Thread: 2021 MAZDA3 TURBO: REFINED PERFORMANCE

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2021 MAZDA3 TURBO: REFINED PERFORMANCE

The launch of the fourth-generation Mazda3 stirred emotions with its bold yet sophisticated styling. Renowned as the World Car Design of the Year, fans were captivated by its mature interpretation of Kodo design. But some asked for more power, and Mazda listened. Mazda Canada Inc. (MCI) today announced the addition of the turbocharged Skyactiv-G 2.5 T engine to the 2021 Mazda3 powertrain offering.

Connected and engaging driving dynamics mean road trips are no longer just for special occasions. Each experience in the 2021 Mazda3 Turbo feels more pronounced and spirited. The Skyactiv-G 2.5 T engine will deliver an impressive 250 horsepower and 320 lb-ft of torque with premium (93 octane) fuel or a solid 227 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque with regular (87 octane) fuel. This engine is specifically calibrated for the Mazda3 to deliver the unique driving dynamics expected by our most passionate drivers. The evolution of Mazda’s turbo engine brings a sense of refinement befitting the brand’s recent updates to the i-Activ all-wheel drive (AWD) system. The high torque characteristic of the Skyactiv-G 2.5 T paired with the predictive i-Activ AWD create harmony with the driver’s intentions – delivering greater responsiveness and confidence.

The Skyactiv-G 2.5 T engine is available on the Mazda3 GT and Mazda3 Sport GT and comes standard with Apple CarPlayTM and Android AutoTM, Bose® 12-speaker premium audio, 8.8-inch large centre display with Bluetooth® hands-free phone and audio, two front USB inputs and Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry. Complementing the feel of refined performance, heated leather-wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters, leather-wrapped shift knob, leather-trimmed seat upholstery, heated front seats, and aluminum speaker grilles are also standard on the GT Turbo models. Other premium interior features include power moonroof, dual-zone climate control, 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with memory function, exterior mirrors linked with memory seat function, navigation, and SiriusXM Traffic Plus and Travel Link® services with complimentary 5-year trial subscription. To encourage peace of mind, the Mazda3 GT Turbo includes standard i-Activsense safety technologies such as Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) with stop and go function, Smart Brake Support (SBS), Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring (ABSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA), Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) with Lane-Keep Assist (LAS), Driver Attention Alert (DAA), Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS) and High Beam Control (HBC). Exclusive to the turbo offering are larger tailpipes, 18-inch black aluminum alloy wheels, gloss black heated door mirrors, and “TURBO” badge on the trunk and engine cover. The Mazda3 GT Turbo sedan also features a gloss black front grille and sleek lower front bumper decoration.

Further supporting driving confidence, the available top-tier Premium Package for the 2021 Mazda3 GT Turbo introduces all-new i-Activsense safety technologies: Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) enhances Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) by providing steering inputs at speeds under 65 km/h (40 mph); Smart Brake Support Rear (SBS-R) with Smart Brake Support Rear Crossing (SBS-RC) will automatically apply the brakes when the vehicle is in reverse, if an obstacle or a crossing vehicle is detected. The 360° View Monitor with front and rear parking sensors is now available on the Mazda3 with high-definition digital clarity. These advancements in safety technology build upon other features such as Mazda’s Active Driving Display head-up unit and Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS), which help the Mazda3 stand out among entry-level premium vehicles. The Premium Package also includes driver’s side auto-dimming exterior mirror, exterior mirrors with reverse tilt-down function, front wiper de-icer, and frameless auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink® wireless control system.

In addition, the recently announced Mazda3 100th Anniversary Edition will also be powered exclusively by the Skyactiv-G 2.5 T engine, combining the unique heritage-inspired look of Snowflake White Pearl exterior and Garnet Red interior with the refined performance the Mazda3 Turbo. The 100th Anniversary Edition models will include all equipment from the GT with Premium Package and takes it one step further to create a unique and limited offering for fans of the brand who would like to be part of our 100-year celebration. Exclusive components featuring our 100th Anniversary Special Logo are featured on both the exterior and interior of the commemorative models.

Unique features

Floor mats featuring unique 100th Anniversary badging
    Headrests embossed with 100th Anniversary logo
    Key fob embossed with 100th Anniversary logo
    Wheel-centre caps featuring 100th Anniversary logo in colour
    100th Anniversary commemorative badge on front fender
    Floor carpet in red
    The 2021 Mazda3 GT Turbo is expected to arrive in dealerships by the end of this year.

The 2021 Mazda3 can also be equipped with two naturally aspirated engine options; the Skyactiv-G 2.0 engine or an available Skyactiv-G 2.5 engine with optional i-Activ AWD. The naturally aspirated 2021 Mazda3 offerings will be arriving in dealerships next month. More details can be found in its upcoming pricing and packaging press release.

Pricing can be found here: https://www.mazda.ca/en/inside-mazda/2021-mazda3-turbo/

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2021 MAZDA3 TURBO: REFINED PERFORMANCE

All well and nice. The new 3 with a turbo is a good start, but until they offer a standard transmission I think sells will still be mediocre.

Just my personal opinion.

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear it that the 3 will be out with a Turbo and i say great.
    But only 250 HP from the 2.5 L but alot of torque but only AWD .
    i wonder how much HP at the wheels

Ride
    Honda CBR600F4i
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, the people excited for a Turbo AWD want it in manual. If it's not available, they'll go with another brand.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"standard transmission" is now automatic transmission, on many cars
    it's now better and more accurate to say "manual transmission"
    2005 Mazda3 SP23 hatchback (auto)
    2016 Mazda3 Sport GT (auto)

Ride
    2021 CX-30 GT Turbo
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post
    All well and nice. The new 3 with a turbo is a good start, but until they offer a standard transmission I think sells will still be mediocre.

Just my personal opinion.

_3
    I think Mazda's is going for volume and manuals don't sell well anymore. But there are already good options, like the Civic Type-R, Veloster N, Golf GTI/R.