Thread: 2010 mazda 3 GT anti-freeze leak from one of the Coolant Reservoir hose

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2010 mazda 3 GT anti-freeze leak from one of the Coolant Reservoir hose

Hi, today I noticed there was anti-freeze leaks on my drive way and I traced the leak to one of the hose I highlighted in red in the pictures. When I wigged the hose from left the right I saw anti-freeze spraying out near the clamp (the hose cracked near the clamp connected to the radiator). I couldn't get my cell phone in there to take a picture. Is there a How-TO to replace this hose? Can I re-used the hose by cutting off the crack end and clamp it back on to the radiator? it seems still long enough. thanks.

https://ibb.co/htKRHK

https://ibb.co/cWzAcK

https://ibb.co/hPaBjz

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2010 mazda 3 GT anti-freeze leak from one of the Coolant Reservoir hose

no one can help me with this?

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2010 mazda 3 GT anti-freeze leak from one of the Coolant Reservoir hose

The 3rd picture is horrible, from your explanation, it sounds like the plastic on the rad has cracked. If this is the case, you probably need a radiator.
    1991 Nissan Pathfinder - trade in, 2005 Mazda 3 GX ty grey - Write off, 2010 Mazda 3 GT E sedan CWP- trade in, 2010 Speed 3 w/tech CWP - Up for sale (soon), 2007 Mazda 3 GS silver- motor swapped in to 2009 MS3 CWP that had blown engine, 2002 BMW 330ci silver- new winter ride, 2005 BMW M3- new toy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what you've posted, it wouldn't hurt to cut a bit off from the end if the rubber is soft and worn out causing the leak. You have to really make sure there is enough extra hose so that things are not taunt. The other suggestion is to change the clamp to one you can tighten down with a wrench which may stop the leak.

I'd also confirm what McGuyver_3 has said to make sure the leak is not from the plastic nipple otherwise you're probably better off replacing the rad if indeed you are talking about this area. The first pic is of the reservoir so not sure which end you're referring to or both.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoomZda View Post
    I saw anti-freeze spraying out near the clamp (the hose cracked near the clamp connected to the radiator).
    Can I re-used the hose by cutting off the crack end and clamp it back on to the radiator? it seems still long enough. thanks.

https://ibb.co/htKRHK
    [/URL]
    Last edited by SonicBoy; 09-19-2018 at 06:03 AM.