Thread: 2005 Mazda 3 Car Alarm

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2005 Mazda 3 Car Alarm

Having an ongoing issue with car alarm going off whenever it wants to. It appears to be in one of the door / hood switches. Have disconnected the hood switch and it still goes off. That only leaves 4 door switches and the hatch. Left it at the dealer for 3 days and of course it never went off so they are unable to determine which switch is defective. Any thoughts out there....do not want to disconnect the horn. Also do not want to pay for 5 new switches which would require door panel removal.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2005 Mazda 3 Car Alarm

Not sure if it applies to your situation
    2012 Mazda 3 ... I had my car alarm go off and then 15 mins later again for like 6 times .
    It have been parked for a few days before it started sounding off .
    I took apart my FOBs , cleaned and retighted the contact points (maybe fobs were shorting)
    and I took the car for a good 1 hr 1/2 drive (maybe low battery)
    Has not sounded off since.
    Who knows , maybe moisture in the switches messing things up.
    Earthquake that day... I didnt feel anything
    Rumbulls from trucks and bulldozers nearby construction
    Or my baby just wanted some TLC cuz she hasnt driven in days.....

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem has been an issue for almost 10 years off and on. It can go for a year plus without going off and then all of a sudden...... And it does not care where the FOB is....I can be 10 miles away and someone will call me to say the alarm is sounding. I'm sure its a door switch but expensive to change all of them and not entirely sure that's the issue. But I still luv my 15 year old car with 275,000 kms on it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im at 360,000 Kms
    My first thought would rust affecting the switches or they are defective.
    Why not disconnect the switches in the doors ?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So here's an interesting observation that I just thought of after watching a You Tube video on a Ford alarm. I was led to believe that there was an alarm sensor on all 4 doors, the hood and rear hatch. With the car running the door ajar light comes on the dash when I open each door. For the hood which appears to have a switch on it and the rear hatch there is no ajar dash light when I open them. Hmmmmmm.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intruder1500 View Post
    So here's an interesting observation that I just thought of after watching a You Tube video on a Ford alarm. I was led to believe that there was an alarm sensor on all 4 doors, the hood and rear hatch. With the car running the door ajar light comes on the dash when I open each door. For the hood which appears to have a switch on it and the rear hatch there is no ajar dash light when I open them. Hmmmmmm.
    So I'll throw this request out to anyone on the forum who has a 2005 hatchback.....does your door ajar dash light come on when the car is running and only the rear hatch is open?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@intruder1500 -If I remember too, I'll check it out tomorrow.

_3

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks....just to remind make sure all other doors are closed. I didn't think about that the first time I checked mine....ha ha!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intruder1500 View Post
    Thanks....just to remind make sure all other doors are closed. I didn't think about that the first time I checked mine....ha ha!
    Okay just checked it out, the door ajar light does NOT come on with the hatch open and all doors closed, car running or not.

_3

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post
    Okay just checked it out, the door ajar light does NOT come on with the hatch open and all doors closed, car running or not.

_3
    Okay...thanks for checking it out. I'll continue to work on my alarm problem.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the stock alarm will go off, when any of the doors are opened, even the trunk or hatch... the hood does have a sensor, and the alarm will go off if the hood is opened as well

if your car previously had the door lock recall, it might have gotten the alarm shock sensor upgrade installed, behind the passenger side kick panel... they do go bad from time to time, and they just need to get replaced
    2005 Mazda3 SP23 hatchback (auto)
    2016 Mazda3 Sport GT (auto)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMAN View Post
    the stock alarm will go off, when any of the doors are opened, even the trunk or hatch... the hood does have a sensor, and the alarm will go off if the hood is opened as well

if your car previously had the door lock recall, it might have gotten the alarm shock sensor upgrade installed, behind the passenger side kick panel... they do go bad from time to time, and they just need to get replaced
    Well that's a new one. Nobody at the dealer has brought that up before. Not aware of any recall on the door lock....would be very interested if you had any more info on that ...TSB or..... Does that cover a 2005? I did disconnect the hood switch and the alarm still went off so I know that's not the issue. I could bite the bullet and replace all the door switches but that's a big expense.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the owners manual explains clearly the operation of the alarm system

I cannot share with you details of the MSP14 / SSP75 recall, due to security and confidentiality reasons... there's a big thread about it here, that discusses this, but you won't find technical details

if your alarm is still going off even after disconnecting the hood switch, it's clear it's not the hood switch that's causing your alarm to go off

like I said, if your car previously had the door lock recall, it might have gotten the alarm shock sensor upgrade installed, behind the passenger side kick panel... have you checked for it?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMAN View Post
    the owners manual explains clearly the operation of the alarm system

I cannot share with you details of the MSP14 / SSP75 recall, due to security and confidentiality reasons... there's a big thread about it here, that discusses this, but you won't find technical details

if your alarm is still going off even after disconnecting the hood switch, it's clear it's not the hood switch that's causing your alarm to go off

like I said, if your car previously had the door lock recall, it might have gotten the alarm shock sensor upgrade installed, behind the passenger side kick panel... have you checked for it?
    I did not check behind the kick panel, however I am the original owner of the car and keep very accurate records of any maintenance. If the shock sensor was done it was not on any work order. What would I be looking for behind the kick panel if the upgrade was done?

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it will be obvious that it's not a factory installation... you will see obvious wire splices with a cigarette box sized device

since you said the door ajar warning light does not come on with the hatch opened, you can try taking the cargo tonneau cover off and/or folding the back seats dome, to see if the trunk light turns or stays on after closing the hatch... you should also tug at all (closed) doors to see if the dome/trunk light comes on, to pinpoint the cause

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TheMAN For This Useful Post:

G ~ MINI (08-14-2020)