Thread: My review of the Damond PMM

Thanks
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My review of the Damond PMM

2010 Mazda 3 2.5L 6MT
    So the main reason why I went ahead and changed out my passenger motor mount was due to fords ingenious idea to make the mount with hydraulic fluid... so when I looked in my engine bay and seen the juice of my mount all over, I already knew. I called dealership and said it was almost $400 dollars for a new one no thanks!

So i bought a Damond PMM street for considerably less. The quality of the mount is nice the actual mount piece I got was gold. It is anodized and you can see the machine lines which is love me some machine lines.

The install was pretty painless until i got to the part when I had to re locate the ground wire that was connected to the chassis and OE motor mount. The suggested screw in location was rusted pretty bad and I snapped the bolt head... an hour of agony and despair followed along with lots of nice words. after finding a new spot and finding a magic 10mm nut I was happy.

After my debacle the mount is in looking really great. so first start up and I'm expecting stupid shaking and rattling and to my surprise it just felt very little vibes from the steering wheel and pedals. Flipped on the A/C hardly and vibes. The car feels great again no more jerking when coasting and immediate response from when the throttle is pushed down.

Maybe ill update this after the break in.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daileydose For This Useful Post:

G ~ MINI (07-26-2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My review of the Damond PMM

Quote Originally Posted by Daileydose View Post
    2010 Mazda 3 2.5L 6MT
    So the main reason why I went ahead and changed out my passenger motor mount was due to fords ingenious idea to make the mount with hydraulic fluid... so when I looked in my engine bay and seen the juice of my mount all over, I already knew. I called dealership and said it was almost $400 dollars for a new one no thanks!

So i bought a Damond PMM street for considerably less. The quality of the mount is nice the actual mount piece I got was gold. It is anodized and you can see the machine lines which is love me some machine lines.

The install was pretty painless until i got to the part when I had to re locate the ground wire that was connected to the chassis and OE motor mount. The suggested screw in location was rusted pretty bad and I snapped the bolt head... an hour of agony and despair followed along with lots of nice words. after finding a new spot and finding a magic 10mm nut I was happy.

After my debacle the mount is in looking really great. so first start up and I'm expecting stupid shaking and rattling and to my surprise it just felt very little vibes from the steering wheel and pedals. Flipped on the A/C hardly and vibes. The car feels great again no more jerking when coasting and immediate response from when the throttle is pushed down.

Maybe ill update this after the break in.
    I updated mine and went with the AWR passenger mount ... mine still vibrating a bit but better than first few days ...im at about 400 kms ..need a bit more time to settle in

Thanks
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After about 200KMS it has settled down considerably. Also installed a CPE RMM. The RMM added the most NVH in the cabin.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AWR passenger race mount is settled a bit but i think will settle some more.
    The worst i hate about it it changed the harmonics you normally hear with engine.
    Made certain noise different and the extra vibration... new noises are heard when at idle or below 2500 rpm
    otherwise keep it the redline and you will hear nothing ...lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put in the Damond PMM as well. Vibes were not nearly as bad as people described. Besides enough other little rattles and vibrations in the car, a few more are fine.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Thanks
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    I put in the Damond PMM as well. Vibes were not nearly as bad as people described. Besides enough other little rattles and vibrations in the car, a few more are fine.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
    Yeah the description of what people where saying was really putting me off but I needed a Passenger mount since I've finally experienced the explosion. So its been a week and it no longer vibrates my cabin and this is also with the CP-E RMM 65A. Re-Torqued and it feels like stock with very minimal NVH