Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you were to trade-in or buy another vehicle besides a Mazda, what would it be?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: If you were to trade-in or buy another vehicle besides a Mazda, what would it be?

I havent really thought of this for a while
    I suppose start a project car with a 2012 MX5 since im so familiar with the non sky 2.0L

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: If you were to trade-in or buy another vehicle besides a Mazda, what would it be?

I'm actually contemplating the New BRZ.

RWD, Standard 6 speed, Naturally aspirated...your basic old fashioned sports coupe.

_3

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Flagrum_3 For This Useful Post:

G ~ MINI (02-04-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would lean toward the Veloster N .

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S.F.W. For This Useful Post:

Daileydose (03-01-2022),G ~ MINI (02-04-2022)

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    I would lean toward the Veloster N .
    I thought of Hyundai and Kia but I just don't feel they are long in the ethical (chain) in how they treat their customers, especially regarding recalls and acknowledging issues. I would rather stick with Japanese automakers. I might change my mind if we had 10 year manufacturer warranties, like the US has.

Speaking of warranties, does anyone remember a time when the US had inferior (time) warranties compared to Canada?
    Last edited by Google; 02-07-2022 at 08:16 PM.
    Made in BC.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean 10 year powertrain . 100,000 miles (160K Kms)
    I was at 60k kms in the 2 nd year and 180kms in the 4th year then i slowed down a bit and was at 268K kms at 10 year ... so i blew by that real quick .
    Most important ,... stay on the recommended interval or sooner and service at a good dealership (mine was agincourt mazda)

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G ~ MINI View Post
    You mean 10 year powertrain . 100,000 miles (160K Kms)
    I was at 60k kms in the 2 nd year and 180kms in the 4th year then i slowed down a bit and was at 268K kms at 10 year ... so i blew by that real quick .
    Most important ,... stay on the recommended interval or sooner and service at a good dealership (mine was agincourt mazda)
    Yes, this. Since our family doesn't drive much, we go by years.

It seems cars these days have issues unlike those from 2005 like my Mazda3. My wife's 3 is a 2014 and now she has a timing belt cover leak. I never heard of this with vehicles, especially since she only has 80K. Timing chains last pretty much indefinitely, and you might as well replace the chain if you're going to replace the seal and it seems it will leak again.

Reliability seems to be a concern with everything in and around the engine being so tight now and all the plastic being used. Another forum member here commented his CX5 has the leak despite being repaired under warranty.

As far as Hyundai and Kia goes, they too seem to be having ongoing issues as well: https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/park...risk-1.5772762

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    Yes, this. Since our family doesn't drive much, we go by years.

It seems cars these days have issues unlike those from 2005 like my Mazda3. My wife's 3 is a 2014 and now she has a timing belt cover leak. I never heard of this with vehicles, especially since she only has 80K. Timing chains last pretty much indefinitely, and you might as well replace the chain if you're going to replace the seal and it seems it will leak again.

Reliability seems to be a concern with everything in and around the engine being so tight now and all the plastic being used. Another forum member here commented his CX5 has the leak despite being repaired under warranty.

As far as Hyundai and Kia goes, they too seem to be having ongoing issues as well: https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/park...risk-1.5772762

Timing chains do not last forever they will stretch over time
    and as for seals and other parts that wear out with time or inactivity they too have to be eventually replaced.
    Alot parts on all cars wear out no matter and most of these parts wear after accumulated mileage

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G ~ MINI View Post
    Timing chains do not last forever they will stretch over time
    and as for seals and other parts that wear out with time or inactivity they too have to be eventually replaced.
    Alot parts on all cars wear out no matter and most of these parts wear after accumulated mileage
    In theory, yes. The service manager (who recently) retired at my dealership stated that timing chains last essentially indefinitely even with high mileage. That's why he said there is no recommended "maintenance" interval for the seals and replacement of chain in the Mazda owner's manual. If it was a belt, there would be a recommended change at around 80K or 5 years, whichever comes first.

From my research, timing chains usually last a long time, well above 10 years unless there's a manufacturer's defect. Case in point: there is a TSB (in the US) with many Mazda models with the timing chain seal issue despite low mileage. This is not a recall so it won't be replaced outside warranty.

Furthermore, while (technically) true, nothing lasts forever except maybe some of the cosmetic implants like breast augmentation, lol.

My experience with timing chains (and seals) seems to be very different than what you suggest.

Anyhow, once again the US auto market is saying demand for used vehicles have never been so high with sale prices averaging around 40% above their actual value.

As far as new vehicles go, it's now the norm for people to pay well above the MSRP.
    Last edited by Google; 02-20-2022 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would probably get The New 400z, or family oriented an E class Wagon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daileydose View Post

Cool !
    the 400z has some 240z looks and also Jag f type lines too

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daileydose View Post
    With the family growing, a wagon is my next choice as well.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Re: If you were to trade-in or buy another vehicle besides a Mazda, what would it be?

Is anyone considering buying a very inexpensive subcompact? It seems like there's no more middle income in Canada anymore.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a BMW X5 would probably fit my family's budget, as well as my wife's wishes.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaimedavid For This Useful Post:

G ~ MINI (03-29-2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im really liking some of the new Volvo wagons lately !

Quote Originally Posted by groovin View Post
    With the family growing, a wagon is my next choice as well.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe a Caterham 620 - but not the greatest in snow

https://www.superformance.com/factory-models/caterham

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12