Thread: 2014 Mazda 3 Big service

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2014 Mazda 3 Big service

Hello everyone,
    I bought this 2014 Mazda 3 brand new and only got one big service done once which was at 24k and the usual oil changes. Currently it has 75844 kms. I am due for oil change again and planning to get recommended services done which are:
    -Oil change
    -Tire Rotation
    -Engine Air filter
    -Inspect and clean brake disc and pads (front and rear)
    -Lubricate caliper rails/pins
    As you can see the mileage is pretty low for a 6 years old car. Now I would like to know do I also need to get following done:
    -Coolant [I know recommeded is 96k kms or 48 months but with such low kms do i need to get it replaced now?]
    -Replace transfer case oil? [not sure if this car required this to be replaced?]
    -Rear differential oil? [not sure if this car required this to be replaced?]
    Please mention if I am missing any other big service that needs to be done at this stage?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2014 Mazda 3 Big service

I think i am overdue for my coolant... im at 8 yrs and 249K.

Btw, the owners manual does provide an excellent guideline as to when & KM's you should replace fluids....
    As for interval i go by whichever comes first.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like a pretty standard service. get the brakes cleaned up. i mean you might even need some replacements at this point as well. but the car doesnt have a transfer case or rear diff. @kaboose
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmmorden View Post
    Costco = good cheap solution
    Just go to automotive and ask to see their nuts
    It's like a buck a nut

Noob
    Ride
    2015 Toyota rav4
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oil change and tire rotation for sure. Air filter if never done is probably about there. I usually visually inspect and replace as necessary. A dirty air filter won't hurt your engine, just reduce power a little. The rear brakes tend to seize on these cars (pads can stick) so that's a good idea. Coolant is only 96k if you're not using the dealer FL-22. If it's never been changed, you'll have that from factory. You do not have a rear differential or transfer case to worry about. That would be with an AWD vehicle such as a CX-5.

If you're driving a manual transmission, it is 'lubricated for life' and all that is necessary is checking for leaks. However, it's not to say that changing it is a bad idea. I like to do so somewhere around 100-150k kms. Having already done so, I can recommend going to a synthetic gear oil. The oil is 75W-80 GL4. A GL5 oil will not do, the specs are not backwards compatible. I was able to buy redline off Amazon and I'm very happy with it.

The same applies to an automatic except it should be flushed. Unfortunately you're pretty well stuck with the fluid from the dealer. The aftermarket fluids are usually multi-vehicle and aren't really any good.

Ride
    Audi Avant quattro 2.0T 6
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaboose View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I bought this 2014 Mazda 3 brand new and only got one big service done once which was at 24k and the usual oil changes. Currently it has 75844 kms. I am due for oil change again and planning to get recommended services done which are:

-Replace transfer case oil? [not sure if this car required this to be replaced?]
    -Rear differential oil? [not sure if this car required this to be replaced?]
    Please mention if I am missing any other big service that needs to be done at this stage?
    Thanks

A FWD doesn't have either a transfer case nor a rear differential. But, it has a transaxle - transmission differential axle - case. Even though Owner's Manual doesn't mention about replacing Transaxle case and Power Steering fluid at a given kms., I replaced both fluids at 80k km.

7S POWER

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zerogravity View Post
    Oil change and tire rotation for sure. Air filter if never done is probably about there. I usually visually inspect and replace as necessary. A dirty air filter won't hurt your engine, just reduce power a little. The rear brakes tend to seize on these cars (pads can stick) so that's a good idea. Coolant is only 96k if you're not using the dealer FL-22. If it's never been changed, you'll have that from factory. You do not have a rear differential or transfer case to worry about. That would be with an AWD vehicle such as a CX-5.

If you're driving a manual transmission, it is 'lubricated for life' and all that is necessary is checking for leaks. However, it's not to say that changing it is a bad idea. I like to do so somewhere around 100-150k kms. Having already done so, I can recommend going to a synthetic gear oil. The oil is 75W-80 GL4. A GL5 oil will not do, the specs are not backwards compatible. I was able to buy redline off Amazon and I'm very happy with it.

The same applies to an automatic except it should be flushed. Unfortunately you're pretty well stuck with the fluid from the dealer. The aftermarket fluids are usually multi-vehicle and aren't really any good.
    Yup
    I did a redline gear oil at 200k.
    When i had the coolant replaced i did do Liqui Moly radiator flush and when with fresh FL22. I also replaced OEM rad hoses with silicone obx from ebay.