Thread: Mazda 3 2.0 Radiator Replacement Time

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mazda 3 2.0 Radiator Replacement Time

Is Mazda FL 22 Radiator Water Should I Replace Radiator Water After Two Years?It's been about two years now, but the car has been around for about 4000miles.Should I replace the radiator with water in our area Radiator water (FL22) is not found and is very scarce?

Ride
    ZX-6R
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda 3 2.0 Radiator Replacement Time

If temperatures never reach freezing you can use just distilled water. However, if temperatures do reach freezing, you absolutely need some antifreeze to prevent damage to the block. You don't have to use Mazda FL-22 but you need to use an equivalent one to prevent damage to the cooling system.
    2011 MAZDASPEED3 Hypnotic Tuned - Rob
    CPE HPFP - CPE Catted Downpipe - CPE Catback Exhaust - 3" ETS TMIC - Cobb RMM - AEM Boost Gauge & Vent Pod - CANBus Triple - Corksport BPV - Corksport hood strut - Corksport RSB - Corksport Short Shifter - HTP 3.5" Intake - Damond TMM - Damond Vented CC - Vented Oil Cap - Tokay v2 Seals - GTX3067R - Damond PCV Plate - Built Engine (Manley Rods, 88mm Supertech 4032 Piston) -

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Polish_Eagle For This Useful Post:

mehdi727 (03-07-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mehdi727 Test your coolant first to see if its still good. At 2yrs/4k it should be good since it is supposedly good for 5-10yrs. Try to find 'Test-strips' at any parts place or you can buy them online. They test for acidity of the coolant.

You should never use just water, as the coolant also helps in other ways such as preventing corrosion throughout the cooling system.

Use distilled water only, and any extended life coolant.

_3

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Flagrum_3 For This Useful Post:

mehdi727 (03-07-2020)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is little water, just add distilled water.In Iran, the car is very expensive Mazda 2.0 liters AT $ 40000 price so I have to have a lot of obsession with keeping the car.
    When we want to turn on the car, press the start button first to start the power behind the ampere or then start directly or is it different؟
    Is the car moving when the air conditioner switches on to the air conditioner?

Ride
    ZX-6R
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh boy, don't know what I was thinking when I wrote my above comment, it must have been a rough morning.. lol

Flagrum_3 is definitely correct about using coolant. Just to add to this, you still need to watch out which coolant you buy as some can react negatively in the cooling system and cause damage to seals. The big reason to use coolant is because it has a higher boiling point than just water and also a lower freezing point.

When you buy coolant it'll say if it's compatible with Mazda's.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DO NOT CHANGE THE COOLANT OR DO ANYTHING TO IT
    Factory fill FL22 is good for 10 years or 192000km!!

When you need to replace it, buy it at the dealer... many countries, it is hard to find generic coolant compatible with FL22... the bottle will say if you need to add water or not... many countries, FL22 is sold with no water needed, so you need to buy about 8 litres of FL22

If you had read your owners manual, you wouldn't had needed to ask this question
    2005 Mazda3 SP23 hatchback (auto)
    2016 Mazda3 Sport GT (auto)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMAN View Post
    DO NOT CHANGE THE COOLANT OR DO ANYTHING TO IT
    Factory fill FL22 is good for 10 years or 192000km!!

When you need to replace it, buy it at the dealer... many countries, it is hard to find generic coolant compatible with FL22... the bottle will say if you need to add water or not... many countries, FL22 is sold with no water needed, so you need to buy about 8 litres of FL22

If you had read your owners manual, you wouldn't had needed to ask this question
    ... I just replaced my coolant too (over due at 8years/ 250K ) and got FL22 for mazda dealer and used TM3 discount (10% off).
    Used a radiator flush (Liqui Moly) before replacing with FL22 and Flagram mentioned to replave thmerostat at the same time.
    I went a little bit more and replaced all rubber radiator hoses with silicone hoses (found a great black friday deal) ..
    You know when you around that 150-200 K you should consider replacing the ac/alternator pulley belt ... only have one belt...
    And spark plugs too ...