Thread: Krown vs Platimum Shield Protection?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Krown vs Platimum Shield Protection?

I'm in the process of buying my second Mazda 3, a 2020 GS. The business manager recommended that I go for the Platinum Shield Protection since I have gone for yearly applications of Krown's rustproofing since I got my previous Mazda3.

He also told me about some issues with regards with Krown, specifically about the oils being used that corrode electronics (I'm not 100% sure about that), but I have also heard about issues of making claims especially if you had not been consistently taking your car into their service centre.

Has anyone used this particular protection plan and have any feedback? Or has most people decided to stick with Krown?

Thanks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Krown vs Platimum Shield Protection?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahna Los View Post
    I'm in the process of buying my second Mazda 3, a 2020 GS. The business manager recommended that I go for the Platinum Shield Protection since I have gone for yearly applications of Krown's rustproofing since I got my previous Mazda3.

He also told me about some issues with regards with Krown, specifically about the oils being used that corrode electronics (I'm not 100% sure about that), but I have also heard about issues of making claims especially if you had not been consistently taking your car into their service centre.

Has anyone used this particular protection plan and have any feedback? Or has most people decided to stick with Krown?

Thanks
    Stick with Krown, its total BS that it will hurt anything. Been doing my '05 yearly with Krown and have had no issues electronically or otherwise. I just recently after over 340k kms had a few issues with bushings, but that's 340,000+ kms mostly city driving. My car is basically still rust free also.

Most dealer packages are not worth the money, and any rust protection they offer is typically sub-par.

Search on this site also, as there have been several long conversations on the matter of rustproofing.

_3
    Last edited by Flagrum_3; 10-06-2020 at 12:17 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    I have been using Krown every year since 2012 and im at 260K .
    The only concern with the Krown product is to not spray on rubber... it swells soft rubber like weather strips on doors and in the hood ... it expand and lengthen.
    Same here ...my car is basically rust free too

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G ~ MINI View Post
    I have been using Krown every year since 2012 and im at 260K .
    The only concern with the Krown product is to not spray on rubber... it swells soft rubber like weather strips on doors and in the hood ... it expand and lengthen.
    Same here ...my car is basically rust free too
    Supposedly the product from Platinum Shield Protection (it's actually a spray) is more durable than Krown and therefore I do not need to apply this yearly. From a financial perspective, this makes sense, given that I may have spent the same amount yearly doing the Krown applications. The business manager says this product is "do it once and never worry about it again".

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Get rubber undercoat
    - Do Krown every year (or two; depends on how many KM you drive and the elements exposed)

Im at 395K; no rust. Ppl that see my underbody can't believe it
    Too Many Mods To List

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supposedly the product from Platinum Shield Protection (it's actually a spray) is more durable than Krown and therefore I do not need to apply this yearly. From a financial perspective, this makes sense, given that I may have spent the same amount yearly doing the Krown applications. The business manager says this product is "do it once and never worry about it again".
    Basically all do it once products ... the coating will start to dry up over time and crack and moisture / salt can in.
    If all parts are not coated then a repeat application cannot address that. Hence why a yearly or every other year fresh new application
    is that... fresh & new.