Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Floor Mats Compatibility 2010 and 2008

Hello,

I was wondering if 2010 Mazda 3 floor mats will fit in 2008. The advantage is that these come with four total anchor points for the front mats whereas the original only had one and only for the driver side. I already have the 3 extra plastic anchors and the original carpet came with the cuts pre-made to install them so the only barrier is the fit.

Here are the ones I would like to buy: https://ebay.us/XM5rwU

Thanks
    2008.5 Metropolitan Grey Mazda 3 GS with Sunroof

Ride
    Speed or S/O's 3 2.Slow
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Floor Mats Compatibility 2010 and 2008

Quote Originally Posted by GTVic View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if 2010 Mazda 3 floor mats will fit in 2008. The advantage is that these come with four total anchor points for the front mats whereas the original only had one and only for the driver side. I already have the 3 extra plastic anchors and the original carpet came with the cuts pre-made to install them so the only barrier is the fit.

Here are the ones I would like to buy: https://ebay.us/XM5rwU

Thanks
    Hello, Sorry to let you know that the floor shape is different between the 2 cars. I remember a number of years ago I helped someone deal with this issue. We ended up just getting him some extra grommets, and he made more holes in his floor mats, installed the grommets and the hooks into the carpet, and I believe it worked well.

That member happened to be this guy. @07carbon3

Current: 2012 Mazdaspeed3 Tech CWP
    Mods to Date:
    Custom Halo headlights, DRL delete, Kenwood DNX890HD, Kenwood KFC-3009 x2(12"), Kenwood 1800Watt Amp, LED interior lights, LED switchbacks, LED fogs.
    Previous:2012 Mazda 3 Sky-GS in CWP, 2012 16W Mazda 3 GT Hatch SOLD, 2010 CWP Mazda 3 GT Hatchback SOLD, 2009 Metropolitan Grey Mazda 3 GT Hatch SOLD, 2007 Carbon Grey Mica Mazda 3 GS Hatch SOLD

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Floor Mats Compatibility 2010 and 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Reddie1337 View Post
    Hello, Sorry to let you know that the floor shape is different between the 2 cars. I remember a number of years ago I helped someone deal with this issue. We ended up just getting him some extra grommets, and he made more holes in his floor mats, installed the grommets and the hooks into the carpet, and I believe it worked well.

That member happened to be this guy. @07carbon3
    Ok, thanks for the info and suggestion.

Any good sources for new mats for 2008? Dealer doesn't stock anymore. I want the carpet style not the all weather rubber ones.

This one looks good quality but they only show pictures of other vehicles: https://www.carid.com/2008-mazda-3-floor-mats/lloyd-ultimat-floor-mats-161195.html?parentsubmodel[]=SUBMODEL|Sedan

The one's I linked have good mats for the back that span the hump so they won't move around. But similar for 2008 are not to be found and others not good quality with the back mats being grey instead of black.

Technically all I need is the driver's mat.