Thread: Marker Lights are staying on

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Marker Lights are staying on

So.. I have been detailing my car the last few days. haven't done anything I would say different from all of the other times. vacuum, polish wax etc, only thing I did which I haven't done in ages was polish the headlights on the car ( as best as I could) so 2 days ago ,I went in rolled the windows down ( didn't start the car ) turned the key off everything was fine, didn't notice any interior lights on or anything strange. yesterday I went to start the car dead. no juice. so I tried a charger pack. nothing it wouldn't go into any mode but 13.6watts or 5v which it said was for tire inflators and what not it gave it a second of power for the cluster to flicker and that was it. nothing else happened, so had a town truck come by after a few minutes of letting it charge it started. YAY thought we were done..

well no. now the front and rear marker lights are staying on after the key is out and the car is off, only way to turn that off ( in the front was to disconnect the headlight main wiring harness ) or disconnect the positive terminal. I have checked fuses, including the one off the battery and they look ok. removed and put back in the relays and makes no difference, I cant think of anything I did out of the norm that I have done before that would have caused this, like I said I just rolled the windows down the other day and the car started fine the day before that. used the charger to fully charge the battery over night, left the terminals disconnected to power down any computers or modules, and still doing it.

so I have No clue and just wondered if anyone has come across this or has happened to anyone before. as a note everything else works fine, headlights, drls, high beam, brake lights. reverse, the car was in the garage and it was warmer in there, we have no mice in the garage. Yes im sure there are no mice believe me.

anyone have any other thoughts or suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmmorden View Post
    Costco = good cheap solution
    Just go to automotive and ask to see their nuts
    It's like a buck a nut

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Marker Lights are staying on

well, as an update and pretty sure I already did it but I was pulling some light fuses again when I got the car outside. fog light fuse. boom out goes the lights so I believe it is the relay which I think is on the passenger side near the splash shield, so when im at work ill have a look, but so far lights are out at least I have HIDS if I cant ever get the fog lights working wont be the end of the world.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Marker Lights are staying on

Quote Originally Posted by Booter22 View Post
    well, as an update and pretty sure I already did it but I was pulling some light fuses again when I got the car outside. fog light fuse. boom out goes the lights so I believe it is the relay which I think is on the passenger side near the splash shield, so when im at work ill have a look, but so far lights are out at least I have HIDS if I cant ever get the fog lights working wont be the end of the world.
    I remember something similar on my 1st gen from years ago. I had a short in some LED sidemarkers, and it killed my fogs.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded