Thread: New to the forum and questions re: suspension

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New to the forum and questions re: suspension

Hey guys , new to the forum and thought I'd drop in and say hello and introduce myself. I'm from canada (near Toronto) and I have recently purchased a speed3. Love it! Only had the car for a couple months and plan to track the car hopefully next year. So far I've gone from stock to complete stage 3 using mostly cobb bolt ons except for the turbo manifold and cpe hpfp and my fmic. I have couple questions regarding suspension though and need advice on a decent track/ daily set up if anyone can give me any suggestions
    Thanks guys, merry Christmas!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Abes1207 For This Useful Post:

S.F.W. (12-22-2018)

Ride
    Toyota Highlander Limited
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New to the forum and questions re: suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Abes1207 View Post
    Hey guys , new to the forum and thought I'd drop in and say hello and introduce myself. I'm from canada (near Toronto) and I have recently purchased a speed3. Love it! Only had the car for a couple months and plan to track the car hopefully next year. So far I've gone from stock to complete stage 3 using mostly cobb bolt ons except for the turbo manifold and cpe hpfp and my fmic. I have couple questions regarding suspension though and need advice on a decent track/ daily set up if anyone can give me any suggestions
    Thanks guys, merry Christmas!
    Basically you gotta compromise here. For a true track setup you would never want to drive it as a daily. If you're just looking for something that can be mostly a great daily but capable of periodic track days, then I have your suspension.

Bilstein B12 with either the Eibach Pro-Kit springs (what I have, picture attached) or the slightly lower Sport setup.

Personally I've been low before and it's a ****ing bitch to drive. The B12s have a great damping setup that isn't stupid and it was awesome at the track. One disadvantage is likely due to them being McStruts and using a fair amount of space (can cause clearance issues if you have camber plates up front or improper offset on your wheels).

If you just want bolt and go, I can highly recommend these.
    2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3, CWP
    Forged internals + GTX2871r
    // Build thread // Instagram: @sleepy.ms3

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New to the forum and questions re: suspension

Quote Originally Posted by shift8 View Post
    Basically you gotta compromise here. For a true track setup you would never want to drive it as a daily. If you're just looking for something that can be mostly a great daily but capable of periodic track days, then I have your suspension.

Bilstein B12 with either the Eibach Pro-Kit springs (what I have, picture attached) or the slightly lower Sport setup.

Personally I've been low before and it's a ****ing bitch to drive. The B12s have a great damping setup that isn't stupid and it was awesome at the track. One disadvantage is likely due to them being McStruts and using a fair amount of space (can cause clearance issues if you have camber plates up front or improper offset on your wheels).

If you just want bolt and go, I can highly recommend these.
    I run a bilstein shock setup as well. But use the swift spec R springs.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded