Thread: Want to get rid of my 2010 2.5 GS Hatchback - HELP / Suggestions 180K

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Want to get rid of my 2010 2.5 GS Hatchback - HELP / Suggestions 180K

Hi everyone,

I have a 2010 2.5 GS that I want to get rid of. She still drives but an engine light came on last week and now she's in Limp mode. I should probably just get her fixed but I have a new car so I've decided to move on.

Does anyone have any experiencing selling your mazda for parts / scrap? Does anyone know a shop that might buy it for parts? Everything is working fine. The airbags are all in there. Besides this engine light in the last week she's given me 8 great years of driving.

Also I have 16 inch Winter Tires on Allows bought from Simply Tire as well as a 17 inch set from Simply as well, although they have curb rash on the summer set is there. Thought I would mention in case anyone is interested I can provide pictures.

Any help / suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you
    Ash

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Want to get rid of my 2010 2.5 GS Hatchback - HELP / Suggestions 180K

What colour is it? Would be interested in the rear hatchback if parting out

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Want to get rid of my 2010 2.5 GS Hatchback - HELP / Suggestions 180K

Hello there, it's CWP. That said the hatch has a few small rust spots on it from bake dust over the years. I can take a picture if you would like. I'm not sure what you're looking to do with it. It also has ceramic tints which were done at Auto Links

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm.... any idea what code is? I'm looking for a not-too expensive third car.........................
    2008 Carbon Gray GT Sedan 5 Speed

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would also like a couple parts if you end up parting it out.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most scrap companies will only give you a few hundred. If you sell as-is, you'll get buyers offering you maybe $1000-1500 as they want the car at the lowest price to then fix it, or then try to re-sell at market and make some money.

The quickest way to get rid of the car would be to sell it as-is/scrap, but leaves you little money in your pocket.

If you have the space to keep the car, and the time to advertise, deal with the back and forth with buyers, spending time for people to come and pick up a few parts here and there, then parting out will certainly net you more cash. Then you can call a scrapper when you've had enough and still get a few hundred for it.

If you put the car up on jack stands, you could easily sell your winter and summer wheels and make more than what a scrapper will pay for the entire car.

It's up to you, comes down to time vs. money

Since you have a new car - is $300-$1500 worth it for you to just get rid of it and be done with it? Or, you can use the winter to part out and net much more

Good luck and congrats on the new car!
    Last edited by rajin929; 12-10-2018 at 09:58 AM.
    2007 Mazda 3 GS sedan - Arctic White / Tan cloth - SOLD
    2018 Tesla Model S 75D - Multi Coat Red

Thanks
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intrested in a part out if you decide to.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Messaged the OP and the car is no longer for part out

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rajin929 View Post
    Most scrap companies will only give you a few hundred. If you sell as-is, you'll get buyers offering you maybe $1000-1500 as they want the car at the lowest price to then fix it, or then try to re-sell at market and make some money.

The quickest way to get rid of the car would be to sell it as-is/scrap, but leaves you little money in your pocket.

If you have the space to keep the car, and the time to advertise, deal with the back and forth with buyers, spending time for people to come and pick up a few parts here and there, then parting out will certainly net you more cash. Then you can call a scrapper when you've had enough and still get a few hundred for it.

If you put the car up on jack stands, you could easily sell your winter and summer wheels and make more than what a scrapper will pay for the entire car.

It's up to you, comes down to time vs. money

Since you have a new car - is $300-$1500 worth it for you to just get rid of it and be done with it? Or, you can use the winter to part out and net much more

Good luck and congrats on the new car!
    This really summed it up. I ended up getting 500 for it, and since I didn't really have any where to keep it It just made sense to sell it for that price and be done with it.