Thread: Another possible DRL bypass for HIDs

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Another possible DRL bypass for HIDs

Quote Originally Posted by -RJ3- View Post
    Thats nice to know... We already know about that, now flame elsewhere if you aren't helping with the bypass or I'll blind you with my HIDs!!!! SARC
    Very funny. Assuming you replaced your stock halogen projectors that blind people with proper HID projecter, designed for arc-discharge bulbs that control the light? Well you could tap into any other light source that comes on when the headlight switch is in the on possition. Signal bulb, tail light, dome light it doesn't matter. To stay legal, why don't you switch the fog lights with the head light if you have them, that way when you lower your handbrake you're DRLs still work and you solve your problem with the low voltage/flickering issue.

So you guys that don't run DRL, are you american now?.....don't forget not to signal your lane changes from now on.

peter
    Last edited by kenghk; 08-02-2007 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kenghk:

Just for your information...
    As of 2006, those holes in the shield were no longer there. As a matter of fact, those "bunny ears" were totally eliminated.

2nd, even if you did have the hole in the shield, have you seen the angle they shine up at? it is meant to illuminate OVERHEAD signs and the gap between them and the cut off is meant for the oncoming traffic. You think Mazda engineers are stupid and decided to make holes in the shield just to blind people? Just remember, from what you are saying, even with a regular halogen bulb, it will still be glare.

With all that aside, the projector housing of the Mazda3 provides more than sufficient cut-off and focus for HIDs. What about the old Lexus GS300? or the Infiniti I30/I35? or the pre-2004 Acura TL/CL? or heck, even the current Acura CSX? They are "OEM" HIDs, and I find them 10x more glaring than a Mazda3 with aftermarket HIDs.

After saying all that, I AM PROUD to say that I have HIDs equipped on my car. I love my aftermarket kit and I think it is one of the best modifications I have done to my car. The light is clear, the cut off is sharp and properly aimed.

With all due respects (and if anyone with an aftermarket HID kit disagrees with me, feel free to say so); don't be lecturing the members of this forum on the legality of HIDs.

If you are going to do that, you might as well lecture on how lowering your car is potentially illegal as well, or adding an exhaust, or a body kit, or changing the colour of your signals...

If you have seen as many Mazda3's as I have, and the proud owners of them on this forum, then you will see that there is NO issue with HIDs on the 3. Why don't you go over to the Civic club or the Golf club and lecture there. I'm sure they will make more use of your ranting than we will. You can even educate them on how to use a projector "designed for arch-discharge bulbs".

Mazda3 SOLD. Bye Bye XeBa

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same Mazda (you mean Stanley) engineers that designed the projectors to work with a halogen bulb? Different light source all together my man, bulb goes in sideways, NO hid system designed by engineers has the bulb go in sideways. Halogen lights are designed differently, they will glare with the amount of light a arc discharge bulb puts out, simple.

I didn't want to say it but it, but its' rice, no North American company even makes HID kits, no German company either. Don't get me started on white/blue turn signals, illegal and how rice that is.

visit, hidplanet.com/forums and you can educate yourself on how wrong and dangerous you are.

Pete

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well bash and bitch all you want, kenghk. I'm not going to waste anymore time with you. You aren't worth my time nor my energy.

Back on topic: HID Bypass.

donaldin:
    I haven't fully read this thread, but to answer your inital request on an introduction to DRL....
    DRl (Daytime Running Lights) on the 3 are controlled by a relay. Essentially, all you need to know is that the light output on the DRL vs. the Full low-beam is about half. On a normal halogen bulb that wouldn't make a difference. 1/2 power = 1/2 output.

However, HIDs are very much like a flourecent bulb. They require a certain power input to ignite, and a certain power input to remain on. The problem comes in play when you apple the DRL power to HIDs. Since HIDs have a discrete on or off level (unlike filiment bulbs that can be dimmed to any output), sending only 1/2 the power to the HID system would not be enough to have it run as it's supposed to. Depending on the way the kit was made, the light would either flicker or not ignite at all. This will damage the HID system in either case.

The whole point of the DRL bypass is to connect the HID kit to a constant power source that does not fluctuate in power. I believe the most common solutions to this problem is:

1) Connect the trigger of your HIDs to the side marker bulb (The light beside the lowbeam, not the one on the front fender), therefore whenever your marker is on, the HID is on; and replace the DRL with an Independent Fog Mod.

2) Swap the wiring from fog light and lowbeam, hence any light output meant for the lowbeam, not goes to the fogs, and the fog light switch controls the lowbeam.

I have to admit, I'm having some trouble explaining this in type. My suggestion to you is to come out to a meet, and ask some members who have HIDs to show you how they are wired and see first-hand. Then a lot more about DRLs and the bypass will make sense.
    Last edited by Xenon; 08-03-2007 at 12:15 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way i did it was after I retro'd a set to TSX DOT legal projectors into my 04, I switched the fog light power with the headlight power (used a wiring harness and off the shelf connectors to make the job easier) to keep my DRLs and stay 100% legal, not to mention I aimed them with 2 big guys sitting in the back so my lights would never shine too high no matter if i had passengers or not. OEM and legal HID always have some way to adjust teh light level up and down.

