time against fade? just.. i dunno sounds like the fru fru stuff sold by dealers business office just too good to be true.
    Well I'll put 600 over 1500 sure, I forget how many years as I didn't get the top end.

I don't have a garage I can work out of, no house owned here so space and hours to do something like that would mean doing it in the back lot up north at the family cottage..... meaning wasting a weekend on that instead of flyboarding.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lazycro View Post
    Well I'll put 600 over 1500 sure, I forget how many years as I didn't get the top end.

I don't have a garage I can work out of, no house owned here so space and hours to do something like that would mean doing it in the back lot up north at the family cottage..... meaning wasting a weekend on that instead of flyboarding.
    yea 600 is a good deal and if you wax it regular you can maintain and protect that finish im sure.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bpsmicro View Post
    I'd love to hear from people who've had this (or a similar higher-end ceramic coating) for a couple of years or more, and get their opinions on longevity. While they always look awesome right out of the shop, I'm just not seeing enough data on long-term value to justify the $1500+ cost. If your car looks this amazing two years from now, with average driving and routine washing, I'd be all over this.

Brad.
    $1,500 should get you more than two years' worth of durability from a ceramic coating.

I've been researching ceramic coatings for a while now as a friend of mine runs a detailing business as well, and I've decided to take the plunge. Paint correction plus a three-year Feynlab ceramic coat is gonna cost me about $950, but I'm also not getting my wheels done since I'm planning on changing those out anyway.

As long as you're taking care of the paint properly, a good ceramic coating should last you its entire rated life. This means a two-bucket wash, with grit guards, no automatic car washes, etc.

There are a ton of options out there, including even more durable coatings like Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra, CQuartz Finest Reserve, Gyeon Q² Mohs+, and so on. Most of those will only be available to certified detailers as they're harder and therefore more difficult to apply.

Arctic looks like a two-step application so maybe the $1,500 price tag makes sense, but for that price and with a two-step application process, it should last at least five years.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSafari View Post
    Arctic looks like a two-step application so maybe the $1,500 price tag makes sense, but for that price and with a two-step application process, it should last at least five years.
    You & I are on the same page. "Should" last five years, but other than marketing hype, there's a shortage of evidence. And a $1k coating that still requires me to "wax" every year isn't worth it to me. Because I live on a dirt road (thankfully only a short stretch, but still), the majority of my washes are a pressure washer rinse, maybe a quick brush (soft) with foamy stuff, and a quick chamois dry. And even then that's not as often as I'd like. If I have to wax a couple of times a year anyway, I may as well just find a decent detailler and skip the "coating".

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see and that was my issue. for the cost of paying someone i purchased everything i could do it the safest way myself. dual action polisher. different pads. compounds. sprays. bottles. everything and the yearly ceramic coatings. and my car being 8 years old and 175k still looks tops when its clayed and waxed my jeep will be the same. if you have the time, and the ability its almost better and cheaper long term to buy the stuff and do it yourself. id like to think for 1000 the car will look almost new. i just dont believe that to be true. and again you still need to clean it. im sure clay it. and wax it. etc. its not like you just spray it down and off you go

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wash it, 2 bucket system then blow dry it. That's all

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Booter22 View Post
    see and that was my issue. for the cost of paying someone i purchased everything i could do it the safest way myself. dual action polisher. different pads. compounds. sprays. bottles. everything and the yearly ceramic coatings. and my car being 8 years old and 175k still looks tops when its clayed and waxed my jeep will be the same. if you have the time, and the ability its almost better and cheaper long term to buy the stuff and do it yourself. id like to think for 1000 the car will look almost new. i just dont believe that to be true. and again you still need to clean it. im sure clay it. and wax it. etc. its not like you just spray it down and off you go
    You shouldn't need to clay your car at all with a quality ceramic coating applied correctly. The only thing a clay bar does is remove surface contaminants, but with a properly-applied ceramic coating, there won't be anything for the contaminants to stick to and a proper two/three-bucket wash will keep your car looking its best. And you don't need a classic paste wax anymore; a synthetic spray wax will keep your car looking even better.

Quote Originally Posted by bpsmicro View Post
    You & I are on the same page. "Should" last five years, but other than marketing hype, there's a shortage of evidence. And a $1k coating that still requires me to "wax" every year isn't worth it to me. Because I live on a dirt road (thankfully only a short stretch, but still), the majority of my washes are a pressure washer rinse, maybe a quick brush (soft) with foamy stuff, and a quick chamois dry. And even then that's not as often as I'd like. If I have to wax a couple of times a year anyway, I may as well just find a decent detailler and skip the "coating".
    There isn't really a shortage of evidence, though. Yes, there's a lot of marketing hype from people trying to cash in, but a ceramic coat isn't a panacea and it's not a magic bullet that means you never need to wash your car again. It's basically a sacrificial layer on top of your paint that allows you to keep it in better condition for longer than if it was just naked. Think of it like a reduced-rate full clear bra and it makes more sense.

Also, you shouldn't use a chamois to dry. Use a proper drying towel instead, and your paint will look better for longer. Mine is ~16 months old, but I've only ever washed it using a three-bucket method and it looks just as good as day one, with about 45km/day driven on the highway through all weather. I'm getting a ceramic coating done anyway to keep it that way.