Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Economy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fuel Economy

i have a 04 mazda 3 hatch black .. i fill with Premium ( i feel the difference from Regular ) .. i drive city mostly and i get about 400 ish total .. but thats with me and my speeding .. high rev .. i drove like a normal person with a full tank on Premium once .. and i got well over 450 ish maybe a bit more .. i forgot what was the end total but it was pretty damn good .. but damn .. Premium price these days .. CRAZY! about 55-60 bucks to fill the tank T.T"" Mazda3 Hatch 10/10 on gas ! thumbs up !

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenChan View Post
    i have a 04 mazda 3 hatch black .. i fill with Premium ( i feel the difference from Regular ) .. i drive city mostly and i get about 400 ish total .. but thats with me and my speeding .. high rev .. i drove like a normal person with a full tank on Premium once .. and i got well over 450 ish maybe a bit more .. i forgot what was the end total but it was pretty damn good .. but damn .. Premium price these days .. CRAZY! about 55-60 bucks to fill the tank T.T"" Mazda3 Hatch 10/10 on gas ! thumbs up !
    Is the difference you're feeling in your wallet being lighter and therefore making your car go faster? Because that is the only performance difference premium gas will make in the NA 2.3L engine.
    - Courtesy of Unoriginalusername
    "Friends don't let friends, apex early."- unknown
    2008.5 Black Mica Mazdaspeed3
    2005 Titanium Grey, 5spd, GT Sport Hatch

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL so true .. but its just 5-10 bucks more .. not THAT bad .. i fill once every week or week and a half .. so its not THAT bad .. but it does hurt.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenChan View Post
    LOL so true .. but its just 5-10 bucks more .. not THAT bad .. i fill once every week or week and a half .. so its not THAT bad .. but it does hurt.
    From my understanding, the 3's are better off with regular fuel as opposed to premium. There is a long thread about it. I'm sure you'll find the details by doing a quick search.

I currently get about 500-525 a tank(60% city/40% hwy) before the light comes on. Did a long trip last month and got about 650km(98% hwy/ 2% city) before the light came on.
    2007 Mazda 3 Sedan GT (Black Mica) | MS Cat-back | MS CAI | 6000k HID Low Beams| 6000k HID Fogs | Indy Fog Mod | 35% Tint | Lip Spoiler | Pro Kit | Enkei RSV Wheels

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a long thread about it? i cant seem to find it .. if you can find it for me again please pm me and send me the link . thanks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only users on this board who would HAVE to shell out money for premium gas is those with a Speed3 I think.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just filled my tank right now, usually when I fill it on my trip computer it says 620 kms remaining but today it said 560 kms remaining. Could it be that its getting and the tank bladder has shrunken? I think that i filled the same amount of fuel in terms of litres though as I did before.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where is the forum member getting 900 km a tank, when everyone else does not even come close to that LOL

I get around 450- 500 , 90% city 10 A% highway

I got around 600-650 if i do all highway.

Not the best fuel economy if i compare it to my civic but i guess you pay for the power you are getting

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am able to do 700 before my gas light comes on... but that's country driving at around 90 - 95 km/h

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think mines doing well at about 600 - 700 kms per tank. Then again anything was better then my 04 Mazda 6 with the 3 L V6. That was a bit of a pig on fuel (500 - 550/tank with a 68L tank)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Replying to Topic \'Fuel Economy\'

Quote Originally Posted by VeRmiLLioN View Post
    All I know is that I get about 450kms on a full tank with my 3GTS.

Sucks actually. I got 424km on a full tank with my Probe GT (2.5L V6).
    The Probe, if I remember correctly, had a 60L tank. Your Mazda3, a 55L tank. You're comparing apples and oranges here. You're getting more clicks on a smaller tank with the 3. If I were you, I'd be happy.

The trip computer on my 3 shows my average as 10.6L/100km. The majority of my driving is city, and I have a slightly heavy foot. That said, on long trip averaging 80-110km/h I can easily get 600+ km out of one tank (and thats usually only 45L to full, I have NEVER COME CLOSE to filling a full 55L on my car)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rick10 View Post
    where is the forum member getting 900 km a tank, when everyone else does not even come close to that LOL

I get around 450- 500 , 90% city 10 A% highway

I got around 600-650 if i do all highway.