Peter

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kenghk View Post
    The way i did it was after I retro'd a set to TSX DOT legal projectors into my 04, I switched the fog light power with the headlight power (used a wiring harness and off the shelf connectors to make the job easier) to keep my DRLs and stay 100% legal, not to mention I aimed them with 2 big guys sitting in the back so my lights would never shine too high no matter if i had passengers or not. OEM and legal HID always have some way to adjust teh light level up and down.

Peter
    You're a funny guy, Pete. This coming from the same guy who had a Philips HID kit (with Hella ballasts ) in his car and then traded in his leased Mazda3 for an RX8 (or so he told me) and now is back to a 2007 Mazda3?

The same guy who tried to sell a damaged HID kit on Ebay and then went ballastic after Paypal did a charge back on him. Then tried to sell the same kit on Ebay again to another unsuspecting buyer?

Pete. You're a piece of work. Now you come on the forum, 3 years later and insult people who have HID kits installed?

Did you not once have an aftermarket HID kit installed on your Mazda3 (leased from Ontario Mazda)? Be careful on how you answer this one...I still have the emails you wrote to me three years ago.

Rob.
    2004 Mazda3 Sport GT|Winning Blue| OG 2.3L @ 450,000 km & counting

Ride
    Subaru BRZ
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaptor View Post
    You're a funny guy, Pete. This coming from the same guy who had a Philips HID kit (with Hella ballasts ) in his car and then traded in his leased Mazda3 for an RX8 (or so he told me) and now is back to a 2007 Mazda3?

The same guy who tried to sell a damaged HID kit on Ebay and then went ballastic after Paypal did a charge back on him. Then tried to sell the same kit on Ebay again to another unsuspecting buyer?

Pete. You're a piece of work. Now you come on the forum, 3 years later and insult people who have HID kits installed?

Did you not once have an aftermarket HID kit installed on your Mazda3 (leased from Ontario Mazda)? Be careful on how you answer this one...I still have the emails you wrote to me three years ago.

Rob.
    Burnnnnnnnn!!!!!!

Good one Rob!

Ride
    2015 Nissan Rogue
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll join ya flippy !

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Got Owned

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter
    Lawrence, I new you were gonna be on this thread like a fat kid at a candy store. LOL!

I would just like to say to everyone who has every flamed another. It is very easy to flame or insult people with words on a computer. Try to do it at a meet. If you really have something to say, say it to their face. I could be 6'-0 tall, big, with a temper. LOL! Actually, I'm only 5'7', small temper LOL! Do you guys see where I'm trying to go with this. LOL! I am not trying to single kenghk out. This is directed to each and every single person on the forum. A wise person once told me: "if you have nothing good to say, don't say it at all". There's my 2 cents.

N.B. -Got HID's and love'em. Best and latest mod. LOL!
    Last edited by Effin Itai; 08-20-2007 at 05:41 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember Rob, we were talking back and forth and I offered to show him how to install the kit and he got scared all of a sudden and said he called the cops on me...I still have those emails.

The guy that tried to install it sells kits and funny thing is he said mine was broken and sold him one of his own. I sold my kit back on eBay and got a positive out of it.

I hope I was careful how I answered that one. Offer's still on the table Robby.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember Rob, we were talking back and forth and I offered to show him how to install the kit and he got scared all of a sudden and said he called the cops on me...I still have those emails.

The guy that tried to install it sells kits and funny thing is he said mine was broken and sold him one of his own. I sold my kit back on eBay and got a positive out of it.

I hope I was careful how I answered that one. Offer's still on the table Robby.
    Pete, you are a world class gentleman. You should maybe get your facts straight. Funny how you never answered any of my questions above but instead you are trying to side track where this is going.

Thats fine. Your "offer to help" was more of a I'll come to Toronto to help you "mod" your car and that you'll teach me a lesson when I come back to my "native province of Quebec" (I'm not even French nor am I from Quebec). You were quite entertaining and I remember foiling your attempts on Ebay to resell the damaged kit. I guess there is a sucker for anything in his world especially on Ebay. Glad you finally got rid of the kit and ripped off another person in the process.

As for the "installer" who sells his own kit. Talk about being clueless...Sam Peng was the installer and a few people on TM3 have had their kits installed by him. They will also tell you that he DOES NOT sell his own HID kits. He simply told me to get a kit from either XenonDepot or XenonExpert...both companies that he has no invested interest in.

I have a XenonExpert Philips kit bought from Oliver so your made up story about my installer breaking your Ebay kit and then offering to sell me his kits...nada.

