Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Howz everyone doing during this corona virus?

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Howz everyone doing during this corona virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post
    What did you use when polishing? Machine polish or hand, and if machine what pads and stuff did you use?

I'm planning on doing a complete detail, buff, and wax on my 3 this year to mark her 15th birthday. : )

_3
    https://3dproductscanada.com/

So back in the day they had an HD polisher similar to a porter cable that's what I use now its a dual action polisher which I think goes up to 6000 rpm or 6 is the highest speed with a 5.5 inch pad and I use there pads
    Heavy Cutting Yellow
    Polishing/Cutting Green
    Pad Application Red

Chemicals I use for polish HD adapt which is now 3D ONE Hybrid Compound and Polish ( which I have ordered as my adapt is almost finished)
    which I will then use either Collinite 845 wax or Jescar powerlock plus sealer and then the collinite 1 or 2 coats.

if I am just doing a quick wax one step I use 3D Speed - All-In-One Polish & Wax which I still find I put a coat of Collinite on top of anyway. just adds a bit more slickness. plus ( 2 coats of wax)

I have and do use from time to time 3D Poxy which is also a good wax some times I will do a coat of Collinite and top it with that. but I do find I use this more now on painted rims. seems to hold up well to brake dust.

then its just a matter of how bad the car is. do I use the yellow pad and polish, or green pad and polish. so on the Mazda / Jeep as I didn't do much with it last year, maybe 1 clay bar and it got wax once, with the baby on the way then and stuff still going on in the house there wasn't much car time, and my father in law picked up the black stang im doing now so I wanted to make sure that had a good clay bar and coat of wax out the gate because his at the time more so lack of detailing I didn't want the paint scuffed or marred. now he has a whole chemical guys set up for this thing so he has started to enjoy the detail and years of listing to me he understands more what to do.

so with my 2 cars in not as best they have been shape I did use the Yellow pad and polish on both, with lots of blow outs of the pads and sometimes I would do half the car stop. wash the pad and get back to it. get everything out of it, ( jeep has 96,000k and the mazda about 220,000k)

The mustang being in better shape and with only 8,000 k and a good wash year I went the lighter approach with the green pad and polish, there were some areas. spot on the hood, lower bumper. rear fender "hips" and the lip spoiler I had to add a bit of rubbing compound with the polish and in the 1 step it came out beauty. so now that the whole car is polished, tomorrow I will dust it and give it a wipe down with some final touch spay ( clay lube, also a 3D product ) and then I will add the Sealer then remove let it sit a day. next day add the wax then remove, let it sit a day add one more coat / remove and in 24-48 hours after everything has cured and set up shes ready to go back out.

the reason for that is they do advise 12-24 hours for the wax to cure before going out and getting wet so if it is dry out all the power to take it out but with no where to go it can sit in the garage.

if you have any questions ask away!
    Last edited by Booter22; 04-22-2020 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmmorden View Post
    Costco = good cheap solution
    Just go to automotive and ask to see their nuts
    It's like a buck a nut

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Booter22 For This Useful Post:

Flagrum_3 (05-19-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12