Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alex's 15 GT

This is my 2015 Mazda3 GT.

I just picked up the Enkei rims from Simply Tire and had the calipers done there as well. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Next steps are sourcing the aero kit and getting that put on, but that might be next summer. I have some rally armor mud flaps and a Hella Supertone that I want to get in this summer as well. If anyone has any experience with that stuff hit me up!

Ride
    E92 335i
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,430 Posts
    Mentioned
    1008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Alex's 15 GT

Good start so far

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FD22 For This Useful Post:

justAlex13 (06-16-2018)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Update: Rally Armor mud flaps installed

Update time

I just got Rally Armor mud flaps from Nextmod.

Installation was as easy as the provided instructions made it out to be.

You definitely need to take off the rear wheels. I do not see how installation would be possible if they were left on. The instructions claim this is possible but I have a jack and didn’t mind taking the time to do it clean.

The front flaps went on very easily. **** these things in particular, thankfully you only use like 4 in the overall re-installation so if you have to destroy some (like I did) then it’s fine.

Like I said before, the rear flaps needed to go on after I took the wheels off. With the car on jack stands I was easily able to reach underneath the car and up through the rear bumper to mark where the pilot holes would go with the plastic weather shielding still installed on the car. This meant I had a good idea of where about the u-clip would be sitting and with a bit of measuring I got an ok fit for the first one and an exact fit on my second attempt. I would definitely recommend undershooting their quoted measurements by about a millimetre.

Overall not a bad install and I think it looks much better and the extra horsepower and torque is always nice

Here are the pics (also I noticed my other album got removed so I'll update with better shots when I talk to one of my friends with a DSLR:

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Alex's 15 GT

Hey guys I just got some Rally Armor mud flaps installed. I got them from Nextmod I just went in store and ordered them. They told me they would come in pretty quickly but it took like 1.5 months before I got them in hand. Overall I wouldn't say I was very impressed with service as I tried to talk to Kevin about ordering a body kit and window visors but he kind of just brushed me off and seemed busy.

Installation was as easy as the provided instructions made it out to be.

You definitely need to take off the rear wheels. I do not see how installation would be possible if they were left on. The instructions claim this is possible but I have a jack and didn’t mind taking the time to do it clean.

The front flaps went on very easily. Like I said before, the rear flaps needed to go on after I took the wheels off. With the car on jack stands I was easily able to reach underneath the car and up through the rear bumper to mark where the pilot holes would go with the plastic weather shielding still installed on the car. This meant I had a good idea of where about the u-clip would be sitting and with a bit of measuring I got an ok fit for the first one and an exact fit on my second attempt. I would definitely recommend undershooting their quoted measurements by about a millimetre.

Overall not a bad install and I think it looks much better and the extra horsepower and torque is always nice 👍

6. The Following User Says Thank You to justAlex13 For This Useful Post:

Jackal (02-24-2019)