I know it must suck when you come into this thread acting all cocky and sh!t with your trash talking about aftermarket HID kits. Then the past comes back and haunts you and you have to keep your trap shut.

So Pete, you ever going to answer my questions I asked above? Or should we assume you once had an aftermarket kit installed in your Mazda3 you leased from Ontario Mazda? (Sorry for asking again but I can't trust anything that comes out your mouth, Mr "2004 Mazda3, 2005 RX8 and now 2007 Mazda3".

P.S: And about that cop thing. I guess I should let you in on what happened after 3 years now and I'll go nice and sloooww just incase you can't get it through that skull of yours.

Its simple, I wrote an email to myself (addressing the cops about you being a fraud). Got the email in my mailbox, clicked on Forward. Then I editted the TO: (found the email address of the nearest division to me), then forwarded the email to you. You got so scared and mad at me, you had no response but to swear at me.

So how far you want to take this Pete? You going to stfu in this thread and quit your bitching about aftermarket HID already or what?

EDIT: Spelling.
    Last edited by RedRaptor; 09-04-2007 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am here to protect the use of HID kits....it's a free country isn't it.

Regardless of what RedRover says and it's pretty hard to defend ones self on a forum because its here-say and all. I will make a new post on the subject and leave this one and return to my trap and forward this forum thread to the cops and shut my quebec and take it as far as you want to. I already offered to come see you once already rob and like back then , you're still a looser.

Pete

truckin' low
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am here to protect the use of HID kits....it's a free country isn't it.

Regardless of what RedRover says and it's pretty hard to defend ones self on a forum because its here-say and all. I will make a new post on the subject and leave this one and return to my trap and forward this forum thread to the cops and shut my quebec and take it as far as you want to. I already offered to come see you once already rob and like back then , you're still a looser.

Pete
    Before you forward all this info to the cops, perhaps you would like to construct proper sentences, and not come off like an idiot. It will make your case more credible.

-John

15. The Following User Says Thank You to midnightfxgt For This Useful Post:

geobur (11-12-2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

back on topic, Im waiting for my HIDS to come in and want to do the CHASER mod

WHAT exactly do I ened to purcahse so i can do the mod during my initial install?

Is the relay called "dual 87 relay" or is it somethign else?

what guage/how long of wire do I need?

do I need any taps?

Do I need to buy a fuse and or fuse block? ( to hold that 30A fuse I see in the diagram ? )

BASICALLY list in as much detail as possibe ( part numbers? ) so I know what to get when I go to the store !!

thanks SO much guys

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if i should open up a new thread or just ask my dumb question here.

I have a 07 Mazda 5 GT. Same lighting harness as the 04-06 mazda 3's, where the DRL are the low beams. There probably is a thread about this but i honestly can't find it nor do i have the patience. SO Please help. I don't want to run HID's because everyone runs HIDs + Yellow fogs these days and i'm sooo not a follower. So i just run yellow fogs and regular low beams...just to stay a little stock. Anyways. my question is. How do I change my DRL to my highbeams. So, when i'm driving in the daytime. My low beams are off and only my highbeam lights are ON. I'm planning to run yellow bulbs on my highbeams, i think it looks really nice with it as DRL's. That is all, please help. Its little , but it probably is a lot of work, and i'm willing to take the time to learn. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check out this thread:http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...ad.php?t=20069
    should be what you are looking to accomplish.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kinda understand how to do it, but the tabbing part im kinda lost. what do i use to actually tab the parking light, high beam, low beam. do i cut the wire, splice the wire, use a device where it clamps on to the wire and the other end it allows me to run the wire out to the relay? or do i put a wire INTO the socket? thats the only part that confuses me. its stupid, but yeah, i'm not smart enough to figure the easiest part of this.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you mean wire "tap"

Photographer for Street Concepts online magazine
    Kaption Audio show team
    The Lowerclass

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i got everything ready to go, i'm in the process of wireing everything onto the relay. 1 question. I was told that using 1 relay is better than two as it drains too much power which causes the fuse to blow. So i am only tapping wires on the passenger side atm. and running a second 87a wire to the highbeam positive. OR do i have to bring both parking light wire,low beam drl wire to the single relay and exit it with two wires to both highbeams for DRLs. thanks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Effin Itai View Post
    Lawrence, I new you were gonna be on this thread like a fat kid at a candy store. LOL!

I would just like to say to everyone who has every flamed another. It is very easy to flame or insult people with words on a computer. Try to do it at a meet. If you really have something to say, say it to their face. I could be 6'-0 tall, big, with a temper. LOL! Actually, I'm only 5'7', small temper LOL! Do you guys see where I'm trying to go with this. LOL! I am not trying to single kenghk out. This is directed to each and every single person on the forum. A wise person once told me: "if you have nothing good to say, don't say it at all". There's my 2 cents.

N.B. -Got HID's and love'em. Best and latest mod. LOL!

AMEN

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234