Thread: Bad Brand New CV Axles??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bad Brand New CV Axles??

I got new tires and wanted a balance so the shop said to get new control arms first. When I had them off I decided to replace the CV axles and did. Now, there is a vibration under fairly stiff acceleration between 80 kmh and 120 kmh. You don't really feel it below 80. The harder I accelerate, the more noticeable the vibration it. Now, it's not really bad, but I don't think it should be there at all.

Could I have done something installing them that would throw them out of balance or is it possible to get a "bad" brand new part?

Thanks.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Bad Brand New CV Axles??

tbh most of these cv axles are junk unless there oem, what brand did u get? all the china ones i would avoid. best to get reman oem or oem

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I got new tires and wanted a balance so the shop said to get new control arms first. When I had them off I decided to replace the CV axles and did. Now, there is a vibration under fairly stiff acceleration between 80 kmh and 120 kmh. You don't really feel it below 80. The harder I accelerate, the more noticeable the vibration it. Now, it's not really bad, but I don't think it should be there at all.

Could I have done something installing them that would throw them out of balance or is it possible to get a "bad" brand new part?

Thanks.
    If you are experiencing the vibration at only certain speeds, such as between 80-100kph and not below or above those speeds, it is most likely an out of balance tire. Take it back and have them recheck all tires are balanced properly.

_3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Flagrum_3 For This Useful Post:

G ~ MINI (12-10-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just had a new set of tires installed and it's not them. I'm thinking bad CV joint. Rpelich, I didn't get the brand name. I knew they were off brand so I just threw the boxes out. You get what you pay for. I expect in the long term if I leave them in they may end up damaging a bearing??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I just had a new set of tires installed and it's not them. I'm thinking bad CV joint. Rpelich, I didn't get the brand name. I knew they were off brand so I just threw the boxes out. You get what you pay for. I expect in the long term if I leave them in they may end up damaging a bearing??
    I p0refer to alway go with OEM Mazda and get it with TM3 membership discount (10% + off)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rpelich, this is a pretty old post but I just determined that the brand name of the replaced axles is Cardone.

Flagrum_3, we just had a new set of tires installed and balanced and the problem is still there. I am headed in to get a new pair of axles under warranty tomorrow. We'll see how those do.

Monkey