Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: LED Headlights

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default LED Headlights

    Hey there,

    Im looking for a good place in the GTA to have LED headlight bulbs installed in my 13' 3. Any recommendations of places and wattage/size to go with? I have not checked the manual for the type of bulb the car even has yet lol.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Newbie GinZa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Etobicoke
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: LED Headlights

    Hey try teamsls. They are at Weston and finch area. https://www.teamsls.ca/

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Sponsor - GTA Retrofits
    Hyperion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,850
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 539 Posts
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: LED Headlights

    Don't do led lighting, it only provides extra forground lighting (which focuses your eyes infront of your bumper vs down the road, so not only can you not see into the distance, you're adding extra strain to your eyes to see).
    It also throws large amount of light (aka glare) into other vehicles, which can get you a ticket.
    Your best bet is to upgrade your halogen following this guide.
    https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/sho....php?t=1409801
    Other than that, a proper hid projector retrofit is your best option, however much more expensive.
    Here is a drop in retrofit kit: http://www.gtaretrofits.com/shop/hid...rofit-package/
    Modifications? I've forgotten more than I remember. Click here for the list.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hyperion For This Useful Post:

    spugenpower (03-19-2018)

  5. #4
    Sr Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,657
    Thanks
    3,327
    Thanked 991 Times in 670 Posts
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: LED Headlights

    +1 go to GTA retrofits.

  6. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: LED Headlights

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiewan View Post
    +1 go to GTA retrofits.
    Thanks so much guys! I will look into the info provided.

    Also different related question, should I see any problem fitting a 2018 GT rims on my 13' Skyactiv model?

    Thanks

  7. #6
    Sr Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,657
    Thanks
    3,327
    Thanked 991 Times in 670 Posts
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: LED Headlights

    Quote Originally Posted by markow202 View Post
    Thanks so much guys! I will look into the info provided.

    Also different related question, should I see any problem fitting a 2018 GT rims on my 13' Skyactiv model?

    Thanks

    Stock ride height or lowered?
    they will fit.

    Same hub size, same bolt pattern, similar safe offset - You wont have to roll fenders ect.

  8. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: LED Headlights

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiewan View Post
    Stock ride height or lowered?
    they will fit.

    Same hub size, same bolt pattern, similar safe offset - You wont have to roll fenders ect.
    Yup stock height. I thought so too but juuuust wanted to check.

    Thank you!

  9. #8
    Newbie herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: LED Headlights

    Is it possible to add HIDs in stock housing (gen1 M3 HB)?

    And if so, are there still the same drawbacks as LED e.g. glare, etc.?

  10. #9
    Member Ogata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,734
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: LED Headlights

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Don't do led lighting, it only provides extra forground lighting (which focuses your eyes infront of your bumper vs down the road, so not only can you not see into the distance, you're adding extra strain to your eyes to see).
    It also throws large amount of light (aka glare) into other vehicles, which can get you a ticket.
    Your best bet is to upgrade your halogen following this guide.
    https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/sho....php?t=1409801
    Other than that, a proper hid projector retrofit is your best option, however much more expensive.
    Here is a drop in retrofit kit: http://www.gtaretrofits.com/shop/hid...rofit-package/
    How does that differ to cars with built in LED strips?

    Will it work if you get the below with LED lights?

    https://www.amazon.ca/RCP-Anti-Flick...F7DTRM36H5QZ7Z
    2008.5 Metropolitan Grey Mica Mazda 3 GT Hatch with Luxury Package DONE: OEM LED Side Mirror Turn Signals | TM3 Decals / Plates | Axela Badge | 3M Scotchguard Film on Front Hood / Fenders | Solarguard Quantum Tints 37% Front 28% Back | Flipkey | JDM Rainguards | MS3 Rear Valence | Super White LED Interior / Trunk / License Plate Lights | Smoked LED Sidermarkers | Powdercoated Blue 18" OZ Ultraleggera Rims | Michelin Pilot Sport AS+ | Blue Calipers with Gunmetal Axela Decals | HID 6000K/3000K with Yellow Film Fogs | Hella Tones | Rally Armor Mudflaps | Powdercoated Gunmetal Xenon Expert Aluminum Pedals | Clear Reflectors | Carbon Fibre Rear Emblem Insert | Redline Elite Hood Lifts | Cross Drilled Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads | CP-E Tow Plate | Her: 2012 Sky Blue Mica Mazda 3 GS

  11. #10
    Sponsor - GTA Retrofits
    Hyperion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,850
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 539 Posts
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: LED Headlights

    My post was talking about your low beams, not any accent led lighting.
    That thing you linked to isn't relevant to anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogata View Post
    How does that differ to cars with built in LED strips?

    Will it work if you get the below with LED lights?

    https://www.amazon.ca/RCP-Anti-Flick...F7DTRM36H5QZ7Z

  12. #11
    Member Ogata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,734
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: LED Headlights

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    My post was talking about your low beams, not any accent led lighting.
    That thing you linked to isn't relevant to anything
    Oops my bad was talking about DRLs

  13. #12
    Sponsor - GTA Retrofits
    Hyperion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,850
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 539 Posts
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: LED Headlights

    Quote Originally Posted by Ogata View Post
    Oops my bad was talking about DRLs
    I know there's a harness to make leds work for drl/high beams, but I don't remember from where.

  14. #13
    Member Ogata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,734
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: LED Headlights

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    I know there's a harness to make leds work for drl/high beams, but I don't remember from where.
    They now make em with the canbus conversion but for my 1st gen I think I still need the harness BUT running at half voltage, don't think it will ever work..

    https://www.amazon.ca/RCP-Headlight-...=9005+led+bulb

Similar Threads

  1. LED headlights
    By speedvision3 in forum Lighting, Electrical & Security
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-26-2012, 03:18 PM
  2. Where to buy used headlights?
    By JayJay18 in forum Lighting, Electrical & Security
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 04:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •