Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Coin-Op Carwash

Quote Originally Posted by blackman View Post
    Burlington:
    2. Appleby line just north of the QEW there is a new Car Care Center with bays, detail shops, wax shops, tint shops... everything you need to baby your car.
    That place is the $hit, been there a couple times, they have have all kinds of equipment and options.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolColombian View Post
    That place is the $hit, been there a couple times, they have have all kinds of equipment and options.
    Just wait until you move this way. Every weekend you'll find yourself there. It is the best place!!!!

Ride
    Mazda 6
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. Will do for sure!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if anyone is around that area, but Guelph has a very sweet one just off of Gordon St., south of Stone Rd.

It's even got those tri-colour "wax" foam that comes out of the nozzle in the Sunoco ecowash's!

best of all... $9 gives you 1/2 hour of unlimited use.

Mazda3 SOLD. Bye Bye XeBa

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cambridge - take hiway 24 exit off 401 and go towards right (eastbound) left( westbound) at eagle street turn right...you'll pass by the dodge dealership and the toyota dealership and inbetweent the toyota and nissian dealership there is a driveway for a coin op wash...$6 gets you 20 minutes and it has numerous options...ie, pre rinse, pre sopa, soap brush, rinse, spot dry rinse, wax, tire cleaner, etc.... place also has free vacuums and also if your in a hurry there is also a drive through car wash there as well....works quite well i go there myself..

kitchener - block line and homerwatson. at the gto gas station

waterloo - king st by conestoga mall. huge gto station you literally can't miss it. home depot and lcbo on the corners.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dsichewski View Post
    waterloo - king st by conestoga mall. huge gto station you literally can't miss it. home depot and lcbo on the corners.
    That one is VERY VERY nice , ive been to it multiple times with my buds .
    2011 BMW M3
    2015 VW Golf TDI
    2013 Chev Silverado

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chinsterr View Post
    That one is VERY VERY nice , ive been to it multiple times with my buds .
    I haven't been there since its like almost 25 minutes from my house. lol I just know its there. lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    I don't know if anyone is around that area, but Guelph has a very sweet one just off of Gordon St., south of Stone Rd.

It's even got those tri-colour "wax" foam that comes out of the nozzle in the Sunoco ecowash's!

best of all... $9 gives you 1/2 hour of unlimited use.

Xenon, Are you from Guelph? I go to that place all the time...good value

Ride
    2016 Subaru WRX
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolColombian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by b View Post
    Just wait until you move this way. Every weekend you'll find yourself there. It is the best place!!!!
    I am there more or less every other weekend! However this past weekend when i was there, not so great! It left a nasty "film" after i used the bug/tar remover (not doing that again). I have used quite a few coin-op's though and this one is the best!

side note: If you get your servicing done at Burlington Mazda, they give you a FREE coupon on your bill for the wash-bay inside (also very good)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a couple coin-op wash bays here in Ottawa as well...
    I usually pay $3 to do an initial rinse of the car...I'll bring with me my two buckets and wash mitts and fill those up using the spray.
    After rinsing I'll drive out of the bay (or even stay in if it's the vening and it's not busy) and I'll hand wash the car.
    After I'm done hand washing the car I can either drive back in and pay another $3 to rinse if I used regular soap, or if I used No Rinse wash I proceed to dry.

That's it. It's handy when your not at your house or out of town in between shows.
    I still prefer to be at home with my pressure washer and garage.
    I can take as much as I want to clay and wax after.
    However if you live in an apartment and looking for a good way to do this from a wash bay... it not that bad.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I searched thru this thread but could not find much from Scarborough. Does anyone have a reccomendation for a good coin-op in East Scarborough?

X
    Xavier

2007 Mazda 3 Touring Edition

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought I'd update...I passed a coin-op while shopping today...just north of Ellesmere on Victoria Park on the East side...

I can't seem to find any in the Bayview/Sheppard area though.

Quote Originally Posted by Iturralde View Post
    I searched thru this thread but could not find much from Scarborough. Does anyone have a reccomendation for a good coin-op in East Scarborough?

X
    Crystal White Pearl 2008.5 Mazda 3 Sport GT w/ moonroof

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RANT!

The weather was nice yesterday and so I decided to drop by the nearest coin-op and do a quick wash. My friend suggested me to use the ****ing foam brush to remove the layer of dirt and so I did. After washing the car, I can see all these brake dust residue STUCK on my car. Just picture this, little black dots on a CWP GT. MAN WAS I PISSED. I really hope that it didn't scratch the car... man it's a b*tch to remove those little black dots.

Never again will I do the same thing at coin-ops. A lesson learned but the price is too much to pay for.

/RANT
    2008.5 Crystal White Pearl Mazda 3 GT Sedan w/ Luxury Package

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Never EVER use the brushes...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? Never thought it would cause that much trouble...good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by kaval View Post
    ^Never EVER use the brushes...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah brushes are evil... you don't know where they've been and most likely have been used by some mudded up trucker or whatever.. you'll just end up scraping someone else's dirt alongside your car.

2008 Mazdaspeed3, Cosmic Blue Mica,
    Cobb SRI, Buddy Club Condenser, TWM SS w/ Bushings, Turbosmart BPV, StreetUnit Motor Mount.
    PSI Tuning ECU Flash

Ride
    2012 Mazda 3
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it means anything. I've used the brushes from the coin-ops I frequent. (I only stick to the same ones). So far so good. No scratches or black-dotting that I can notice. Car is going on 6 years and still looks pimp.

I blast the brush for a good 30 seconds BEFORE using it though, with the same pressure washer that I will use on the car, to loosen the dirt and dust/rocks/mud or anything else that can be trapped in the bristle.

Of course, the safest way is to bring a sponge/bucket and do it yourself, but most coin-ops don't allow you to do that. Or you can do it in your driveway (if you have one).

Just wanted to give you my personal experience, since I haven't had a negative effect from using a coin-op brush.
    Frankie Snips | Westside | 2012 Mazdaspeed 3 | 2016 Mazda 3 | DOP3

Ride
    2011 Subaru Forester
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stopped using the brush's long ago, even if they are clean I find they still swirl the hell out of you clear coat. You might not notice on lighter colours but my old black car pretty much every time I gave in and used the brush it left more noticeable swirls. That's a good idea to spray the brush down but I still find the material they use to make those brush's is definitely not non-abrasive. Plus unless your rinsing the brush down after every panel on the car you are probably spreading more fine dirt all over the vehicle. If you keep your car properly waxed and maintained your should be able to clear most dirt away with just the pressure washer and then hand wash when you really need to get some serious dirt off.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

North east corner of College & Lansdowne. 4-5 bays. Went there tonight for the 1st time. Just did a quick rinse w/out pressure. Next time I'll go through each of the steps as listed on the poster hanging from the wall. Soap, rinse, wax, rinse again etc. $2 for 3 minutes (or maybe it was 2 minutes). Convenient for all downtown dwellers. 24 hrs.
    '08 Cosmic Blue Mazdaspeed 3...Sold

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'v ehit the coin-ops a few times, and it's definitely NOT worth the trouble in the summer times...hehe...when it's so hot outside, by the time I've cleaned the car, I need a shower myself and I have to sit my sweaty ass back into my clean car...

Before it got hot tho, I did prefer doing this myself to examine the car...

I've been to one on Dundas West past Lansdowne (I think) and it's pretty clean and new...I reallyl iked the RainX rinse and I can attest that it does work...for a little while...

I usually end up spending $6 - 8...so with the effort and time factored in, a touchless car wash for $10 - 12 isn't so bad...

MSpeed Tuning & Diagnostics - The Street Lab is always OPEN FOR BUSINESS
    All Powder & Ceramic Coating @ Quy's Coating . Tires and Wheels @ Simply Tire . Wraps by mleblond @ Seche Media . Dyno'd @ Advance Power House . Professionally Serviced by Jimmy @ Street Performance . Signature Pic by PCLoadLetter . Street Tuned by myself .
    "It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One Level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -- Mario Andretti

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right. The touchless washes are very good. I've always gone to Esso touchless stations until last night. Another benefit is the automatic drying process at the end. I didn't have any towels to dry my ride so I bet it's full of water stains. I'll check it out later on tonight.

I'll probably continue using both methods. I'll allow my mood to decide which to use on any given night.

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2008 View Post
    I'll probably continue using both methods. I'll allow my mood to decide which to use on any given night.
    I hear you...cuz I love washing my car...when I had a driveway to work on the car, I would wake up early and spend 4 hrs doing the car (not the MS3)and love every minute of it...just can't enjoy it like that at a coin-op, and I'd like for someone to prove me wrong!

I've been to one of the bleeding edge tech with under wash and stuff before, and it was also $2 for 3min...they're cool too! hard to find around the city tho...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I'm not too sure about coin-ops anymore. Went to check out the after effects of my wash job and it looks like a disaster...like one of those flooded cars. There are water stains everywhere + lots of dirt stuck on the paint. It's my fault though b/c I didn't dry my car or use high pressure, or soap, or wax. I guess I'm too lazy or just apprehensive about the whole process. Touchless washes are suddenly very appealing again.

Sponsor

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering if there are any other Indoor Coin Operated Car Washes in the GTA. I read abou the one at Hwy7 and Kennedy and want to know if any others exist.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leungly View Post
    I was wondering if there are any other Indoor Coin Operated Car Washes in the GTA. I read abou the one at Hwy7 and Kennedy and want to know if any others exist.

Thanks.
    There's a new one on Kingston Rd just west of Eglinton. Looks pretty good. And yeah theres the one on Victoria Park just south of Ellesmere.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast