Ride
    mazda 3 2.3l
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VTCS variable tumble control system failure

Hi guyz, first of all i wanna introduce myself since its my first post on this forum.

Im vincent from quebec, 29 yrs old i used to be a car mechanic for 4-5 years. Im still in the mechanic bussiness but im a technical advisor.
    I have a mazda 3 sport since 2012 and i got a mazdaspeed3 in 2016 i think. Im here because i want to share knowledge with some people and learn more about what others can bring to the table.

This post is about the VTCS solenoid valve that activate the butterflies in the intake manifold . Mine got in problem and gave me a engine code last year code 2006 intake runner stuck bank 1 . So i took this actuator out and tried to move the little plastic arms that move the butterflies in the intake. The little plastic arms was mostly seize it was hard to move so i shooted some lub in it, then move the plastic arm back and forth and it was finally able to move freely. But this year i wanted to change it so no more problem, the thing is i ordered it on eBay and im not sure if its a fake one .
    Because there is like a connector connection on it but without any metal pin to make the connection like a fake connector slot.. i dont remember if my vtcs is like that because my car is stored for the winter.

Can someone help me with that, like send me a picture or look at your vtcs if there is a real electrical connection pin on it . Please and thanks .

Vincent

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 643 Posts
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: VTCS variable tumble control system failure

People do VTCS deletes, you probably got a block off one rather than a real one.

- 2021 Porsche Macan GTS -
    - 2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport -
    - 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Black Mica - SOLD -

Ride
    2018 WRX Sport Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: VTCS variable tumble control system failure

I have a 2011 2.5L and it has the electrical connector on the little actuator solenoid I Deleleted the VTCS on mine and I cut part of the rod that the flaps are on and stuck it back into the actuator that had the electrical connection and plugged it all back in so it didn't throw a CEL I can take a picture later when the car comes back home its probably similar to your car.