Thread: Amazon sent wrong Continental A/C belt??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Amazon sent wrong Continental A/C belt??

I ordered an A/C compressor belt for my 2006 Mazda 3, 2.3L. Amazon sent a Continental 4050272S and it seems REALLY short. Before I start prying and cranking, could somebody confirm that number because Autozone's website said I should have a 4060522.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Amazon sent wrong Continental A/C belt??

Just to follow up, the Continental 4050272S is the right belt for the car. A bit of a challenge getting it on mind you.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, these stretch belts are a little tricky the first time you do one. I used a Gates K050264SF belt and after looking at it, I broke down and bought the belt installation tool so I wouldn't risk gouging the new belt trying to get it on the pulley. I managed to find a Gates tool locally (packaged as an AC Delco 19188391) for about $15. The set screw on the tool didn't work as shown in the instructions (the screw was too long for the threads to engage the tool when seated against the face of the pulley) but I was able to use the tool effectively without it. I'm not sure if the Gates 91030 stretch belt tool is exactly the same, or if that's a better fit. No more squeally AC belt. I inspected the serpentine belt tensioner too, replaced its pulley, and put a new serpentine belt on before installing the new AC stretch belt.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greblos View Post
    Yup, these stretch belts are a little tricky the first time you do one. I used a Gates K050264SF belt and after looking at it, I broke down and bought the belt installation tool so I wouldn't risk gouging the new belt trying to get it on the pulley. I managed to find a Gates tool locally (packaged as an AC Delco 19188391) for about $15. The set screw on the tool didn't work as shown in the instructions (the screw was too long for the threads to engage the tool when seated against the face of the pulley) but I was able to use the tool effectively without it. I'm not sure if the Gates 91030 stretch belt tool is exactly the same, or if that's a better fit. No more squeally AC belt. I inspected the serpentine belt tensioner too, replaced its pulley, and put a new serpentine belt on before installing the new AC stretch belt.
    We may do the A/C belt soon when start working on the Mazda 3. Need to finish first the installation of the headache rack and access tonneau cover on the truck this weekend. Got to get a good set of tools.