Not the best fuel economy if i compare it to my civic but i guess you pay for the power you are getting
    Who's Civic are you comparing this to? Your grandma's??? And you're right in my books, Civic's have NO BALLS! So ya, if you compare a 3GT to a bare-bones Civic, the civic might win in fuel economy, but that's about it...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would probably get some good numbers, except I like hearing the sound of the CAI...so WOT . Most of my driving is city, I haven't taken any road trips yet, but when I do, i'll record the numbers.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rick10 View Post
    where is the forum member getting 900 km a tank, when everyone else does not even come close to that
    I gave you my proof of 870(including it being substantiated with figures from Mazda Canada and third party testers), you can't refute it so you insult me in every thread with the words "fuel economy" anywhere in the thread. Good job.

For anyone who cares, I'm talking about Ricks incredibly intelligent() posts in this thread.

/jack
    VG | MAZDASPEED | RACING HART | SIMOTA | EIBACH | DUNLOP | SOK07 | RACING BEAT | HAWK

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Replying to Topic \'Fuel Economy\'

Quote Originally Posted by fairleymac View Post
    The Probe, if I remember correctly, had a 60L tank.
    If the probe uses the same size as the MX6 it was a 65L tank. That 2.5 V6 and fuel economy really don't belong in the same sentence (i averaged with it 20 - 24 mpg depending on the weather lol). It's terrible on fuel the only thing I've had that was worse than my old MX6 was my 87 RX7 turbo. That thing when played with was getting single digit economy lol.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know guys, not to nit-pick but just saying stuff like; 'I got 700km out of my last tank' or 'I usually get 450-500 from a tank' basically tells us nothing!, there's too many variables.

It would be much more helpful if figures and variables were mentioned and don't use the trip computer as it is very unreliable....Figure out for yourselfs, give info like percentage of Hwy/City, kms driven, litres used, auto or stick etc; etc;.

...just a thought!

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 2009 2.3l GT. I average 10.8-11 liters per 100 km. I'm very disappointed. Right now I have 2800 km on the odometer. My friends '09 265 WRX has the same gas mileage. Disgusting. I already somewhat regret buying this car. Plus the knocking at idle.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3DEE View Post
    I have a 2009 2.3l GT. I average 10.8-11 liters per 100 km. I'm very disappointed. Right now I have 2800 km on the odometer. My friends '09 265 WRX has the same gas mileage. Disgusting. I already somewhat regret buying this car. Plus the knocking at idle.
    I would'nt be so hasty, your still in the break-in period! You should see an improvement over time....some experience good economy right from the start but some like myself did not.Originally I was averaging around 10.-11.0 l/100km, within a couple of oil-change periods it went down to 8.0-9.0l/100km.

If you feel it's still too high try disconnecting your battery for a period (to clear any programming) ...then for a period afterward try to drive more conservative to set-up the programming that way!

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got 400km's on my last tank.
    had the stock header on the entire time, and the stock wheels. did an alignment too.

something's still up....
    Quote Originally Posted by cwp_sedan View Post
    I guess I should also rename the Engine/Drivetrain section "Arts & Crafts"
    2007 Mazda3 gx
    2003 Volkswagen GTI 20th Anniversary Edition
    2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Outdoorsman / 2012 Ducati Monster 796

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is an 05 GS stock and the best i ever got out of a full tank until the light came on was 412 km all city.
    Just normal driving , no racing ...........
    I must be doing something wrong compared to some other members. lol

Sponsor

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'm in the same boat as 3DEE except I don't regret the purchase heh. About 10 through 11 Liters/100KM according to the trip computer as well old spreadsheet results. But yeah from what I have been reading it takes a couple of thousand kilometers to settle into the 8 range. As well though I have been doing 90-95% City Driving during the brake in period with the varying the RPM meter through most of the tach band.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you guys are doing that much city driving it's a good practice to every several months (I like to do it before each oil change), to get some Redline fuel system cleaner and go redline the car thru the gears on a nice long on-ramp somewhere, to clean her out....this will help somewhat with the fuel consumption.....as I've found.(You won't believe the carbon you burn off )

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, lets hope it gets better in the next few months.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i get 9L/100Km during the winter months, due to letting the car warm up during a cold start, but during the summer i average 9.5L/100Km. I do maybe 80% highway and 20% city

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently averaging around 8.45 L/100km (50% city and 50 hwy) with a 2007 GT auto. In the summer it a little lower and in the winter a little higher.

Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast