Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 2018 MS3 GT PREM

  1. #1
    Noob JOKAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    MTL
    Ride
    2018 MS3 GT PREM
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up 2018 MS3 GT PREM

    I want to start out and say i looooove this car, it drives great and is so comfortable and the driver assist systems are well thought out. only 3 complaints.

    1. the stock dunlop tires that come with the car screeech like no tommorrow when slightly pushing it getting on the highway or shifting too fast. No grip
    2. Sometimes when i shift, i can be standing on the clutch pedal and the transmission feels like the synchros arent working properly because it will make a clink noise between gears
    3. Not being able to plot a point in my gps or the touch screen not working over 5km/h is very stupid

    It's also really funny when the radar in the front gets covered with sleet, the car says its soiled
    I always joke with the gf that my car soiled itself lmao

  2. #2
    Newbie shawnmcw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 2018 MS3 GT PREM

    Hiyas, i had that same issue with the sleet on the radar unit. I found a way to, although not prevent it completely, help it happen less. Since i use rain-x on my windshield, when i put a new coat on the windshield i also put one on the radar sensor that's on the front grill. That seems to make it more slick so stuff doesn't stick to it as much

    I have the 2017 3 sport GT btw and love it too

  3. #3
    Noob JOKAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    MTL
    Ride
    2018 MS3 GT PREM
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 2018 MS3 GT PREM

    Quote Originally Posted by shawnmcw View Post
    Hiyas, i had that same issue with the sleet on the radar unit. I found a way to, although not prevent it completely, help it happen less. Since i use rain-x on my windshield, when i put a new coat on the windshield i also put one on the radar sensor that's on the front grill. That seems to make it more slick so stuff doesn't stick to it as much

    I have the 2017 3 sport GT btw and love it too
    I wax crap outta mine all the time, i was wondering if i can protex it without it blocking the radar

  4. #4
    Newbie shawnmcw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 2018 MS3 GT PREM

    Quote Originally Posted by JOKAR View Post
    I wax crap outta mine all the time, i was wondering if i can protex it without it blocking the radar
    Since i use rain-x and put a new coat on every 3-4 months at the same time as i do the windshield the buildup of isn't enough to affect the radar. Since protex is a film as such it might be interesting to try as long as it can be removed if needed. If you try it though please keep us posted on the result because that might be an interesting method too

  5. #5
    Moderator natspriceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Maple, ON
    Age
    34
    Ride
    Vixxxen
    Posts
    987
    Thanks
    886
    Thanked 431 Times in 237 Posts
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 2018 MS3 GT PREM

    Quote Originally Posted by JOKAR View Post
    I want to start out and say i looooove this car, it drives great and is so comfortable and the driver assist systems are well thought out. only 3 complaints.

    3. Not being able to plot a point in my gps or the touch screen not working over 5km/h is very stupid
    Safety feature - if you are typing in an address then you are not paying attention to the road
    My Parents bought me more Hot Wheels than Barbies when I was little...

  6. #6
    Noob JOKAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    MTL
    Ride
    2018 MS3 GT PREM
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 2018 MS3 GT PREM

    I know but like at lease put it so if the passenger seat sensor senses someone it wont lock up or something. If it wasn't still in warranty i would've hacked it by now

  7. #7
    Noob JOKAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    MTL
    Ride
    2018 MS3 GT PREM
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 2018 MS3 GT PREM

    Quote Originally Posted by shawnmcw View Post
    Since i use rain-x and put a new coat on every 3-4 months at the same time as i do the windshield the buildup of isn't enough to affect the radar. Since protex is a film as such it might be interesting to try as long as it can be removed if needed. If you try it though please keep us posted on the result because that might be an interesting method too
    well im worried about rock chips on it too

  8. #8
    Newbie shawnmcw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: 2018 MS3 GT PREM

    Quote Originally Posted by JOKAR View Post
    well im worried about rock chips on it too

    Valid point about the rock chips but, so far at least, i have yet to get any on the sensor. Can't say the same for the bumper and front part of the hood though

    My next car will have some sort of film plus a deflector for sure to help against that

Similar Threads

  1. 2018 Mazda3 GS at
    By BlueMazda1 in forum Buying a Mazda3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2018, 02:25 AM
  2. 2018 CX-5 Skyactiv-D
    By SilentJay in forum Other Cars
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-09-2017, 07:33 AM
  3. 2018
    By GinZa in forum New User's Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-30-2017, 07:20 PM
  4. 2018
    By GinZa in forum Mazda3 General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2017, 05:19 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 10:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •